Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsFriday April 22, 2016
Slevered has been working on animating the AT-TE model, which will be used alongside (or in place of, in some cases) the AT-AT for some Imperial factions in 2.2. ...Read more »Thursday April 14, 2016
We're coming up on the tenth anniversary of the start of Thrawn's Revenge. In 10 years, we've managed to raise our standards and consistently improve the quality of work we put out, however with such a small team and a long period of time, this leads to some inconsistency between older and newer materials. One of the biggest goals we have in Ascendancy 1.1 and Imperial Civil War 2.2 is to try to rework some of the older, worse materials in the mod, as you can see with this new Ton Falk Carrier model (formerly known as just the Escort Carrier).In order to more quickly/fully accomplish this goal, we are looking for people to help fill a few more positions within the team, including concept artists, modellers and texture artists. If you have some experience and are interested in any of these positions, you can find more details here:Recruitment BoardFor anyone not interested, just look at the picture. ...Read more »Wednesday April 13, 2016
For the past few versions, we've been using Bastion as the de facto capital of the Pentastar Alignment. This is not entirely accurate, so in 2.2, we've added the actual capital of the Alignment, Entralla. ...Read more »Sunday February 07, 2016
With Ascendancy 1.0 in beta and soon to be fully released pending the official Sins 1.83 update, the old behemoth that is Imperial Civil War has been de-mothballed and pulled back into active service alongside her little sister. In the 2.2 announcement update, we announced that we would be doing a GC based on the Galactic Civil War era, however ultimately the team has decided this will no longer be the case. Rather than using those resources to expand the timeline of the mod, we'll be continuing to fine-tune and polish the area between the Battle of Endor and the beginning of the Vong War. This will involve a lot of things, some under the hood and some more obvious, but the first thing we'll be talking about, and the biggest change, is the disintegration of the Warlords.Rather than being a single brown mass on the galactic map, the Warlords are being split into three fully-playable and distinct factions, representing (in our opinion) the biggest and most important of the Warlord groups; Warlord Zsinj's Empire, Treutan Teradoc's Greater Maldrood and Sander Delvardus' Eriadu Authority. As the faction which should be most familiar to our players and which requires the least 'new' units, Warlord Zsinj's Empire will be the first to be addressed.Zsinj's EmpireCapital: Serenno, DathomirOne of the first and ultimately most powerful groups to denounce the authority of the Imperial Ruling Council, Warlord Zsinj's Empire formed around Serenno and his flagship, the Executor-class Iron Fist, in 4ABY. Initially he was ignored by the New Republic and managed to coexist with all except the neighbouring Greater Maldrood. During this time, he subsumed the Corporate Sector Authority and parts of the Hydian Way, ultimately moving his capital to Rancor Base at Dathomir, whose Nightsister populace he began to exploit. The New Republic takeover of Coruscant bolstered his forces even more, as former Imperial loyalists flocked to his Empire. Ultimately a coalition of New Republic, Hapan and Imperial forces led by Han Solo, Prince Isolder and Teren Rogriss defeated Zsinj.Key among his forces are the Raptor Troopers, an elite corp of Stormtrooper-esque soldiers, as well as the TIE Raptor, a unique fighter type available only to Zsinj. Zsinj will also be taking some of the Pentastar roster based on the Corporate Sector Authority, including a few new units in 2.2, while the Alignment gets replacements from their units in Ascendancy.Space Unit RosterExecutorLucrehulk, ISDI, ISDII, Invincible, AllegianceNebulon-B, Nebulon-BII, Quasar, CR90, Carrack, Dreadnaught, Strike Cruiser, Gladiator, Neutron Star, Immobilizer-418, ProvidenceTIE Raptor, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Authority IRD, Warpod PinnaceGround Unit RosterAT-AT, JuggernautAT-ST, Chariot LAV, AT-AA, IDT, SPMAT, TIE Mauler, TIE Crawler, 1H RepulsortankUnique Infantry: Raptor Troopers, NightsistersHeroesWarlord Zsinj - Iron FistTetran Cowall - False 181stTerrinald Screed - DemolisherApwar Trigit - Implacable GethzerionGeneral MelvarAs ever, if you have suggestions for this faction, feel free to post them in the comments on our forums or on ModDB. ...Read more »Friday January 01, 2016
