Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsSunday July 24, 2016
Hey everyone, this isn’t quite mod news (there'll be a post for each of the three projects coming really soon, though, so hold tight). I just wanted to take a moment to explain a side project I've been working on, off-and-on for the last year, but which I intend to put a lot more effort towards going into August and beyond.Corey Loses is a youtube channel and stream I hope to use for a few different purposes. Primarily, I want to use the last 10 years of experience I've had modding to try to bring a hopefully-entertaining or at least moderately educational perspective on modding and game design processes, primarily while playing different mods and video games but hopefully also with tutorials and other behind-the-scene type things. Hopefully it'd be a way to introduce some people to new mods or games they may have missed, but it's also a way for me to play some games I was never able to, and also preview different builds of Thrawn's Revenge mods. It's also a way to organize multiplayer games for those mods with community streams (which I've been doing mostly-weekly for Ascendancy)I've got a fair bit of content already posted (mostly Ascendancy previews, at the moment) if you want to check it out, and hope to really step it up starting in August. If you want to give it a look and follow or subscribe, I'd really appreciate it. If there's anything you want to see me do, such as previews or taking a look at a specific mod or game, let me know here or leave a comment or message there. As with my work on TR, I try to be as involved with the community for this as I can. As we go, I’ll hopefully learn better video editing and also address some of my system performance issues which can cause some frame stuttering in more resource intensive games.If you would like to content I make in other ways, you can also consider turning off adblock if you watch the videos, or if you want to support it directly, the Hitbox page has a monthly subscription option. I also have a Patreon page set up, if you feel so inclined. If you can’t or don’t want to do any of those things, I totally understand and hope you enjoy the content. I’m doing this because I love making these kinds of content, not for the money (as the 10 years of modding will attest), but school and living are expensive, so the more this is able to sustain itself, the more time I’ll be able to devote to making all kinds of content and hopefully, the better the quality will be.Youtube: www.youtube.com/c/CoreyLosesHitbox: www.hitbox.com/CoreyLosesPatron: www.patreon.com/CoreyLoses ...Read more »Monday July 18, 2016
A new way to time-travel. ...Read more »Sunday June 26, 2016
Alongside the Warlords themselves, 2.2 will have a bunch of other changes. One of these changes is something I'm working on (which will also be used by Bullet in AotR) is adding static defense turrets to base buildings. Here's the Imperial barracks with a standard AI turret built in.These will be present as targetable hardpoints on the buildings, similar to the Underworld palace. 2.2 in general will have a lot more hardpoint representation on ground. ...Read more »Tuesday June 07, 2016
The full text of this update can be found in News and Updates.http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=5884.0 ...Read more »Saturday May 28, 2016
I've made an essentially-open Discord Server for the TR community and for my video stuff at Corey Loses. Discord is a text/voice program typically used for gaming which can offer a new way for the team and fans to interact with each other. It has a desktop app, but is also available in browsers.To join the server, click here:https://discord.gg/0r6o1Twrk4BpOq2E ...Read more »Tuesday May 24, 2016
The month isn't over yet, but so far May 2016 has seen the most forum activity ( http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/ ) in a single month since July of 2014, so here's a screenshot of the Intego, one of the New Empire of the Hand capital ships, in ICW to celebrate. We want to thank everyone for their continuing support and enthusiasm as we approach our 10th anniversary in a few weeks, but more on that when it hits.For more information on the Intego and the other upcoming Hand changes, you cans see the dev diary about it here. It's specifically about Ascendancy, however the changes apply to ICW as well.Other than that, if you have any feedback, suggestions, ideas or just want to discuss strategies or counter the massively pro-Imperial bias of most of our current posters, you to join the discussion. Making an account only takes a moment, but if you don't want to do that, guests are able to post as well. The forums tend to be where we post the most "behind the scenes" development news and previews of content before it gets released or is ready for public consumption. ...Read more »Monday May 23, 2016
