Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Pentastar Alignment Megathread  (Read 66861 times)

April 18, 2015, 02:26:12 AMReply #140

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: Pentastar Alignment Megathread
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2015, 02:26:12 AM »
Hailfire, not hellfire.  Why do you not use the single most important unit for the PA, the A9 Floating fortress (ping ability)?

To me the Hailfire is the most important. It literally counters everything except air units. I tend to carry a single A9 for ping, but usually my horde of 30 hailfire tanks are impossible to stop.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

April 18, 2015, 10:29:52 AMReply #141

Offline GeneralMacek

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »
Hailfire, not hellfire.  Why do you not use the single most important unit for the PA, the A9 Floating fortress (ping ability)?

I call those droids "Hellfire", because in great numbers, they create hell in enemy forces.

I forgot to mention I use A9 as well, but only for finding a power generator for my bombers.

April 18, 2015, 02:39:54 PMReply #142

• Vice Admiral
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2015, 02:39:54 PM »
I call those droids "Hellfire", because in great numbers, they create hell in enemy forces.

I forgot to mention I use A9 as well, but only for finding a power generator for my bombers.

To each his own, I guess.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

April 18, 2015, 03:32:21 PMReply #143

Offline GeneralMacek

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2015, 03:32:21 PM »
Also, PA could get new heroes, IMHO. Here are my suggestions:

*Jerec's Dark Jedi Party - Jun, Sarris, Bocas'eca, Maw etc.
*Admiral Togriss - the one who joined forces with Han Solo in Hunt for Zsinj
*Captains Brandei/Dorja - after the death of Thrawn above Bilbringi

What do you think?

April 18, 2015, 04:12:57 PMReply #144

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2015, 04:12:57 PM »

What do you think?

Jerec's jedi make sense.
Rogriss wouldn't make much sense, since after he was stripped of command he retired from all naval life and took a position on some planet doing something for planetary defense.
Brandei &/or Dorja, while neither had any canon ties to the PA, IMO Brandei would make more sense.  Not so much Dorja IMO.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

April 18, 2015, 08:33:08 PMReply #145

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2015, 08:33:08 PM »
Well, Rogriss wasn't stripped of command so much as he defected, but he still wouldn't make sense for the PA as he was a loyal Imperialist until then.  Still wouldn't mind seeing more of him though - always liked him.

April 19, 2015, 05:08:15 AMReply #146

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2015, 05:08:15 AM »

What do you think?

Well we already have generic Dark Jedi Jerec can recruit so adding in a few of his servant dark jedi as heroes doesn't really add anything new.Plus most would have to have new renders and skins(maw,gorc,pic,boc)
Rogriss was never with the PA as he was mainstream like Pellaeon, same with Brandei and Dorja.

What might work better is Heroes that were founders of the PA and that allow ccertain units to be recruited or buffed. Wyn Otro could be for heavy units or some CWs varients with buffs as he ran Galentro Heavy works, Elta Besk could likewise give production or buffs to droid units like hailfire and Providence carriers. These were principalmembers who ccontributed directlyto the PA. 
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

April 24, 2015, 07:32:21 PMReply #147

Offline AntonioBarbarian

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2015, 07:32:21 PM »
Maybe have it so PA (and maybe expand to other Imperial factions?) can recruit some units of the factions if it holds their territories. Like Clawcrafts if holds EotH area, or Late Imperial Stuff if it holds core worlds?

April 24, 2015, 08:02:56 PMReply #148

• Vice Admiral
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2015, 08:02:56 PM »
Maybe have it so PA (and maybe expand to other Imperial factions?) can recruit some units of the factions if it holds their territories. Like Clawcrafts if holds EotH area, or Late Imperial Stuff if it holds core worlds?

There's something similar to this with the balance and flavor submod. Depending on what worlds the PA has, they can build certain ships i.e PA holds Bilbringi, they can build ImpStar IIs and if they hold like Dathomir for example the PA has the ability to build Providence Carriers and Nebulon-B Frigates with TIE Raptors.

April 26, 2015, 05:36:55 PMReply #149

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »
It really adds to the enjoyment
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 11, 2015, 06:09:29 AMReply #150

Offline Revan0123

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • 50% Pentastar. 50% Alignment. 100% Badass!
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2015, 06:09:29 AM »
Oh yes I forgot about the Dark Jedi: the most useless unit in the game (tied with the Jedi). However, they are really good healer units, so there's that.
Unless you get a ton of them and auto-resolve a ground battle, in which case, they rock...but, hey, where's the fun in that?  :P

May 25, 2015, 03:59:31 AMReply #151

Offline Volsky

• Stormtrooper
  • AT-ST fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2015, 03:59:31 AM »
2x Praetor, an ISD-II, three Venators, a 418, and a trio of IPVs usually round it out for me.

For 'smaller' fleets I usually just tape 40 pop of IPVs together and fling them at the nearest threatening object--it's hilarious to watch ISDs die in a hail of TIE SFX-based laser fire.
Yes, Mr. Kenobi, there are alternatives to fighting. Running, screaming, crying, begging, surrendering, and flat out death.

