Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!
NewsSunday November 29, 2015
Just to show we've been working (although focus is on Ascendancy right now), here's an early shot of the Eriadu Authority's starting position in the new Endor Aftermath GC. Forces and heroes are obviously in progress, but you can see some new planets for the scenario here.Faction colour is subject to change (there's not too many left to choose from, and we want to avoid colour blindness problems) ...Read more »Saturday August 01, 2015
I've started posting my series of 2.2 testing playthroughs on my youtube channel, starting with the Empire of the Hand. I'll be doing playthroughs with most of the new content as we approach release, so if you want to see everything in action and hear me go on about random modding stuff, I'll be posting screenshots with links to the episodes every Wednesday and Saturday in the image gallery. Go subscribe and like and share and stuff. ...Read more »Monday July 20, 2015
We're currently starting to look for a few people to test ICW 2.2. Those chosen will be responsible for playing with all features in order to test functionality, balance and general playability. In order to signup for consideration, just post in this thread. If you're primarily active somewhere else (ModDB, etc) post what your username is on that site as well. Keep in mind that this is not just a way to get to play the mod early; the point is to test, so those who are active and have shown a desire to help in the past (suggestions, bug reports, etc) will be given more consideration than people who just post in the thread and disappear. Also, if testers do not actually test and post reports, they will be removed from the tester pool. ...Read more »Sunday June 21, 2015
...Read more »Sunday June 21, 2015
This took me way too long to finish. ...Read more »Monday June 08, 2015
...Ninth Anniversary...Although the mod is nowhere close to resembling what it was in the early days, today marks the 9th anniversary of the creation of Thrawn's Revenge. I originally set out with the sole purpose of adding Thrawn as a playable hero in Empire at War, before Forces of Corruption was even a thing, and the project quickly grew (and sometimes shrank) from there. We on the dev team for both mods would like to thank everyone for their continued support in these last nine years; without it, we'd be nowhere near what we are today.That being said, I'm sure you're more interested in what's going on with each mod than the fact that if the mod were a person in Canada or the United States (and elsewhere) it would be in the fourth grade, so we're going to do a joint update. If you're only interested in one, just read that part. We won't be offended....Imperial Civil War 2.2...We've made a few changes from the 2.2 announcement; instead of adding the Galactic Civil War scenario, we're focusing on cleaning up and expanding within the current timeline and constraints of the mod. The primary goal is to clean up and finalize the Empire of the Hand and Pentastar Alignment, the latter of which currently relies on outmoded ships and in some cases, leftover models and skins. The secondary goal now that the Defreezer utility exists is to represent the post-Endor galaxy and let the player work towards whatever outcome they want, with whatever group they want (within reason), so essentially if something is available on the map, eventually you'll be able to pick it. In 2.2 this means enabling the Duskhan League in whichever GCs they're already in, and enabling playing as the Warlords, which have been split into Harrsk, Teradoc and Zsinj's empires, who will have a mix of different Imperial units. Ideally this would also include the Hapans, but they'd need a bit more expansion first. Another goal is to try to mitigate the badness that is EaW's land battles. The first step in this is to remove some of the worse and more tedious ICW maps and re-enabling some of the vanilla maps so we can reduce the unit speed. Honestly, we have pretty much no hope for land ever being anywhere near salvageable but we'll see what we can do (and before anyone says anything, the presence of Clone War units wouldn't actually make ground battles good)....Ascendancy 1.0...The goal with Ascendancy 1.0 is much as it always was; we're gathering the feedback from 0.95 to finalize the New Republic and Imperial Remnant, while adding the Empire of the Hand and Pentastar Alignment We're also adding some neutral structures and objectives, including the gravity-manipulating Centerpoint Station. We intended to include several redone models and skins, especially for the Empire of the Hand, however since the focus is still primarily on setting up gameplay mechanic and faction identities, the existing Empire of the Hand ships will be the same versions as exist in Imperial Civil War 2.1. After the release of 1.0, we'll start to redo and update certain models, with the New Republic's Ferret Scout and Empire of the Hand's Ascendancy Star Destroyer at the top of the list.Tech trees are another primary focus in 1.0. In the existing versions, both factions have about 90 techs available to them, and in 1.0 the goal is to release with each faction hovering around 120, so even the existing factions will have several new dimensions to them upon release. On