Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsSaturday July 22, 2017
A quick look at a very early version of our Galactic Conquest scenario editor, building the new Reunification for 2.2. ...Read more »Saturday July 15, 2017
We have finally entered the last stretch of the 1.1 development cycle for Ascendancy and begun the beta process! As we clean up the last bits of work, like finishing some icons and one or two art assets, we will be opening up the mod builds to everyone for testing purposes. Our primary goals with this are to find any major bugs which still remain, but just as importantly, to start getting more information on balance in the mod before the full release. We will be hosting several games ourselves, and encourage everyone else in the beta to do the same, and let us know what you find.In order to access the beta, you will need an account on the Thrawn's Revenge forums. This is the method by which we are organizing the beta itself the feedback threads and game schedules are all being run through there. There are full download instructions within the beta subforum, but I have also made a video on how to set up the Github repository, which will be at the end of this post.The first multiplayer game we're organizing is being livestreamed as a community match on Corey Loses at 1pm EST, Sunday July 16th, the page for which can be found here. As a community event for the channel, the game will first be open to patrons of Corey Loses, and then opened to anyone who wants to join. If you can't come this time, there will be plenty of matches coming up, both streamed and unstreamed. Ideally, the beta process will be going 2-3 weeks before the full release.This release does not, of course, mean the end of the mod- we've already started some plans (and actual work) for the next version. As we've said in the past, we plan to do some smaller updates between the larger content-oriented ones, like faction releases.Whether you decide to join the beta or wait for the final release, we hope you enjoy it. ...Read more »Thursday July 06, 2017
With the beta starting up this weekend, it's time for our final overview post for 1.1, this time talking about heroes. Heroes in Ascendancy are absed on the E4X hero system developed by GoaFan for the Star Wars: Interregnum (and E4X) mod- before the game, if you want heroes enabled, you enable them in the pregame options. You will then have access to a station which can call in heroes for you, after completing the required research. Typically, heroes can respawn after they die, however there will be at least one exception to this. There is also one hero per faction which is available only in the flagship victory mode.The heroes for each faction are as follows. For more information on their abilities, you the video at the end runs through all abilities for all heroes:New Republic:- Han Solo & Chewbacca (Millenium Falcon)- Talon Karrde (Wild Karrde)- Admiral Ackbar (Home One)- Leia Organa-Solo (Rebel Dream, ISD) [Flagship]Imperial Remnant:- Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon (Right to Rule, ISD) [Requires Pellaeon/Thrawn Regime]- Grand Admiral Thrawn (Chimaera, ISD) [Requires Pellaeon/Thrawn Regime]- Admiral Natasi Daala (Knight Hammer, Executor) [Requires Daala Regime]- Emperor Palpatine (Eclipse) [Requires Palpatine Regime]- Sate Pestage (Ciutric, ISD) [Flagship]Pentastar Alignment:- CEO Elta Besk (Dynamic, Munificent-class)- Governor Ib Dekeet (Velcar, Secutor-class)- Grand Moff Ardus Kaine (Reaper, Executor-class)- Grand Admiral Octavian Grant (Oriflamme, ISD) [Flagship]Empireof the Hand:- Admiral Ar'alani (Frontier, Syndic-class)- Commander Stent (Retribution, Peltast-class)- Admiral Siath (Battlehammer, Intego-class)- Admiral Voss Parck (Strikefast, Victory-class) [Flagship] ...Read more »Monday June 26, 2017
This patch solely fixes an issue where loading times for launching the mod were incredibly long. Other changes will be coming in future versions and patches, but we felt this was necessary to be addressed as soon as we could.To install, simply extract the file and place the new GameObjectFiles.xml in CW22Demo/Data/XML, overwriting the existing one.[Download - ModDB] ...Read more »Wednesday June 21, 2017
We typically don't post personal stuff of our team not related to the mod, however one of our 3D Artists had some serious medical issues recently. If you could take a moment to read, share, or if possible, support the gofundme, we would all appreciate it.https://www.gofundme.com/jakes-appendicitis-emergency-fund ...Read more »Sunday June 18, 2017
...Read more »Thursday June 15, 2017
A quick look at another ability coming in Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War and Fall of the Republic, Microjumps. ...Read more »Thursday June 08, 2017
I've begun my full Empire of the Hand playthrough on my channel, covering several of the new units, graphics and functions in 2.2. Episodes will be posted every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. ...Read more »Wednesday June 07, 2017
Continuing our faction video preview series for 1.1, Corey has just posted the Imperial Remnant's, covering their new tech and ship abilities. Next up will be the Hand, and finally, heroes. ...Read more »
The original tech-tree system from vanilla Empire at War, whereby the player researches or steals technology to gain access to new and better units, does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge. Instead the mod is structured around five discrete eras covering the years after Battle of Endor (4 ABY) up until shortly after the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty (19 ABY), with allowance for technology up to the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War (25 ABY). Each era is centred on the predominant Imperial leader of the period and includes a range of appropriate units and heroes for each faction (e.g. the New Republic gains access to some of its New Class starships in later eras).
