Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsFriday January 01, 2016
Happy new year everyone! 2015 was not a bad year for Thrawn's Revenge. It saw the first release of an Ascendancy alpha, our Sins project, with very encouraging reception. We also had a very strong showing in the Mod of the Year competition including an Honourable Mention for Ascendancy in the Upcoming category and a 7th place finish for Imperial Civil War, our Empire at War mod, in the Released category. Both of these were in the Player's Choice portion, so we want to give everyone who's supported us all year a huge thank you. We would not be where we are today without all of your support. With 2015 in the rear-view mirror and 2016 starting, I wanted to take a moment to talk about what you can expect in the coming year from us. Keep in mind, life always finds a way to get in the way so this information may not all be 100% correct by this time next year, but it's the plan for now and we'll do our best to meet or beat it all. First, we plan to have not one but three major releases this year. Two of these releases will be for Ascendancy, and one will be the long-awaited Imperial Civil War 2.2. The first of these releases, Ascendancy 1.0, is currently slated to come out between January 29th-February 12th, 2016. Don't ask about the other two, I have no idea.That date range for Ascendancy 1.0 is, again:January 29th-February 12th, 2016One of our failings in 2015 was that we were unable to keep people informed of what was going on as much as we would have liked, meaning a dearth of news posts and general media for most of the year. This year, I hope to correct that with fairly regular progress posts and full articles. Last year we also tried releasing the Dauntless for Ascendancy on its own to our forums for people to play with and test before the release of the mod, and this is something I would like to try to do more of in the dry spell between versions. I'm also going to be more active on my youtube channel, where I primarily post videos of me getting destroyed in early versions of Ascendancy and Imperial Civil War, along with some other games. One other thing to look forward to is the New Republic trailer Jin is working on for the release of Ascendancy 1.0. If you don't remember the Imperial Remnant trailer we made for 0.9, you can watch that too:Hopefully that gives you a good general idea of what 2016 will have in store. As ever, if you have ideas or feedback about what you would like to see in future versions, please let us know in the comments on Youtube, Mod Database, or join the community on our forums. You can also find an active player base there for discussions about If you would like to help us achieve our goals for 2016, we're always looking for new people to join the team. We currently have openings for voice actors, 3D modelers and texture artists. If you're interested in helping out in one of these capacities, contact me at ThrawnsRevenge@gmail.com.Follow Thrawn's RevengeForums - Facebook - Steam Group - Mod DB - Twitter ...Read more »Saturday December 05, 2015
We've all been using our faction avatars for a few months, and tonight I made some assets for the Ascendancy update that also serve as forum signatures for the four main playable factions. To use them, copy the image url, then go to edit profile and paste them in image tags in your signature. (image tags are [ img ][/ img] without the spaces) ...Read more »Monday November 30, 2015
We've posted Eriadu, so here's Maldood. Also, it's apparently MOTY now, so if you want to vote for us, you can click the big vote button on the main page. We appreciate any support!Vote here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revengeClick to embiggen. ...Read more »Sunday November 29, 2015
Just to show we've been working (although focus is on Ascendancy right now), here's an early shot of the Eriadu Authority's starting position in the new Endor Aftermath GC. Forces and heroes are obviously in progress, but you can see some new planets for the scenario here.Faction colour is subject to change (there's not too many left to choose from, and we want to avoid colour blindness problems) ...Read more »Saturday August 01, 2015
I've started posting my series of 2.2 testing playthroughs on my youtube channel, starting with the Empire of the Hand. I'll be doing playthroughs with most of the new content as we approach release, so if you want to see everything in action and hear me go on about random modding stuff, I'll be posting screenshots with links to the episodes every Wednesday and Saturday in the image gallery. Go subscribe and like and share and stuff. ...Read more »Monday July 20, 2015
We're currently starting to look for a few people to test ICW 2.2. Those chosen will be responsible for playing with all features in order to test functionality, balance and general playability. In order to signup for consideration, just post in this thread. If you're primarily active somewhere else (ModDB, etc) post what your username is on that site as well. Keep in mind that this is not just a way to get to play the mod early; the point is to test, so those who are active and have shown a desire to help in the past (suggestions, bug reports, etc) will be given more consideration than people who just post in the thread and disappear. Also, if testers do not actually test and post reports, they will be removed from the tester pool. ...Read more »Sunday June 21, 2015
...Read more »Sunday June 21, 2015
This took me way too long to finish. ...Read more »Monday June 08, 2015