top of these new techs, each faction will be gaining some units; we've already announced the Imperial Remnant's acquisition of the Allegiance-class and Modular Taskforce Cruiser in exchange for some units being sent to the Pentastar Alignment, but the New Republic will also be gaining some new toys which we haven't mentioned yet, filling out it's currently-lacking Cruiser roster. These are the Sullustan Dauntless and Corellian Proficient.Let's Test!I've made a new channel on which we will be posting Let's Plays of the mods while they're in development, including both ICW and Ascendancy. This way, those who just want to see feature previews and trailers can see them on the Thrawn's Revenge channel, and those who want longer-form playthroughs can see them on the Corey Loses channel. The first series is a playthrough of Ascendancy 1.0 as the Remnant against all four 1.0 factions. I may eventually start playing other stuff, if people are interested in that.Thanks again for your support for the last nine years! ...Read more »Sunday June 07, 2015
New LP channel:Click Here ...Read more »Monday June 01, 2015
Most of what we're doing is currently not very visual, hence the lack of screenshots, but we've got some stuff going on in the background.We (by we I mean Pox) have been working on a script to randomize the levels ships jump in on, so each instance of a ship class isn't always on the same level. This has been done previously in other mods with some story scripting that cycles between unit variants, but those tend to limit the possibilities, wouldn't work super well with era changes, and also tends to make selection a hassle. This alleviates those problems. It may have unintended side effects if larger ships end up in the middle, but we've chucked all Supers under everything else so that shouldn't be an issue, and that's what testing is for. ...Read more »Friday March 27, 2015
Click for originalOne of the new Pentastar capital ships in 2.2, the Secutor Star Destroyer.Screenshot quality kind of sucks, still trying to set up my computer properly, so jpgs for now. ...Read more »
Thrawn's Revenge is a full graphic and gameplay modification of the computer game, Star Wars: Empire at War. Set in the years following the Battle of Endor, and outside the original game's timeframe, Thrawn's Revenge is based around the conflict between the newly founded New Republic and the Imperial Remnant as they fight for control of the galaxy.
Each faction features a variety of new land and space units, as well as many new era-specific heroes created especially for the mod.
- New Republic - With the Emperor dead at Endor and the Imperial Fleet in disarray the Rebel Alliance, in accordance with its founding treaty, convened a Constitutional Convention to determine the form of a restored Galactic Republic. Featuring a range of new units from an array of different cultures each with their own benefits and weaknesses.
- Imperial Remnant - When Palpatine was killed at the Battle of Endor, and his second Death Star destroyed by the Rebel Alliance, it started a chain of events that led to the fragmentation of his Empire as numerous Imperials fought to take his place on the throne, or fled with their forces to carve out their own mini empires.
- Empire of the Hand - Secretly founded by Thrawn after he was exiled from the Chiss Ascendancy, the Empire of the Hand was established in order to explore and pacify the Unknown Regions and protect the galaxy from the many and varied threats residing there.
- Pentastar Alignment - When the Emperor’s death at the Battle of Endor caused the fragmentation of the Empire, Kaine, a native of Sartinaynian in the Braxant sector, transferred the Oversector capital and base of operations to the New Territories along with most of his forces.
- Minor Factions - Multiple minor non-playable factions have been included, each with their own unit set, to add new flavours and challenges to the game.
- Era system - The original tech-tree system from vanilla Empire at War, whereby the player researches or steals technology to gain access to new and better units, does not exist in Thrawn’s Revenge. Instead the mod is structured around five discrete eras covering the years after Battle of Endor (4 ABY) up until shortly after the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty (19 ABY), with allowance for technology up to the start of the Yuuzhan Vong War (25 ABY).
- Updated combat system - Thrawn’s Revenge uses a representative system to assign appropriate weapons to different units and balance them according to, where possible, their canonical armament.
- New maps and scenarios - Thrawn’s Revenge includes thirteen original Galactic Conquest campaigns spanning the fifteen years between the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY and the Pellaeon-Gavrisom treaty in 19 ABY. With a mixture of single-era, multi-era, historical and “Infinities” campaigns, you can explore many of the conflicts that were recorded during those years.
- Many other changes - Multiple other tweaks, changes and additions have been made to the original Star WArs: Empire at War game.
Download the latest version of Thrawn's Revenge today.
Have a sample of the mod through videos and images.
Find out the very latest news, or ask a question, by visiting the forums.