Happy new year everyone! 2015 was not a bad year for Thrawn's Revenge. It saw the first release of an Ascendancy alpha, our Sins project, with very encouraging reception. We also had a very strong showing in the Mod of the Year competition including an Honourable Mention for Ascendancy in the Upcoming category and a 7th place finish for Imperial Civil War, our Empire at War mod, in the Released category. Both of these were in the Player's Choice portion, so we want to give everyone who's supported us all year a huge thank you. We would not be where we are today without all of your support. With 2015 in the rear-view mirror and 2016 starting, I wanted to take a moment to talk about what you can expect in the coming year from us. Keep in mind, life always finds a way to get in the way so this information may not all be 100% correct by this time next year, but it's the plan for now and we'll do our best to meet or beat it all. First, we plan to have not one but three major releases this year. Two of these releases will be for Ascendancy, and one will be the long-awaited Imperial Civil War 2.2. The first of these releases, Ascendancy 1.0, is currently slated to come out between January 29th-February 12th, 2016. Don't ask about the other two, I have no idea.That date range for Ascendancy 1.0 is, again:January 29th-February 12th, 2016One of our failings in 2015 was that we were unable to keep people informed of what was going on as much as we would have liked, meaning a dearth of news posts and general media for most of the year. This year, I hope to correct that with fairly regular progress posts and full articles. Last year we also tried releasing the Dauntless for Ascendancy on its own to our forums for people to play with and test before the release of the mod, and this is something I would like to try to do more of in the dry spell between versions. I'm also going to be more active on my youtube channel, where I primarily post videos of me getting destroyed in early versions of Ascendancy and Imperial Civil War, along with some other games. One other thing to look forward to is the New Republic trailer Jin is working on for the release of Ascendancy 1.0. If you don't remember the Imperial Remnant trailer we made for 0.9, you can watch that too:Hopefully that gives you a good general idea of what 2016 will have in store. As ever, if you have ideas or feedback about what you would like to see in future versions, please let us know in the comments on Youtube, Mod Database, or join the community on our forums. You can also find an active player base there for discussions about If you would like to help us achieve our goals for 2016, we're always looking for new people to join the team. We currently have openings for voice actors, 3D modelers and texture artists. If you're interested in helping out in one of these capacities, contact me at ThrawnsRevenge@gmail.com.Follow Thrawn's RevengeForums - Facebook - Steam Group - Mod DB - Twitter ...Read more »Saturday December 05, 2015
We've all been using our faction avatars for a few months, and tonight I made some assets for the Ascendancy update that also serve as forum signatures for the four main playable factions. To use them, copy the image url, then go to edit profile and paste them in image tags in your signature. (image tags are [ img ][/ img] without the spaces) ...Read more »Monday November 30, 2015
We've posted Eriadu, so here's Maldood. Also, it's apparently MOTY now, so if you want to vote for us, you can click the big vote button on the main page. We appreciate any support!Vote here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revengeClick to embiggen. ...Read more »Sunday November 29, 2015
Just to show we've been working (although focus is on Ascendancy right now), here's an early shot of the Eriadu Authority's starting position in the new Endor Aftermath GC. Forces and heroes are obviously in progress, but you can see some new planets for the scenario here.Faction colour is subject to change (there's not too many left to choose from, and we want to avoid colour blindness problems) ...Read more »Saturday August 01, 2015
I've started posting my series of 2.2 testing playthroughs on my youtube channel, starting with the Empire of the Hand. I'll be doing playthroughs with most of the new content as we approach release, so if you want to see everything in action and hear me go on about random modding stuff, I'll be posting screenshots with links to the episodes every Wednesday and Saturday in the image gallery. Go subscribe and like and share and stuff. ...Read more »
The original tech-tree system from vanilla Empire at War, whereby the player researches or steals technology to gain access to new and better units, does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge. Instead the mod is structured around five discrete eras covering the years after Battle of Endor (4 ABY) up until shortly after the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty (19 ABY), with allowance for technology up to the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War (25 ABY). Each era is centred on the predominant Imperial leader of the period and includes a range of appropriate units and heroes for each faction (e.g. the New Republic gains access to some of its New Class starships in later eras).
