Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsSunday June 26, 2016
Alongside the Warlords themselves, 2.2 will have a bunch of other changes. One of these changes is something I'm working on (which will also be used by Bullet in AotR) is adding static defense turrets to base buildings. Here's the Imperial barracks with a standard AI turret built in.These will be present as targetable hardpoints on the buildings, similar to the Underworld palace. 2.2 in general will have a lot more hardpoint representation on ground. ...Read more »Tuesday June 07, 2016
The full text of this update can be found in News and Updates.http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=5884.0 ...Read more »Saturday May 28, 2016
I've made an essentially-open Discord Server for the TR community and for my video stuff at Corey Loses. Discord is a text/voice program typically used for gaming which can offer a new way for the team and fans to interact with each other. It has a desktop app, but is also available in browsers.To join the server, click here:https://discord.gg/0r6o1Twrk4BpOq2E ...Read more »Tuesday May 24, 2016
The month isn't over yet, but so far May 2016 has seen the most forum activity ( http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/ ) in a single month since July of 2014, so here's a screenshot of the Intego, one of the New Empire of the Hand capital ships, in ICW to celebrate. We want to thank everyone for their continuing support and enthusiasm as we approach our 10th anniversary in a few weeks, but more on that when it hits.For more information on the Intego and the other upcoming Hand changes, you cans see the dev diary about it here. It's specifically about Ascendancy, however the changes apply to ICW as well.Other than that, if you have any feedback, suggestions, ideas or just want to discuss strategies or counter the massively pro-Imperial bias of most of our current posters, you to join the discussion. Making an account only takes a moment, but if you don't want to do that, guests are able to post as well. The forums tend to be where we post the most "behind the scenes" development news and previews of content before it gets released or is ready for public consumption. ...Read more »Monday May 23, 2016
We've been asked a few times if we're doing anything for ground in 2.2, and this is a small part of the answer to that question.The All Terrain Tactical Enforcer is in many ways the precursor to the Imperial AT-AT. It served as a main battle tank for the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars, but ever since the declaration of the New Order it has been relegated to more and more remote areas of service. In Imperial Civil War 2.2, it servers as a primary vehicle for some more remote Imperial groups with restricted access to the AT-ATCompared to the AT-AT, it's actually not a direct downgrade. Although it doesn't have quite the same anti-vehicle power, its main turret still packs quite the punch. It also has 6 small anti-infantry turrets (all with independent targeting and movement) which cover areas the AT-AT is vulnerable in.There's still a little bit of work we need to do to finish the model, including fixing up some animations and adding a Stormtrooper to the turret's seat, but other than that it's ready to re-enter the fray, after 8 years sitting in my unused models folder. ...Read more »Friday April 22, 2016
Slevered has been working on animating the AT-TE model, which will be used alongside (or in place of, in some cases) the AT-AT for some Imperial factions in 2.2. ...Read more »Thursday April 14, 2016
We're coming up on the tenth anniversary of the start of Thrawn's Revenge. In 10 years, we've managed to raise our standards and consistently improve the quality of work we put out, however with such a small team and a long period of time, this leads to some inconsistency between older and newer materials. One of the biggest goals we have in Ascendancy 1.1 and Imperial Civil War 2.2 is to try to rework some of the older, worse materials in the mod, as you can see with this new Ton Falk Carrier model (formerly known as just the Escort Carrier).In order to more quickly/fully accomplish this goal, we are looking for people to help fill a few more positions within the team, including concept artists, modellers and texture artists. If you have some experience and are interested in any of these positions, you can find more details here:Recruitment BoardFor anyone not interested, just look at the picture. ...Read more »Wednesday April 13, 2016
For the past few versions, we've been using Bastion as the de facto capital of the Pentastar Alignment. This is not entirely accurate, so in 2.2, we've added the actual capital of the Alignment, Entralla. ...Read more »Sunday February 07, 2016
