Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsSaturday July 22, 2017
A quick look at a very early version of our Galactic Conquest scenario editor, building the new Reunification for 2.2. ...Read more »Saturday July 15, 2017
We have finally entered the last stretch of the 1.1 development cycle for Ascendancy and begun the beta process! As we clean up the last bits of work, like finishing some icons and one or two art assets, we will be opening up the mod builds to everyone for testing purposes. Our primary goals with this are to find any major bugs which still remain, but just as importantly, to start getting more information on balance in the mod before the full release. We will be hosting several games ourselves, and encourage everyone else in the beta to do the same, and let us know what you find.In order to access the beta, you will need an account on the Thrawn's Revenge forums. This is the method by which we are organizing the beta itself the feedback threads and game schedules are all being run through there. There are full download instructions within the beta subforum, but I have also made a video on how to set up the Github repository, which will be at the end of this post.The first multiplayer game we're organizing is being livestreamed as a community match on Corey Loses at 1pm EST, Sunday July 16th, the page for which can be found here. As a community event for the channel, the game will first be open to patrons of Corey Loses, and then opened to anyone who wants to join. If you can't come this time, there will be plenty of matches coming up, both streamed and unstreamed. Ideally, the beta process will be going 2-3 weeks before the full release.This release does not, of course, mean the end of the mod- we've already started some plans (and actual work) for the next version. As we've said in the past, we plan to do some smaller updates between the larger content-oriented ones, like faction releases.Whether you decide to join the beta or wait for the final release, we hope you enjoy it. ...Read more »Thursday July 06, 2017
With the beta starting up this weekend, it's time for our final overview post for 1.1, this time talking about heroes. Heroes in Ascendancy are absed on the E4X hero system developed by GoaFan for the Star Wars: Interregnum (and E4X) mod- before the game, if you want heroes enabled, you enable them in the pregame options. You will then have access to a station which can call in heroes for you, after completing the required research. Typically, heroes can respawn after they die, however there will be at least one exception to this. There is also one hero per faction which is available only in the flagship victory mode.The heroes for each faction are as follows. For more information on their abilities, you the video at the end runs through all abilities for all heroes:New Republic:- Han Solo & Chewbacca (Millenium Falcon)- Talon Karrde (Wild Karrde)- Admiral Ackbar (Home One)- Leia Organa-Solo (Rebel Dream, ISD) [Flagship]Imperial Remnant:- Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon (Right to Rule, ISD) [Requires Pellaeon/Thrawn Regime]- Grand Admiral Thrawn (Chimaera, ISD) [Requires Pellaeon/Thrawn Regime]- Admiral Natasi Daala (Knight Hammer, Executor) [Requires Daala Regime]- Emperor Palpatine (Eclipse) [Requires Palpatine Regime]- Sate Pestage (Ciutric, ISD) [Flagship]Pentastar Alignment:- CEO Elta Besk (Dynamic, Munificent-class)- Governor Ib Dekeet (Velcar, Secutor-class)- Grand Moff Ardus Kaine (Reaper, Executor-class)- Grand Admiral Octavian Grant (Oriflamme, ISD) [Flagship]Empireof the Hand:- Admiral Ar'alani (Frontier, Syndic-class)- Commander Stent (Retribution, Peltast-class)- Admiral Siath (Battlehammer, Intego-class)- Admiral Voss Parck (Strikefast, Victory-class) [Flagship] ...Read more »Monday June 26, 2017
This patch solely fixes an issue where loading times for launching the mod were incredibly long. Other changes will be coming in future versions and patches, but we felt this was necessary to be addressed as soon as we could.To install, simply extract the file and place the new GameObjectFiles.xml in CW22Demo/Data/XML, overwriting the existing one.[Download - ModDB] ...Read more »Wednesday June 21, 2017
We typically don't post personal stuff of our team not related to the mod, however one of our 3D Artists had some serious medical issues recently. If you could take a moment to read, share, or if possible, support the gofundme, we would all appreciate it.https://www.gofundme.com/jakes-appendicitis-emergency-fund ...Read more »Sunday June 18, 2017
...Read more »Thursday June 15, 2017
A quick look at another ability coming in Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War and Fall of the Republic, Microjumps. ...Read more »Thursday June 08, 2017
I've begun my full Empire of the Hand playthrough on my channel, covering several of the new units, graphics and functions in 2.2. Episodes will be posted every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. ...Read more »Wednesday June 07, 2017
Continuing our faction video preview series for 1.1, Corey has just posted the Imperial Remnant's, covering their new tech and ship abilities. Next up will be the Hand, and finally, heroes. ...Read more »
Frequently Asked Questions
Confused about how you're meant to be playing the game? Something happening which you don't understand? Below are common questions asked.
Click on a question to see our answer.
- Are you going to include X?
- If you have a suggestion for additional content for the mod please feel free to post and discuss the details on our forums. Before posting please make sure that your suggestion is relevant to the premise and timeframe of the mod and remember that there is no guarantee that suggestions will be acted upon.
- Can I play Thrawn’s Revenge in Multiplayer?
- Yes. Thrawn’s Revenge includes several Multiplayer GC and Skirmish maps. Remember to make sure both parties have Forces of Corruption updated the same, have exactly the same version of the mod, and don’t have any old files or other mods in the Data folder. Please be aware that Forces of Corruption may not be cross-compatible between Disk and Steam versions of the game.
- Can I use your content in my mod?
- You many not use any content from this mod without the permission of Corey or the original content creator. You can contact Corey at ThrawnsRevenge@gmail.com.
- Does Thrawn’s Revenge conflict with Republic at War?
- Republic at War installs its scripts and AI files into the base game folder. This means that it overrides the vanilla game files and, in some cases, mod files. We cannot guarantee that these files will not impact upon Thrawn’s Revenge and recommend that players rename or move the \XML\AI and \Scripts folders in Forces of Corruption’s Data folder before playing Thrawn’s Revenge. Remember to rename or move back the folders before you next play Republic at War.
- How do I install Thrawn’s Revenge?
- Please see the installation instructions on on the downloads page.
- How do I advance tech level?
- The tech level system from vanilla EAW does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge, apart from in Skirmish. For more details on the system used in Thrawn’s Revenge please see the era system page.
- I get an exception error when I try to start Thrawn’s Revenge.
- Make sure that you have installed Thrawn’s Revenge in the right place and have the necessary patches. For more information on this see the downloads page. If this still does not solve your problem please post in the Tech Support area on our forums.
- Why can’t I build X?
- Not all units are available in all eras, GCs or in skirmish. For more information about which units are available please see the relevant Faction, GC and Skirmish pages.
- Why don’t my heroes respawn?
- Unlike in vanilla EAW heroes do not generally respawn in Thrawn’s Revenge – when they die, they’re dead. For more details on why we have taken this approach, and on some limited exceptions, please see the other changes page.
- Will you make a Clone Wars mod?
- Although we have previously released two version of our Fall of the Republic Minimod, the project to develop a complete version was discontinued several years ago. We have no plans to revive or start production on a Clone Wars era mod.