Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsMonday December 30, 2013
This requires a fully patched installation of Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption.Uninstall all previous versions of Imperial Civil War before installing.For Those New to Imperial Civil WarNew Era-Based Tech SystemPlay as the New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Pentastar Alignment or Empire of the Hand with dozens of new units and heroesConquer Hostile Non-Playable Factions, Including the Hapans and Yevethans14 New Galactic Conquests Scenarios18 New Skirmish MapsOver 70 New Planetary Maps for GCOver 100 New Space Maps for GCRedone Particle Effects and GUISeveral All-New Gameplay MechanicsMajor Changes in 2.1Features a new Survival gameplay mode where you fight off waves of enemy ships.Imperial Civil War GC: Play as the Remnant or Pentastar Alignment in this era-progressive GC to control the known GalaxyNew Units and Structures: Bu'direch, Visvia, V-19 Torrent, LucrehulkRedone Units: Vigilance, MTC, Clawcraft, MassiasVarious Bug FixesFor full information on the content in Imperial Civil War, please read the manual:[Download Manual][Download from Mod Database - ZIP][Download from Mod Database - Installer]If you are having trouble running or installing the mod, please post in our tech support board. Make sure to check the manual as well as existing threads for the answer to your question before posting.The Future of Imperial Civil WarAs we've said in the past, 2.1 will be the final full version of Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War. That being said, we still intend to support and release some updates for the mod. This will include a few new units, as well as some visual reworks which will hopefully also help to improve performance. At the moment, this is scheduled to include units like the Consen Dropship for the Empire of the Hand, and redone versions of the Bothan Assault Cruiser, new Shipyard skins, and a few other things. Once we have more feedback on Survival mode, we'd also like to update the map for it and release a version of it for the Pentastar Alignment, as well as include a version of the Imperial Civil War GC scenario for the New Republic (we originally intended to with the initial 2.1 release, but the New Republic refuses to play nice with the story scripts). Our main focus going forward is going to be for our Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion mod, Star Wars: Ascendancy, which will be the source of our updated models. I know this will come as a disappointment to some people considering several of those people have sent me messages to insult me for it, but the addition of mountains of new units or factions at this point would hinder basic game functionality, and the mod is already pretty massive. With these updates, while we will be trying to flesh out some areas which may be lacking or add what makes sense, our main goals will be to polish what is there. We feel we've essentially accomplished the core of what we set out to do with ICW and are ready for some change.I would personally like to thank the amazing team I've been lucky enough to be a part of for the last 8 years for their hard work, as well as the outspoken and dedicated fanbase who has supported us throughout development. I'm looking forward to working with all of you to polish ICW and to launch Ascendancy!If you have a question about the mod, suggestions for future versions or would like more information on the mod, please follow us on our forums, Facebook page or Mod Database profile. ...Read more »Wednesday December 25, 2013
As we said in the previous news post, we're pretty close to being ready for release. I still need to talk to Smallpox one more time about finalizing any Survival Mode changes, and need to get back to my apartment in order to have a decent enough connection to upload, but we're pretty much ready. This is screenshot of the last unit to go ingame for 2.1, the redone Clawcraft. This is a more cleaned up version of the old one, which should hopefully help people who have experienced performance issues while playing the Empire of the Hand. ...Read more »Friday December 20, 2013
Hey everyone, I'm sure a lot of you are wondering when ICW2.1 is being released. The mod as a whole is ready. I've addressed the vast majority of the reported bugs (those that I was able to reproduce, or were fixable to begin with), so all we're doing right now is some final passes on everything to make sure it's all there. After that, I'll create the installer and we'll be able to upload. This will ideally be this week, however I'm going to be at my parents' house between the 21st and 27th so the internet connection will probably not be good enough to upload the mod. If that's the case, I'll upload it as soon as I get back to my apartment.We'd like to thank everyone who participated in the beta testing for 2.1, being, in no particular order: Singularity, SettraTheImperishable, Yutpaeksi, Rovert10, tlmiller, Senza, Revanchist, JC123, Lord Xizer, Traon. ...Read more »Wednesday December 11, 2013