With Ascendancy 1.0 in beta and soon to be fully released pending the official Sins 1.83 update, the old behemoth that is Imperial Civil War has been de-mothballed and pulled back into active service alongside her little sister. In the 2.2 announcement update, we announced that we would be doing a GC based on the Galactic Civil War era, however ultimately the team has decided this will no longer be the case. Rather than using those resources to expand the timeline of the mod, we'll be continuing to fine-tune and polish the area between the Battle of Endor and the beginning of the Vong War. This will involve a lot of things, some under the hood and some more obvious, but the first thing we'll be talking about, and the biggest change, is the disintegration of the Warlords.Rather than being a single brown mass on the galactic map, the Warlords are being split into three fully-playable and distinct factions, representing (in our opinion) the biggest and most important of the Warlord groups; Warlord Zsinj's Empire, Treutan Teradoc's Greater Maldrood and Sander Delvardus' Eriadu Authority. As the faction which should be most familiar to our players and which requires the least 'new' units, Warlord Zsinj's Empire will be the first to be addressed.Zsinj's EmpireCapital: Serenno, DathomirOne of the first and ultimately most powerful groups to denounce the authority of the Imperial Ruling Council, Warlord Zsinj's Empire formed around Serenno and his flagship, the Executor-class Iron Fist, in 4ABY. Initially he was ignored by the New Republic and managed to coexist with all except the neighbouring Greater Maldrood. During this time, he subsumed the Corporate Sector Authority and parts of the Hydian Way, ultimately moving his capital to Rancor Base at Dathomir, whose Nightsister populace he began to exploit. The New Republic takeover of Coruscant bolstered his forces even more, as former Imperial loyalists flocked to his Empire. Ultimately a coalition of New Republic, Hapan and Imperial forces led by Han Solo, Prince Isolder and Teren Rogriss defeated Zsinj.Key among his forces are the Raptor Troopers, an elite corp of Stormtrooper-esque soldiers, as well as the TIE Raptor, a unique fighter type available only to Zsinj. Zsinj will also be taking some of the Pentastar roster based on the Corporate Sector Authority, including a few new units in 2.2, while the Alignment gets replacements from their units in Ascendancy.Space Unit RosterExecutorLucrehulk, ISDI, ISDII, Invincible, AllegianceNebulon-B, Nebulon-BII, Quasar, CR90, Carrack, Dreadnaught, Strike Cruiser, Gladiator, Neutron Star, Immobilizer-418, ProvidenceTIE Raptor, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, Authority IRD, Warpod PinnaceGround Unit RosterAT-AT, JuggernautAT-ST, Chariot LAV, AT-AA, IDT, SPMAT, TIE Mauler, TIE Crawler, 1H RepulsortankUnique Infantry: Raptor Troopers, NightsistersHeroesWarlord Zsinj - Iron FistTetran Cowall - False 181stTerrinald Screed - DemolisherApwar Trigit - Implacable GethzerionGeneral MelvarAs ever, if you have suggestions for this faction, feel free to post them in the comments on our forums or on ModDB. ...Read more »
Thrawn's Revenge is a full graphic and gameplay modification of the computer game, Star Wars: Empire at War. Set in the years following the Battle of Endor, and outside the original game's timeframe, Thrawn's Revenge is based around the conflict between the newly founded New Republic and the Imperial Remnant as they fight for control of the galaxy.
Each faction features a variety of new land and space units, as well as many new era-specific heroes created especially for the mod.
- New Republic - With the Emperor dead at Endor and the Imperial Fleet in disarray the Rebel Alliance, in accordance with its founding treaty, convened a Constitutional Convention to determine the form of a restored Galactic Republic. Featuring a range of new units from an array of different cultures each with their own benefits and weaknesses.
- Imperial Remnant - When Palpatine was killed at the Battle of Endor, and his second Death Star destroyed by the Rebel Alliance, it started a chain of events that led to the fragmentation of his Empire as numerous Imperials fought to take his place on the throne, or fled with their forces to carve out their own mini empires.
- Empire of the Hand - Secretly founded by Thrawn after he was exiled from the Chiss Ascendancy, the Empire of the Hand was established in order to explore and pacify the Unknown Regions and protect the galaxy from the many and varied threats residing there.
- Pentastar Alignment - When the Emperor’s death at the Battle of Endor caused the fragmentation of the Empire, Kaine, a native of Sartinaynian in the Braxant sector, transferred the Oversector capital and base of operations to the New Territories along with most of his forces.
- Minor Factions - Multiple minor non-playable factions have been included, each with their own unit set, to add new flavours and challenges to the game.
- Era system - The original tech-tree system from vanilla Empire at War, whereby the player researches or steals technology to gain access to new and better units, does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge. Instead the mod is structured around five discrete eras covering the years after Battle of Endor (4 ABY) up until shortly after the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty (19 ABY), with allowance for technology up to the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War (25 ABY).
- Updated combat system - Thrawn’s Revenge uses a representative system to assign appropriate weapons to different units and balance them according to, where possible, their canonical armament.
- New maps and scenarios - Thrawn’s Revenge includes thirteen original Galactic Conquest campaigns spanning the fifteen years between the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY and the Pellaeon-Gavrisom treaty in 19 ABY. With a mixture of single-era, multi-era, historical and “Infinities” campaigns, you can explore many of the conflicts that were recorded during those years.
- Many other changes - Multiple other tweaks, changes and additions have been made to the original Star WArs: Empire at War game.
Download the latest version of Thrawn's Revenge today.
Have a sample of the mod through videos and images.
Find out the very latest news, or ask a question, by visiting the forums.