...Ninth Anniversary...Although the mod is nowhere close to resembling what it was in the early days, today marks the 9th anniversary of the creation of Thrawn's Revenge. I originally set out with the sole purpose of adding Thrawn as a playable hero in Empire at War, before Forces of Corruption was even a thing, and the project quickly grew (and sometimes shrank) from there. We on the dev team for both mods would like to thank everyone for their continued support in these last nine years; without it, we'd be nowhere near what we are today.That being said, I'm sure you're more interested in what's going on with each mod than the fact that if the mod were a person in Canada or the United States (and elsewhere) it would be in the fourth grade, so we're going to do a joint update. If you're only interested in one, just read that part. We won't be offended....Imperial Civil War 2.2...We've made a few changes from the 2.2 announcement; instead of adding the Galactic Civil War scenario, we're focusing on cleaning up and expanding within the current timeline and constraints of the mod. The primary goal is to clean up and finalize the Empire of the Hand and Pentastar Alignment, the latter of which currently relies on outmoded ships and in some cases, leftover models and skins. The secondary goal now that the Defreezer utility exists is to represent the post-Endor galaxy and let the player work towards whatever outcome they want, with whatever group they want (within reason), so essentially if something is available on the map, eventually you'll be able to pick it. In 2.2 this means enabling the Duskhan League in whichever GCs they're already in, and enabling playing as the Warlords, which have been split into Harrsk, Teradoc and Zsinj's empires, who will have a mix of different Imperial units. Ideally this would also include the Hapans, but they'd need a bit more expansion first. Another goal is to try to mitigate the badness that is EaW's land battles. The first step in this is to remove some of the worse and more tedious ICW maps and re-enabling some of the vanilla maps so we can reduce the unit speed. Honestly, we have pretty much no hope for land ever being anywhere near salvageable but we'll see what we can do (and before anyone says anything, the presence of Clone War units wouldn't actually make ground battles good)....Ascendancy 1.0...The goal with Ascendancy 1.0 is much as it always was; we're gathering the feedback from 0.95 to finalize the New Republic and Imperial Remnant, while adding the Empire of the Hand and Pentastar Alignment We're also adding some neutral structures and objectives, including the gravity-manipulating Centerpoint Station. We intended to include several redone models and skins, especially for the Empire of the Hand, however since the focus is still primarily on setting up gameplay mechanic and faction identities, the existing Empire of the Hand ships will be the same versions as exist in Imperial Civil War 2.1. After the release of 1.0, we'll start to redo and update certain models, with the New Republic's Ferret Scout and Empire of the Hand's Ascendancy Star Destroyer at the top of the list.Tech trees are another primary focus in 1.0. In the existing versions, both factions have about 90 techs available to them, and in 1.0 the goal is to release with each faction hovering around 120, so even the existing factions will have several new dimensions to them upon release. On top of these new techs, each faction will be gaining some units; we've already announced the Imperial Remnant's acquisition of the Allegiance-class and Modular Taskforce Cruiser in exchange for some units being sent to the Pentastar Alignment, but the New Republic will also be gaining some new toys which we haven't mentioned yet, filling out it's currently-lacking Cruiser roster. These are the Sullustan Dauntless and Corellian Proficient.Let's Test!I've made a new channel on which we will be posting Let's Plays of the mods while they're in development, including both ICW and Ascendancy. This way, those who just want to see feature previews and trailers can see them on the Thrawn's Revenge channel, and those who want longer-form playthroughs can see them on the Corey Loses channel. The first series is a playthrough of Ascendancy 1.0 as the Remnant against all four 1.0 factions. I may eventually start playing other stuff, if people are interested in that.Thanks again for your support for the last nine years! ...Read more »
Frequently Asked Questions
Confused about how you're meant to be playing the game? Something happening which you don't understand? Below are common questions asked.
Click on a question to see our answer.
- Are you going to include X?
- If you have a suggestion for additional content for the mod please feel free to post and discuss the details on our forums. Before posting please make sure that your suggestion is relevant to the premise and timeframe of the mod and remember that there is no guarantee that suggestions will be acted upon.
- Can I play Thrawn’s Revenge in Multiplayer?
- Yes. Thrawn’s Revenge includes several Multiplayer GC and Skirmish maps. Remember to make sure both parties have Forces of Corruption updated the same, have exactly the same version of the mod, and don’t have any old files or other mods in the Data folder. Please be aware that Forces of Corruption may not be cross-compatible between Disk and Steam versions of the game.
- Can I use your content in my mod?
- You many not use any content from this mod without the permission of Corey or the original content creator. You can contact Corey at ThrawnsRevenge@gmail.com.
- Does Thrawn’s Revenge conflict with Republic at War?
- Republic at War installs its scripts and AI files into the base game folder. This means that it overrides the vanilla game files and, in some cases, mod files. We cannot guarantee that these files will not impact upon Thrawn’s Revenge and recommend that players rename or move the \XML\AI and \Scripts folders in Forces of Corruption’s Data folder before playing Thrawn’s Revenge. Remember to rename or move back the folders before you next play Republic at War.
- How do I install Thrawn’s Revenge?
- Please see the installation instructions on on the downloads page.
- How do I advance tech level?
- The tech level system from vanilla EAW does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge, apart from in Skirmish. For more details on the system used in Thrawn’s Revenge please see the era system page.
- I get an exception error when I try to start Thrawn’s Revenge.
- Make sure that you have installed Thrawn’s Revenge in the right place and have the necessary patches. For more information on this see the downloads page. If this still does not solve your problem please post in the Tech Support area on our forums.
- Why can’t I build X?
- Not all units are available in all eras, GCs or in skirmish. For more information about which units are available please see the relevant Faction, GC and Skirmish pages.
- Why don’t my heroes respawn?
- Unlike in vanilla EAW heroes do not generally respawn in Thrawn’s Revenge – when they die, they’re dead. For more details on why we have taken this approach, and on some limited exceptions, please see the other changes page.
- Will you make a Clone Wars mod?
- Although we have previously released two version of our Fall of the Republic Minimod, the project to develop a complete version was discontinued several years ago. We have no plans to revive or start production on a Clone Wars era mod.