Progression between eras, where allowed, occurs when the respective Imperial leader is killed (an Imperial player would need to sacrifice their faction’s current leader in order to advance). The driving principle behind this is that although we don’t force events to happen as the result of canonical battles (e.g. kill Thrawn at Bilbringi), the progression of the leaders would happen independent of player actions, Thrawn leaving the Empire of the Hand to take over from Isard, Palpatine making his renewed bid to control the galaxy, etc.
Note: Unlike with tech levels there is no guarantee that advancing era will provide access to better units or heroes, and in some cases it is possible that units or heroes may be lost when the era is advanced.
- Era 1: Director Ysanne Isard (6-7 ABY)
- It is less than two years after the fateful Battle of Endor. The Empire is fragmented with many of its former leaders dead or fighting amongst themselves. Ysanne Isard, former Director of Imperial Intelligence, has taken control of those planets and forces still loyal to the Empire. Meanwhile, the Rebel Alliance has consolidated its forces and reformed into a New Republic led by a Provisional Council. Strengthened by new members its attention has now turned towards the Core and set its sights on Coruscant – the seat of galactic authority for millennia.
- Era 2: Grand Admiral Thrawn (9 ABY)
- Now five years after Endor, the New Republic has liberated Coruscant and grown to encompass thousands of worlds. With the Imperial fleet and warlords driven back and nearly three quarters of the known galaxy on side, many in the New Republic believe the war is over and are turning their attentions to their own needs and ambitions. But thousands of light-years away, Grand Admiral Thrawn has taken command of the shattered Imperial fleet, readied it for war, and pointed it at the fragile heart of the New Republic.
- Era 3: Reborn Emperor Palpatine (10-11 ABY)
- Mere months after Grand Admiral Thrawn’s death at Bilbringi a mysterious message, using high level command codes, recalled all Imperial forces to the Deep Core. Using an arcane Force technique, Emperor Palpatine was able to transfer his spirit from his dying body at Endor to one of the many clones hidden at his secret fortress on Byss. After six years rebuilding his strength, the newly reborn Emperor is ready to re-conquer the galaxy. The New Republic, still in disarray from Thrawn’s campaign, is totally unprepared for this renewed thread.
- Era 4: Admiral Natasi Daala (12 ABY)
- One year after Emperor Palpatine’s dramatic and destructive bid to regain power the Empire is once again in a state of collapse, divided between worlds obeying the authority of a revived Ruling Council and a scattering of Warlords secreted in the Deep Core. Returning to galactic affairs after more than a decade spent guarding a secret Imperial research facility, Admiral Daala, former lover of Grand Moff Tarkin, is attempting to unite the disparate elements of the Empire and take the fight back to a war weary and insecure New Republic.
- Era 5: Grand Admiral Pellaeon (17-19 ABY)
- Having succeeded Admiral Daala as Supreme Commander of Imperial forces after her short lived campaign against the New Republic, Pellaeon endured a long and bloody rearguard action to retain as much of the Empire’s remaining territory as possible in the face of renewed New Republic offensives. Now faced with almost certain defeat, Pellaeon has been charged by the Moff Council to undertake a final push in an attempt to restore some measure of security from this perpetual and now existential threat.