Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Americas New president  (Read 10284 times)

November 09, 2016, 07:40:42 AM

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
Americas New president
« on: November 09, 2016, 07:40:42 AM »
Well the Elections are over.
Lets start with small and climb to the top.
Republicans too the house the senate and got Governors in more states.
And Drum Role Please.......*Drum Role*...Donald Trump.

... *sigh* I don't know what to say man I really don't.
YAY ANOTHER RECESSION I ALWAYS WANT ANOTHER ONE.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 09, 2016, 02:16:36 PMReply #1

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: Americas New president
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 02:16:36 PM »
Can we not talk about politics on here?
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

November 09, 2016, 03:14:01 PMReply #2

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 03:14:01 PM »

Well, this is the Lounge and thus is open to pretty well any topic, so I would say the answer is no. However, as long as it stays contained to these threads and doesn't spread like a cancer to other topics if you're not interested in it just avoid said topics.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

November 09, 2016, 04:03:25 PMReply #3

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 04:03:25 PM »
Well, this is the Lounge and thus is open to pretty well any topic, so I would say the answer is no. However, as long as it stays contained to these threads and doesn't spread like a cancer to other topics if you're not interested in it just avoid said topics.

Yeah agree with you man
but let me post this at least

"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 09, 2016, 04:31:40 PMReply #4

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 04:31:40 PM »
For me, I love to hear other people's opinions, as long as theyre factual of course. I really don't mind if someone has a different opinion than me. Anyway I have been wanting to see the different opinions on this forum but I never knew a good way to phrase it.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

November 09, 2016, 10:15:42 PMReply #5

Offline Ordinarygamer96

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 10:15:42 PM »
I'm a double major in history and political science graduating next year and honestly the results leave me with very little hope in America. Trump economically is going to be disastrous and politically hes going to set back civil rights 40 years. I've already begun to see my friends of color begin facing harassment and gay couples openly weeping in the streets. Internationally we're a giant joke now as well besides over in Russia which is excited it has free reign to fuck with our allies now. It really is likely that america is going to face recession and loss of superpower status in the next 8 years.

November 10, 2016, 02:46:19 AMReply #6

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 02:46:19 AM »
My greatest concern is that we just elected a man who does not believe climate change is happening.  All progress in fighting it at the highest levels just stopped, at the critical last period of time when we still have a chance to mitigate its worst effects.  We are all but guaranteed now to be landing on the bad to worse side of the projections - which means there is a very good chance we will start seeing world-wide food and water wars starting in 30-50 years.

Which is why I'm glad I don't have kids.

November 10, 2016, 04:44:05 AMReply #7

Offline Ordinarygamer96

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 04:44:05 AM »
Reading the republican platform and knowing its reality soon is downright horrifying. As Pali said they downright reject climate change. They also want to start having bible classes in public schools and abstinence only.

November 10, 2016, 01:04:53 PMReply #8

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 01:04:53 PM »
Well guys you need to look at the good and the bad. I would argue that we are not close enough to see the affects. And the water and food worlds sounds like a possible world, But by then you have to realize that we will have vast Technology that can purify water and send us into space. 
I don't think it is wrong to teach about things like the bible as long as there is no biasness towards a religion. Hell We should teach people about all regions in the world.

Also keep in mine our relationship with Russia has improve very well and maybe we could see peace
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 10, 2016, 07:48:49 PMReply #9

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 07:48:49 PM »
Those aren't the kinds of Bible classes that Republicans want.  There has long been a strong theocratic side to the Republican Party, and our new VP is very much a part of it.  I also think you are overestimating what kinda of technological growth we can expect in just a few decades, as well as its impact.  We could feed the whole world right now, but we don't.

November 10, 2016, 08:59:32 PMReply #10

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 08:59:32 PM »

I'm not going to cut off an entire area of discussion, especially one I have a degree in. If people don't want to talk about politics, they're free to avoid the thread. As with any other thread, I'll be watching to make sure it at least stays civil.

Well guys you need to look at the good and the bad. I would argue that we are not close enough to see the affects. And the water and food worlds sounds like a possible world, But by then you have to realize that we will have vast Technology that can purify water and send us into space. 

We are close enough, in that climatologists are saying the effects are imminent, not some distant thing, and you can already see some of them. You're also assuming a huge amount of scientific progress when part of the problem being pointed out is that it's a very decidedly anti-science administration based even just on the statements by Trump and those individuals who have been looked to as candidates for his appointments, where the necessary agencies will not receive the funding they need to make any of those wild advancements you're talking about. It's a step backwards for an area that's already been on the back foot for far too long.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:08:33 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 11, 2016, 07:34:39 AMReply #11

Offline Tortique

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 07:34:39 AM »
Also keep in mine our relationship with Russia has improve very well and maybe we could see peace

I highly doubt it. I highly doubt Trump is able to affect US-Russian relations that much, to be precise. Actualy, I don't see any ways to improve it. Both did their best to worsen relations between each other in the last 3 years.

November 14, 2016, 03:38:34 PMReply #12

Offline KommissarReb

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • What Empire? We are the Empire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 03:38:34 PM »
I have to say I was rather surprised Trump won. Of course, the opposition was Hillary Clinton. Hillary's arrogance (and that of her campaign) and the DNC corruption regarding the blackmailing of Bernie Sanders was probably enough to convince the Rust Belt that she wasn't "fighting for them". This is the fifth time in the history of my country that the winner of the election lost the popular vote to his opponent.