July 16, 2015, 11:30:54 AMReply #152

Offline Katarnstar

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »
My PA fleet consists of: 2x Praetors as the main punch, 3x Venators as fighter support, 6x IPVs for fight defence, 1x 418 Cruiser and 2x Enforcers to protect Venators and 418 Cruiser from anything that gets past the Praetors and IPVs.

February 04, 2016, 05:03:04 PMReply #153

Offline 00games

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2016, 05:03:04 PM »
Oh yes I forgot about the Dark Jedi: the most useless unit in the game (tied with the Jedi). However, they are really good healer units, so there's that.
Dark jedi are shit on battles but gods on auto resolve
Sorry for bad english i am brazilian

December 12, 2016, 02:12:50 AMReply #154

Alackofcaring

« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2016, 02:12:50 AM »
I'd suggest adding an even more out-dated feel to them. Perhaps battle droids could be built on certain planets, while capturing Mon calamari could allow the  production providence class ships from the quarren. As well replacing the tie compliments of each ship with an eclectic mix of droid fighters, skiprays, v-wings, and the existing v19 torrents would be cool.
Finally the alignment could be restricted from advanced imperial craft, like the ISD II, (but the tector could be used) and VSD mark IIs.

This doesn't belong here, but another suggestion is to make planets solely owned by a corporation able to make that unit for every faction. It make sense for a corporation to flip sides when there is a battle fleet and army threatening its assets. Kuat: the SD line, Rothana with it's walkers, Kamino with small numbers of clones.

December 12, 2016, 02:42:58 AMReply #155

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2016, 02:42:58 AM »
I'd suggest adding an even more out-dated feel to them. Perhaps battle droids could be built on certain planets, while capturing Mon calamari could allow the  production providence class ships from the quarren. As well replacing the tie compliments of each ship with an eclectic mix of droid fighters, skiprays, v-wings, and the existing v19 torrents would be cool.
Finally the alignment could be restricted from advanced imperial craft, like the ISD II, (but the tector could be used) and VSD mark IIs.

Keep in mind that while the Outer Rim in general did have a lot of older tech, the core of the Pentastar Alignment is the Braxant Sector and Velcar Free Commerce Zone, which were pretty rich, and the Alignment had the same access to most Imperial tech that any other group seemed to.

This doesn't belong here, but another suggestion is to make planets solely owned by a corporation able to make that unit for every faction. It make sense for a corporation to flip sides when there is a battle fleet and army threatening its assets. Kuat: the SD line, Rothana with it's walkers, Kamino with small numbers of clones.

This has come up a few times actually. Basically, the reason we don't do this is because we've seen several times in canon what happens when another faction does take over those planets, and it never results in those planets producing the same ships as they sued to for the new people controlling them. The New Republic took over Kuat and Fondor pretty early, and never produced ISDs or AT-ATs from KDY, nor showed any inclination to want to produce them. The senior design team also left Kuat for Byss when it happened, and when KDY produced ships for the NR, it was usually creating REC ships or with things like the Corona. The new owners almost always used the facilities to continue fabrication of the designs already existing within their military, or contracted them to create new designs. Even unique ship types like the Mon Cal Cruisers were made or fitted at other NR-controlled worlds to some extent, hence Thrawn being able to steal some from Sluis Van. The Imperials controlled Mon Calamari for years, and never produced militarized Mon Calamari Cruisers (especially considering the Mon Calamari only worked for them under extreme duress). Rendili was specifically given credit for the Republic-class Star Destroyer as a means to poilitically ingratiate them to the New Republic as opposed to continuing to make VSDs for the NR.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

December 17, 2016, 01:11:49 AMReply #156

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2016, 01:11:49 AM »
Huh interesting.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

January 09, 2017, 10:58:54 AMReply #157

Offline SentrY

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2017, 10:58:54 AM »
The PA is a fun faction to play. I think that if you play it right you can steamroll anyone with the praetors and endless venture fighter spam. the ground forces are great and i found that i could take out Duro with just 4 hail fire droids. However, whenever I play the PA in Art of War or Aftermath they don't seem to do much. they just hold their borders or crumble to the sorrounding factions. One time when i was EoTH on Era 1 the NR managed to completely steamroll them on ERA 1, when i managed to get back in that territory by Era 5 i saw that they still had both heroes and a mega fleet at Dubrillion. So i think that their AI needs to be tweaked

January 09, 2017, 12:30:31 PMReply #158

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2017, 12:30:31 PM »
In 2.1 some factions don't have active AI on the galactic plane in the larger GCs.  This was done to reduce the volume of non-player activity in an attempt to avoid (or at least delay) a core-game bug ("the freeze") which occurs once a certain number of units/props/projectiles has been reached.

EDIT: Just saw you posted separately on this and Corey already gave a more detailed answer.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:32:16 PM by Slornie »
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 10, 2017, 07:21:06 PMReply #159

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2017, 07:21:06 PM »
i just hope that doesn't happen with 2.2

how much new PA stuff is done?
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!