We want to thank everyone for their amazing support in helping us get into the Top 100 for the Mod of the Year Awards at Mod Database this year, for both Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War, and Star Wars: Ascendancy! This marks the fourth consecutive year for ICW, and second for Ascendancy!If you want to keep supporting us in the second round of voting, just go to the pages for Ascendancy and Imperial Civil War and click vote. Remember, you can vote for as many mods as you want, and you don't need an account to do it. Again, we all really appreciate the support, and hope we can continue to make the mods even better in 2014. ...Read more »Thursday December 05, 2013
The new design for the EotH's Massias Interdictor. Design and model by Slevered, skin by Kalo.Once again, sorry for my lack of a non-Intel HD graphics card. ...Read more »Wednesday December 04, 2013
We're back to that time of year when we ask you to show your support for our mods by voting for them in the 2013 Mod Database Mod of the Year Awards. We've been fortunate enough to make the top 100 with Imperial Civil War in each of the last three years, while Star Wars: Ascendancy made the list for the first time last year too.Do your civic duty and vote! Just go to the pages linked above, and click on the large button that says "Vote for This Mod." Even get your friends and family pet to do it as well.As always you can follow us on Facebook, Youtube and Mod Database (Imperial Civil War and Star Wars: Ascendancy).And because we're nice, we've also got some pictures of the Bu'direch up ingame on the ICW page, so make sure to check those out while you're voting. ...Read more »Saturday July 27, 2013
As of today, we have upgraded our forum from the old outdated version of SMF we were using previously to the current version. As may be slightly obvious, the old theme was rendered obsolete with this update and so we will be stuck with the default SMF theme until a new one can be made up. Please PM either me or Slornie if you find any errors with the forum. Nothing should have been lost in the update, except for one post that was made just a couple of minutes ago....Read more »Tuesday July 09, 2013
Come watch Kalo skin the EotH Colonizer while listening to bad music and while I rig stuff for Ascendancy and complain about things.http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kalo-land ...Read more »Saturday June 22, 2013
Probably the last screenshot before we start the beta. ...Read more »
Thrawn's Revenge is a full graphic and gameplay modification of the computer game, Star Wars: Empire at War. Set in the years following the Battle of Endor, and outside the original game's timeframe, Thrawn's Revenge is based around the conflict between the newly founded New Republic and the Imperial Remnant as they fight for control of the galaxy.
Each faction features a variety of new land and space units, as well as many new era-specific heroes created especially for the mod.
- New Republic - With the Emperor dead at Endor and the Imperial Fleet in disarray the Rebel Alliance, in accordance with its founding treaty, convened a Constitutional Convention to determine the form of a restored Galactic Republic. Featuring a range of new units from an array of different cultures each with their own benefits and weaknesses.
- Imperial Remnant - When Palpatine was killed at the Battle of Endor, and his second Death Star destroyed by the Rebel Alliance, it started a chain of events that led to the fragmentation of his Empire as numerous Imperials fought to take his place on the throne, or fled with their forces to carve out their own mini empires.
- Empire of the Hand - Secretly founded by Thrawn after he was exiled from the Chiss Ascendancy, the Empire of the Hand was established in order to explore and pacify the Unknown Regions and protect the galaxy from the many and varied threats residing there.
- Pentastar Alignment - When the Emperor’s death at the Battle of Endor caused the fragmentation of the Empire, Kaine, a native of Sartinaynian in the Braxant sector, transferred the Oversector capital and base of operations to the New Territories along with most of his forces.
- Minor Factions - Multiple minor non-playable factions have been included, each with their own unit set, to add new flavours and challenges to the game.
- Era system - The original tech-tree system from vanilla Empire at War, whereby the player researches or steals technology to gain access to new and better units, does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge. Instead the mod is structured around five discrete eras covering the years after Battle of Endor (4 ABY) up until shortly after the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty (19 ABY), with allowance for technology up to the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War (25 ABY).
- Updated combat system - Thrawn’s Revenge uses a representative system to assign appropriate weapons to different units and balance them according to, where possible, their canonical armament.
- New maps and scenarios - Thrawn’s Revenge includes thirteen original Galactic Conquest campaigns spanning the fifteen years between the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY and the Pellaeon-Gavrisom treaty in 19 ABY. With a mixture of single-era, multi-era, historical and “Infinities” campaigns, you can explore many of the conflicts that were recorded during those years.
- Many other changes - Multiple other tweaks, changes and additions have been made to the original Star WArs: Empire at War game.
Download the latest version of Thrawn's Revenge today.
Have a sample of the mod through videos and images.
Find out the very latest news, or ask a question, by visiting the forums.