Progression between eras, where allowed, occurs when the respective Imperial leader is killed (an Imperial player would need to sacrifice their faction’s current leader in order to advance). The driving principle behind this is that although we don’t force events to happen as the result of canonical battles (e.g. kill Thrawn at Bilbringi), the progression of the leaders would happen independent of player actions, Thrawn leaving the Empire of the Hand to take over from Isard, Palpatine making his renewed bid to control the galaxy, etc.
Note: Unlike with tech levels there is no guarantee that advancing era will provide access to better units or heroes, and in some cases it is possible that units or heroes may be lost when the era is advanced.
- Era 1: Director Ysanne Isard (6-7 ABY)
- It is less than two years after the fateful Battle of Endor. The Empire is fragmented with many of its former leaders dead or fighting amongst themselves. Ysanne Isard, former Director of Imperial Intelligence, has taken control of those planets and forces still loyal to the Empire. Meanwhile, the Rebel Alliance has consolidated its forces and reformed into a New Republic led by a Provisional Council. Strengthened by new members its attention has now turned towards the Core and set its sights on Coruscant – the seat of galactic authority for millennia.
- Era 2: Grand Admiral Thrawn (9 ABY)
- Now five years after Endor, the New Republic has liberated Coruscant and grown to encompass thousands of worlds. With the Imperial fleet and warlords driven back and nearly three quarters of the known galaxy on side, many in the New Republic believe the war is over and are turning their attentions to their own needs and ambitions. But thousands of light-years away, Grand Admiral Thrawn has taken command of the shattered Imperial fleet, readied it for war, and pointed it at the fragile heart of the New Republic.
- Era 3: Reborn Emperor Palpatine (10-11 ABY)
- Mere months after Grand Admiral Thrawn’s death at Bilbringi a mysterious message, using high level command codes, recalled all Imperial forces to the Deep Core. Using an arcane Force technique, Emperor Palpatine was able to transfer his spirit from his dying body at Endor to one of the many clones hidden at his secret fortress on Byss. After six years rebuilding his strength, the newly reborn Emperor is ready to re-conquer the galaxy. The New Republic, still in disarray from Thrawn’s campaign, is totally unprepared for this renewed thread.
- Era 4: Admiral Natasi Daala (12 ABY)
- One year after Emperor Palpatine’s dramatic and destructive bid to regain power the Empire is once again in a state of collapse, divided between worlds obeying the authority of a revived Ruling Council and a scattering of Warlords secreted in the Deep Core. Returning to galactic affairs after more than a decade spent guarding a secret Imperial research facility, Admiral Daala, former lover of Grand Moff Tarkin, is attempting to unite the disparate elements of the Empire and take the fight back to a war weary and insecure New Republic.
- Era 5: Grand Admiral Pellaeon (17-19 ABY)
- Having succeeded Admiral Daala as Supreme Commander of Imperial forces after her short lived campaign against the New Republic, Pellaeon endured a long and bloody rearguard action to retain as much of the Empire’s remaining territory as possible in the face of renewed New Republic offensives. Now faced with almost certain defeat, Pellaeon has been charged by the Moff Council to undertake a final push in an attempt to restore some measure of security from this perpetual and now existential threat.