Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Imperial Civil War Wiki Thread  (Read 34255 times)

January 09, 2017, 08:57:12 PM

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Imperial Civil War Wiki Thread
« on: January 09, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »
Since I figured making this thread would motivate me and possibly get more help I need for the ICW wiki.

Use the A-Wing as a model for how all unit pages should look (minus videos) and Ackbar for heroes.

Current Focus: New Republic

Current To-Do List:
    Era 1 Ships
    Heroes
    T-B Series of Tanks
    Rebel Starfighters
    Make sure that there's a standard format for everything and uses images from the Thrawn's Revenge Website.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:16:36 PM by GreyStar »

January 09, 2017, 09:56:29 PMReply #1

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Civil War Wiki Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 09:56:29 PM »
question: can you make it so the wiki says the exact number of hardpoints each unit has, and their stats, because i saw that for ISD 1 i believe, and it was really helpful. if you can, great. i would help, but School and Scouts kicked up again, so i don't have much free time
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 09, 2017, 10:10:03 PMReply #2

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:10:03 PM »
Pretty certain that the standard info text on ships "health autoresolve health" what not includes that.

January 09, 2017, 11:00:41 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 11:00:41 PM »
question: can you make it so the wiki says the exact number of hardpoints each unit has, and their stats, because i saw that for ISD 1 i believe, and it was really helpful. if you can, great. i would help, but School and Scouts kicked up again, so i don't have much free time
Check the Manuel, it should be there, if not I need to go through it again lol
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

January 23, 2017, 04:47:52 PMReply #4

• Admiral
    • View Profile
wiki for ICW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 04:47:52 PM »
alright, since i couldn't find the thread in the boards, I'll reiterate here.

the wiki needs a LOT of work. most importantly, the New Republic and Warlords. there are many things in the wiki, mostly units, that are Red links or should be links but are not there. i can only do a little here and there, but since i'm not on the team and have never actually played the game, there is only so much i can do. i need your help to bring the wiki back up to speed. if we get the wiki up to 2.15 standard by the time 2.2 comes out, it will be very easy to fix the wiki for 2.2.

again, i need help. i know Greystar was working some, but we need more help than that.

as always, i want to hear your thoughts, and i would really love your help and support on this
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

January 23, 2017, 05:11:39 PMReply #5

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Re: wiki for ICW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 05:11:39 PM »
we actually want to finish art assets first(including voicelines too I think), then coding(kinda in sync at the moment with art assets), then ingame texts, then the manual and only after that the outside sources.
Don't worry, it will be done. It is just absolutely not a priority at the moment.

And 2.15 and 2.2 will be less alike than 1.3 and 2.0 were. and that was a HUGE jump.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

January 23, 2017, 09:30:50 PMReply #6

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 09:30:50 PM »
I've been busy at home with other games and friends, and busy trying to use my free time at school to complete a lot of personal projects I haven't taken the time for. In addition I have a lot of games at home making me less wanting to play ICW to try and make progress on this games. Lastly with 2.2 coming out in Febuary (I know it could be pushed back) I'm not even feeling like completeting my barely begun Final Imperial Push CG.

Also.

http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=6281.msg60225#msg60225

January 23, 2017, 09:33:16 PMReply #7

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 09:33:16 PM »
It wouldn't be possible to get this moved to Feature Discussions and feedback (or strategy if you feel that's more apporiate) for ICW and maybe stickied, would it?

January 23, 2017, 10:07:35 PMReply #8

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 10:07:35 PM »
with the units, we can still get those in there, which will help. also, stuff like the Imperial Remnant, Pentastar Alignment, New Republic, and Empire of The Hand won't be changing all that much. the basis for New Republic and Pentastar Alignment can start being fixed right now in fact. still, must of the units still need articles in there, and it would be helpful if the current GCs were done as well. I'm NOT asking the team to do this, this is an undertaking the COMMUNITY should be doing to HELP and SUPPORT the team.

also, Greystar: Demo is coming out in February, but who knows when this year 2.2 is actually done, not just when the demo or beta(if the team does one) done. also, since i assumed Family/Life got in the way, i was reaching to the community for help, as we cannot do this alone.

Also.

http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=6281.msg60225#msg60225

i'm a goof, so i missed it. this is another reminder that we need help

January 23, 2017, 10:09:56 PMReply #9

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 10:09:56 PM »
i started another one anyway. looked in the wrong place

January 23, 2017, 10:53:47 PMReply #10

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 10:53:47 PM »
You yourself said you didn't play the game. I would prefer to use my own thread as I can control what I decide needs to be improved by putting in the OP.

January 23, 2017, 10:58:27 PMReply #11

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »
I thought the demo was released but 2.2 was slated for February, must've not paid enough attention to the post. Silly me.

Hey there's no way you could edit the wiki's HTML so that the banner actually sends people to the New Republic page?

January 24, 2017, 07:56:11 AMReply #12

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 07:56:11 AM »
idk, to date I have edited 1 article, but have spent a lot of time researching the mod and watching YouTube videos of it. I know a lot, and I know that, other than the IR, the wiki is sorely lacking.

January 24, 2017, 07:59:31 AMReply #13

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 07:59:31 AM »
whatever. I missed yours, looked at the wiki, saw it needed a lot of work, and asked the community to help. while it is very similar, like I stated, I missed yours, thus, since I wanted it addressed, I started a thread to do that

January 24, 2017, 05:53:49 PMReply #14

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 05:53:49 PM »
team: if there is any way to merge this with Greystar's topic, please do

January 24, 2017, 06:25:09 PMReply #15

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 06:25:09 PM »
Fix the ****ing site navigation bar so it says New Republic and not New Rebublic and goes to a broken redirect.

Done
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

January 24, 2017, 08:20:03 PMReply #16

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 08:20:03 PM »
You are a god send Revanchrist.

January 25, 2017, 12:00:59 AMReply #17

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 12:00:59 AM »
I have my moments. Few and far between but they're there. I'll be doing a little bit of QOL improvements as I get around to it, but with classes and work starting back up I am not sure how much I'll be able to do.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

January 25, 2017, 06:08:45 PMReply #18

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 06:08:45 PM »
A-wing article has been edited to mention secondary role as light bomber.

In addition, a request as one of the wiki's admins to anyone contributing: please keep the writing style as professional as possible. Now I know that certain things will happen: a non-capitalized sentence here, a typo there, etc. Trust me, after a year of working on this wiki using only an iPhone 4 I of all people know that it happens. However, I had to clean up an article that used the word "whatnot" in it. That is a very informal stylistic choice and really not acceptable. There are other articles I am coming across that need a major rework due to the writing style, so I will be addressing those (hopefully) soon.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:11:53 PM by Revanchist »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

January 25, 2017, 06:45:07 PMReply #19

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2017, 06:45:07 PM »
sorry. that was probably me. i was tired. just for clarity, was it the Imperial Remnant article?

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!