We've been asked a few times if we're doing anything for ground in 2.2, and this is a small part of the answer to that question.The All Terrain Tactical Enforcer is in many ways the precursor to the Imperial AT-AT. It served as a main battle tank for the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars, but ever since the declaration of the New Order it has been relegated to more and more remote areas of service. In Imperial Civil War 2.2, it servers as a primary vehicle for some more remote Imperial groups with restricted access to the AT-ATCompared to the AT-AT, it's actually not a direct downgrade. Although it doesn't have quite the same anti-vehicle power, its main turret still packs quite the punch. It also has 6 small anti-infantry turrets (all with independent targeting and movement) which cover areas the AT-AT is vulnerable in.There's still a little bit of work we need to do to finish the model, including fixing up some animations and adding a Stormtrooper to the turret's seat, but other than that it's ready to re-enter the fray, after 8 years sitting in my unused models folder. ...Read more »Friday April 22, 2016
Slevered has been working on animating the AT-TE model, which will be used alongside (or in place of, in some cases) the AT-AT for some Imperial factions in 2.2. ...Read more »Thursday April 14, 2016
We're coming up on the tenth anniversary of the start of Thrawn's Revenge. In 10 years, we've managed to raise our standards and consistently improve the quality of work we put out, however with such a small team and a long period of time, this leads to some inconsistency between older and newer materials. One of the biggest goals we have in Ascendancy 1.1 and Imperial Civil War 2.2 is to try to rework some of the older, worse materials in the mod, as you can see with this new Ton Falk Carrier model (formerly known as just the Escort Carrier).In order to more quickly/fully accomplish this goal, we are looking for people to help fill a few more positions within the team, including concept artists, modellers and texture artists. If you have some experience and are interested in any of these positions, you can find more details here:Recruitment BoardFor anyone not interested, just look at the picture. ...Read more »
Thrawn's Revenge is a full graphic and gameplay modification of the computer game, Star Wars: Empire at War. Set in the years following the Battle of Endor, and outside the original game's timeframe, Thrawn's Revenge is based around the conflict between the newly founded New Republic and the Imperial Remnant as they fight for control of the galaxy.
Each faction features a variety of new land and space units, as well as many new era-specific heroes created especially for the mod.
- New Republic - With the Emperor dead at Endor and the Imperial Fleet in disarray the Rebel Alliance, in accordance with its founding treaty, convened a Constitutional Convention to determine the form of a restored Galactic Republic. Featuring a range of new units from an array of different cultures each with their own benefits and weaknesses.
- Imperial Remnant - When Palpatine was killed at the Battle of Endor, and his second Death Star destroyed by the Rebel Alliance, it started a chain of events that led to the fragmentation of his Empire as numerous Imperials fought to take his place on the throne, or fled with their forces to carve out their own mini empires.
- Empire of the Hand - Secretly founded by Thrawn after he was exiled from the Chiss Ascendancy, the Empire of the Hand was established in order to explore and pacify the Unknown Regions and protect the galaxy from the many and varied threats residing there.
- Pentastar Alignment - When the Emperor’s death at the Battle of Endor caused the fragmentation of the Empire, Kaine, a native of Sartinaynian in the Braxant sector, transferred the Oversector capital and base of operations to the New Territories along with most of his forces.
- Minor Factions - Multiple minor non-playable factions have been included, each with their own unit set, to add new flavours and challenges to the game.
- Era system - The original tech-tree system from vanilla Empire at War, whereby the player researches or steals technology to gain access to new and better units, does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge. Instead the mod is structured around five discrete eras covering the years after Battle of Endor (4 ABY) up until shortly after the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty (19 ABY), with allowance for technology up to the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War (25 ABY).
- Updated combat system - Thrawn’s Revenge uses a representative system to assign appropriate weapons to different units and balance them according to, where possible, their canonical armament.
- New maps and scenarios - Thrawn’s Revenge includes thirteen original Galactic Conquest campaigns spanning the fifteen years between the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY and the Pellaeon-Gavrisom treaty in 19 ABY. With a mixture of single-era, multi-era, historical and “Infinities” campaigns, you can explore many of the conflicts that were recorded during those years.
- Many other changes - Multiple other tweaks, changes and additions have been made to the original Star WArs: Empire at War game.
Download the latest version of Thrawn's Revenge today.
Have a sample of the mod through videos and images.
Find out the very latest news, or ask a question, by visiting the forums.