IMO, Trump had to have been the most defeatable person you could race against. Hillary losing to Obama was understandable, but Trump is a living nightmare.

Despite saying that, the pro-Hillary protesters and rioters who slammed Trump supporters and conspiracy theorists who called the election "rigged" are now calling for the abolition of the Electoral College because their candidate lost. But unlike Al Gore, Hillary Clinton conceded defeat upon reading the writing on the wall. They may as well accept their candidate's decision.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I don't feel fine.
In the Soviet Union, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

November 14, 2016, 06:57:58 PMReply #13

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »
Despite saying that, the pro-Hillary protesters and rioters who slammed Trump supporters and conspiracy theorists who called the election "rigged" are now calling for the abolition of the Electoral College because their candidate lost. But unlike Al Gore, Hillary Clinton conceded defeat upon reading the writing on the wall. They may as well accept their candidate's decision.

Honestly  the feminists on YouTube have lost their shit over Hillary losing and it kind of hilarious. They are really hypocrites and complain to much.
But I will be honest I do Believe Women deserve equal rights, but I can't support most feminists because they say the dumbest shit like "All white people are racist and All men masongnistics" .  Hillary lost guys and Trump is our president. We should wish him the best of luck and hope for the best. Hillary lost do to  her corruption problems and the ties to other sinister organizations and PEOPLE FUCKING HATE THAT SHIT.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 14, 2016, 11:02:46 PMReply #14

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:46 PM »
I am also in getting a degree inside the political field specifically dealing with Russians, I'm sorry to say to everyone but the Russians truly wanted Clinton to win. All of the Russian culture and lifestyle accumulates into one thing, Predictability. If they have an American President that is easy to predict, they can always be four steps ahead, similar to what happened during the late stages of the Obama administration. However Trump is quite literally in himself a Trump Card, they do not know what he will do. So all the rivals of the US (Russia, China, Philippines to a certain extent) are all trying to get to his good side so he doesn't screw them over in the end.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

November 15, 2016, 03:09:04 AMReply #15

Offline Tortique

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 03:09:04 AM »
May I ask why? Personaly I have reasons to not feel fine, as the victory of Trump is one of many signs of the rising of right-wing in politics.

But I will be honest I do Believe Women deserve equal rights
Assuming they aren't equal in rights with men.

I am also in getting a degree inside the political field specifically dealing with Russians, I'm sorry to say to everyone but the Russians truly wanted Clinton to win. All of the Russian culture and lifestyle accumulates into one thing, Predictability. If they have an American President that is easy to predict, they can always be four steps ahead, similar to what happened during the late stages of the Obama administration. However Trump is quite literally in himself a Trump Card, they do not know what he will do. So all the rivals of the US (Russia, China, Philippines to a certain extent) are all trying to get to his good side so he doesn't screw them over in the end.
Interesting. As russian, I can clearly say that politicians are more satisfied with Trump than Hillary because she was going to escalate conflict between US and RF. Ofcourse, Trump is more unpredictable but if there is a chance that US will go down the path of warming US-RF relations than this is better than certain worsening. Also, look at this https://twitter.com/Alexey_Pushkov/status/796377880691437569?lang=ru Keep in mind, this person is the senator.

Although I don't personaly believe theese relations will be improved and I think the opportunity will be missed, as I stated before.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:27:42 AM by Tortique »

November 15, 2016, 02:58:32 PMReply #16

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 02:58:32 PM »
May I ask why? Personaly I have reasons to not feel fine, as the victory of Trump is one of many signs of the rising of right-wing in politics.
Assuming they aren't equal in rights with men.
Interesting. As russian, I can clearly say that politicians are more satisfied with Trump than Hillary because she was going to escalate conflict between US and RF. Ofcourse, Trump is more unpredictable but if there is a chance that US will go down the path of warming US-RF relations than this is better than certain worsening. Also, look at this https://twitter.com/Alexey_Pushkov/status/796377880691437569?lang=ru Keep in mind, this person is the senator.

Although I don't personaly believe theese relations will be improved and I think the opportunity will be missed, as I stated before.
\
That's very interesting, as much I listen to my university professors, they are looking outside in, you are looking inside out which I am fascinated with. I feel there is a Russo-phobia growing in the US. Is there a American phobia growing in the RF as well?

November 15, 2016, 09:42:59 PMReply #17

Offline Ordinarygamer96

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 09:42:59 PM »

Trump has essentially promised to let the Russian's do what they want while Clinton said she wouldn't back down. Its extremely obvious the Russians wanted Trump to do. They were even talking to the campaign before the election for gods sake

November 16, 2016, 07:59:14 AMReply #18

Offline Tortique

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 07:59:14 AM »
\
That's very interesting, as much I listen to my university professors, they are looking outside in, you are looking inside out which I am fascinated with. I feel there is a Russo-phobia growing in the US. Is there a American phobia growing in the RF as well?

Phobia? Certainly no. Though you will find that many russian people think that US has gone too far trying to control the world and should be stopped, that double-thinkig of US (and it's satellites) should be stopped etc etc. In short you can sum it as "get your hands off".

November 16, 2016, 11:42:46 AMReply #19

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 11:42:46 AM »
One thing that was brought to my attention is that Trump has made the record of the oldest president to be elected in the US at 70. With the high stress environment of the presidency there's no guarantee he will even make it through one term
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!