Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsSaturday July 22, 2017
A quick look at a very early version of our Galactic Conquest scenario editor, building the new Reunification for 2.2. ...Read more »Saturday July 15, 2017
We have finally entered the last stretch of the 1.1 development cycle for Ascendancy and begun the beta process! As we clean up the last bits of work, like finishing some icons and one or two art assets, we will be opening up the mod builds to everyone for testing purposes. Our primary goals with this are to find any major bugs which still remain, but just as importantly, to start getting more information on balance in the mod before the full release. We will be hosting several games ourselves, and encourage everyone else in the beta to do the same, and let us know what you find.In order to access the beta, you will need an account on the Thrawn's Revenge forums. This is the method by which we are organizing the beta itself the feedback threads and game schedules are all being run through there. There are full download instructions within the beta subforum, but I have also made a video on how to set up the Github repository, which will be at the end of this post.The first multiplayer game we're organizing is being livestreamed as a community match on Corey Loses at 1pm EST, Sunday July 16th, the page for which can be found here. As a community event for the channel, the game will first be open to patrons of Corey Loses, and then opened to anyone who wants to join. If you can't come this time, there will be plenty of matches coming up, both streamed and unstreamed. Ideally, the beta process will be going 2-3 weeks before the full release.This release does not, of course, mean the end of the mod- we've already started some plans (and actual work) for the next version. As we've said in the past, we plan to do some smaller updates between the larger content-oriented ones, like faction releases.Whether you decide to join the beta or wait for the final release, we hope you enjoy it. ...Read more »Thursday July 06, 2017
With the beta starting up this weekend, it's time for our final overview post for 1.1, this time talking about heroes. Heroes in Ascendancy are absed on the E4X hero system developed by GoaFan for the Star Wars: Interregnum (and E4X) mod- before the game, if you want heroes enabled, you enable them in the pregame options. You will then have access to a station which can call in heroes for you, after completing the required research. Typically, heroes can respawn after they die, however there will be at least one exception to this. There is also one hero per faction which is available only in the flagship victory mode.The heroes for each faction are as follows. For more information on their abilities, you the video at the end runs through all abilities for all heroes:New Republic:- Han Solo & Chewbacca (Millenium Falcon)- Talon Karrde (Wild Karrde)- Admiral Ackbar (Home One)- Leia Organa-Solo (Rebel Dream, ISD) [Flagship]Imperial Remnant:- Grand Admiral Gilad Pellaeon (Right to Rule, ISD) [Requires Pellaeon/Thrawn Regime]- Grand Admiral Thrawn (Chimaera, ISD) [Requires Pellaeon/Thrawn Regime]- Admiral Natasi Daala (Knight Hammer, Executor) [Requires Daala Regime]- Emperor Palpatine (Eclipse) [Requires Palpatine Regime]- Sate Pestage (Ciutric, ISD) [Flagship]Pentastar Alignment:- CEO Elta Besk (Dynamic, Munificent-class)- Governor Ib Dekeet (Velcar, Secutor-class)- Grand Moff Ardus Kaine (Reaper, Executor-class)- Grand Admiral Octavian Grant (Oriflamme, ISD) [Flagship]Empireof the Hand:- Admiral Ar'alani (Frontier, Syndic-class)- Commander Stent (Retribution, Peltast-class)- Admiral Siath (Battlehammer, Intego-class)- Admiral Voss Parck (Strikefast, Victory-class) [Flagship] ...Read more »Monday June 26, 2017
This patch solely fixes an issue where loading times for launching the mod were incredibly long. Other changes will be coming in future versions and patches, but we felt this was necessary to be addressed as soon as we could.To install, simply extract the file and place the new GameObjectFiles.xml in CW22Demo/Data/XML, overwriting the existing one.[Download - ModDB] ...Read more »Wednesday June 21, 2017
We typically don't post personal stuff of our team not related to the mod, however one of our 3D Artists had some serious medical issues recently. If you could take a moment to read, share, or if possible, support the gofundme, we would all appreciate it.https://www.gofundme.com/jakes-appendicitis-emergency-fund ...Read more »Sunday June 18, 2017
...Read more »Thursday June 15, 2017
A quick look at another ability coming in Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War and Fall of the Republic, Microjumps. ...Read more »Thursday June 08, 2017
I've begun my full Empire of the Hand playthrough on my channel, covering several of the new units, graphics and functions in 2.2. Episodes will be posted every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. ...Read more »Wednesday June 07, 2017
Continuing our faction video preview series for 1.1, Corey has just posted the Imperial Remnant's, covering their new tech and ship abilities. Next up will be the Hand, and finally, heroes. ...Read more »
Thrawn's Revenge is a full graphic and gameplay modification of the computer game, Star Wars: Empire at War. Set in the years following the Battle of Endor, and outside the original game's timeframe, Thrawn's Revenge is based around the conflict between the newly founded New Republic and the Imperial Remnant as they fight for control of the galaxy.
Each faction features a variety of new land and space units, as well as many new era-specific heroes created especially for the mod.
- New Republic - With the Emperor dead at Endor and the Imperial Fleet in disarray the Rebel Alliance, in accordance with its founding treaty, convened a Constitutional Convention to determine the form of a restored Galactic Republic. Featuring a range of new units from an array of different cultures each with their own benefits and weaknesses.
- Imperial Remnant - When Palpatine was killed at the Battle of Endor, and his second Death Star destroyed by the Rebel Alliance, it started a chain of events that led to the fragmentation of his Empire as numerous Imperials fought to take his place on the throne, or fled with their forces to carve out their own mini empires.
- Empire of the Hand - Secretly founded by Thrawn after he was exiled from the Chiss Ascendancy, the Empire of the Hand was established in order to explore and pacify the Unknown Regions and protect the galaxy from the many and varied threats residing there.
- Pentastar Alignment - When the Emperor’s death at the Battle of Endor caused the fragmentation of the Empire, Kaine, a native of Sartinaynian in the Braxant sector, transferred the Oversector capital and base of operations to the New Territories along with most of his forces.
- Minor Factions - Multiple minor non-playable factions have been included, each with their own unit set, to add new flavours and challenges to the game.
- Era system - The original tech-tree system from vanilla Empire at War, whereby the player researches or steals technology to gain access to new and better units, does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge. Instead the mod is structured around five discrete eras covering the years after Battle of Endor (4 ABY) up until shortly after the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty (19 ABY), with allowance for technology up to the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War (25 ABY).
- Updated combat system - Thrawn’s Revenge uses a representative system to assign appropriate weapons to different units and balance them according to, where possible, their canonical armament.
- New maps and scenarios - Thrawn’s Revenge includes thirteen original Galactic Conquest campaigns spanning the fifteen years between the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY and the Pellaeon-Gavrisom treaty in 19 ABY. With a mixture of single-era, multi-era, historical and “Infinities” campaigns, you can explore many of the conflicts that were recorded during those years.
- Many other changes - Multiple other tweaks, changes and additions have been made to the original Star WArs: Empire at War game.
Download the latest version of Thrawn's Revenge today.
Have a sample of the mod through videos and images.
Find out the very latest news, or ask a question, by visiting the forums.