Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsMonday July 18, 2016
A new way to time-travel. ...Read more »Sunday June 26, 2016
Alongside the Warlords themselves, 2.2 will have a bunch of other changes. One of these changes is something I'm working on (which will also be used by Bullet in AotR) is adding static defense turrets to base buildings. Here's the Imperial barracks with a standard AI turret built in.These will be present as targetable hardpoints on the buildings, similar to the Underworld palace. 2.2 in general will have a lot more hardpoint representation on ground. ...Read more »Tuesday June 07, 2016
The full text of this update can be found in News and Updates.http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=5884.0 ...Read more »Saturday May 28, 2016
I've made an essentially-open Discord Server for the TR community and for my video stuff at Corey Loses. Discord is a text/voice program typically used for gaming which can offer a new way for the team and fans to interact with each other. It has a desktop app, but is also available in browsers.To join the server, click here:https://discord.gg/0r6o1Twrk4BpOq2E ...Read more »Tuesday May 24, 2016
The month isn't over yet, but so far May 2016 has seen the most forum activity ( http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/ ) in a single month since July of 2014, so here's a screenshot of the Intego, one of the New Empire of the Hand capital ships, in ICW to celebrate. We want to thank everyone for their continuing support and enthusiasm as we approach our 10th anniversary in a few weeks, but more on that when it hits.For more information on the Intego and the other upcoming Hand changes, you cans see the dev diary about it here. It's specifically about Ascendancy, however the changes apply to ICW as well.Other than that, if you have any feedback, suggestions, ideas or just want to discuss strategies or counter the massively pro-Imperial bias of most of our current posters, you to join the discussion. Making an account only takes a moment, but if you don't want to do that, guests are able to post as well. The forums tend to be where we post the most "behind the scenes" development news and previews of content before it gets released or is ready for public consumption. ...Read more »Monday May 23, 2016
We've been asked a few times if we're doing anything for ground in 2.2, and this is a small part of the answer to that question.The All Terrain Tactical Enforcer is in many ways the precursor to the Imperial AT-AT. It served as a main battle tank for the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars, but ever since the declaration of the New Order it has been relegated to more and more remote areas of service. In Imperial Civil War 2.2, it servers as a primary vehicle for some more remote Imperial groups with restricted access to the AT-ATCompared to the AT-AT, it's actually not a direct downgrade. Although it doesn't have quite the same anti-vehicle power, its main turret still packs quite the punch. It also has 6 small anti-infantry turrets (all with independent targeting and movement) which cover areas the AT-AT is vulnerable in.There's still a little bit of work we need to do to finish the model, including fixing up some animations and adding a Stormtrooper to the turret's seat, but other than that it's ready to re-enter the fray, after 8 years sitting in my unused models folder. ...Read more »Friday April 22, 2016
Slevered has been working on animating the AT-TE model, which will be used alongside (or in place of, in some cases) the AT-AT for some Imperial factions in 2.2. ...Read more »Thursday April 14, 2016
We're coming up on the tenth anniversary of the start of Thrawn's Revenge. In 10 years, we've managed to raise our standards and consistently improve the quality of work we put out, however with such a small team and a long period of time, this leads to some inconsistency between older and newer materials. One of the biggest goals we have in Ascendancy 1.1 and Imperial Civil War 2.2 is to try to rework some of the older, worse materials in the mod, as you can see with this new Ton Falk Carrier model (formerly known as just the Escort Carrier).In order to more quickly/fully accomplish this goal, we are looking for people to help fill a few more positions within the team, including concept artists, modellers and texture artists. If you have some experience and are interested in any of these positions, you can find more details here:Recruitment BoardFor anyone not interested, just look at the picture. ...Read more »Wednesday April 13, 2016
For the past few versions, we've been using Bastion as the de facto capital of the Pentastar Alignment. This is not entirely accurate, so in 2.2, we've added the actual capital of the Alignment, Entralla. ...Read more »
Frequently Asked Questions
Confused about how you're meant to be playing the game? Something happening which you don't understand? Below are common questions asked.
Click on a question to see our answer.
- Are you going to include X?
- If you have a suggestion for additional content for the mod please feel free to post and discuss the details on our forums. Before posting please make sure that your suggestion is relevant to the premise and timeframe of the mod and remember that there is no guarantee that suggestions will be acted upon.
- Can I play Thrawn’s Revenge in Multiplayer?
- Yes. Thrawn’s Revenge includes several Multiplayer GC and Skirmish maps. Remember to make sure both parties have Forces of Corruption updated the same, have exactly the same version of the mod, and don’t have any old files or other mods in the Data folder. Please be aware that Forces of Corruption may not be cross-compatible between Disk and Steam versions of the game.
- Can I use your content in my mod?
- You many not use any content from this mod without the permission of Corey or the original content creator. You can contact Corey at ThrawnsRevenge@gmail.com.
- Does Thrawn’s Revenge conflict with Republic at War?
- Republic at War installs its scripts and AI files into the base game folder. This means that it overrides the vanilla game files and, in some cases, mod files. We cannot guarantee that these files will not impact upon Thrawn’s Revenge and recommend that players rename or move the \XML\AI and \Scripts folders in Forces of Corruption’s Data folder before playing Thrawn’s Revenge. Remember to rename or move back the folders before you next play Republic at War.
- How do I install Thrawn’s Revenge?
- Please see the installation instructions on on the downloads page.
- How do I advance tech level?
- The tech level system from vanilla EAW does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge, apart from in Skirmish. For more details on the system used in Thrawn’s Revenge please see the era system page.
- I get an exception error when I try to start Thrawn’s Revenge.
- Make sure that you have installed Thrawn’s Revenge in the right place and have the necessary patches. For more information on this see the downloads page. If this still does not solve your problem please post in the Tech Support area on our forums.
- Why can’t I build X?
- Not all units are available in all eras, GCs or in skirmish. For more information about which units are available please see the relevant Faction, GC and Skirmish pages.
- Why don’t my heroes respawn?
- Unlike in vanilla EAW heroes do not generally respawn in Thrawn’s Revenge – when they die, they’re dead. For more details on why we have taken this approach, and on some limited exceptions, please see the other changes page.
- Will you make a Clone Wars mod?
- Although we have previously released two version of our Fall of the Republic Minimod, the project to develop a complete version was discontinued several years ago. We have no plans to revive or start production on a Clone Wars era mod.