Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Americas New president  (Read 10285 times)

November 16, 2016, 06:21:48 PMReply #20

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Re: Americas New president
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2016, 06:21:48 PM »
One thing that was brought to my attention is that Trump has made the record of the oldest president to be elected in the US at 70. With the high stress environment of the presidency there's no guarantee he will even make it through one term
A very good point indeed.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

November 16, 2016, 06:45:11 PMReply #21

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2016, 06:45:11 PM »
A very good point indeed.
Honestly I'm going to start posting Election 2016 memes in here.

"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

November 16, 2016, 07:15:20 PMReply #22

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2016, 07:15:20 PM »
hey, Trump might surprise everyone.
Who knows?
He can either be the perfect pres, or the worst one ever. It's like the cat, the box and the neurotoxin.
And if you know the reference, good for you
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

November 16, 2016, 07:36:14 PMReply #23

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 07:36:14 PM »
hey, Trump might surprise everyone.
Who knows?
He can either be the perfect pres, or the worst one ever. It's like the cat, the box and the neurotoxin.
And if you know the reference, good for you

As someone who is a professional chemistry tutor I approve of this. Though technically if we carry the cat metaphor into the presidency then at this time he is the best AND worst.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

November 17, 2016, 02:25:07 AMReply #24

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 02:25:07 AM »
As someone who is a professional chemistry tutor I approve of this. Though technically if we carry the cat metaphor into the presidency then at this time he is the best AND worst.
Exactly.
Well, at least until we open the box.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

November 17, 2016, 08:22:54 PMReply #25

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 08:22:54 PM »
Phobia? Certainly no. Though you will find that many russian people think that US has gone too far trying to control the world and should be stopped, that double-thinkig of US (and it's satellites) should be stopped etc etc. In short you can sum it as "get your hands off".
Ah I see, so there might be a hint of exaggeration from my Professors. It might be worth learning about Russia else where. I was thinking about taking up my university's study aboard program and study in Moscow, it seems like that would be a better learning experience.   
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

November 17, 2016, 08:26:59 PMReply #26

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2016, 08:26:59 PM »
Trump has essentially promised to let the Russian's do what they want while Clinton said she wouldn't back down. Its extremely obvious the Russians wanted Trump to do. They were even talking to the campaign before the election for gods sake
Very true, however the response from the Russian government has been half assed at best. The thing with Trump is that he is "America's Putin" (Reuters news War_college podcast, great podcast) so one day he could let the Russians do whatever they want but the next he could response with over aggression. With Clintion the Kremlin knew what they were getting, with Trump its a different story.

November 18, 2016, 10:59:02 AMReply #27

Offline Ordinarygamer96

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2016, 10:59:02 AM »
I'm pretty sure Trump is willing to essentially let eastern europe burn for the sake of being able to say hes not starting stuff. Meanwhile his supporters want Iran destroyed so that is going to be an unnecessary conflict while Iran was in the process of going moderate but now Trump could empower hardliners.

On another note Trump picked a former segregationist and man who said the voting rights act was "unamerican" for the position of attorney general.

November 19, 2016, 06:54:43 PMReply #28

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2016, 06:54:43 PM »
I truly hope that Trump will just be a good president. That being said, I'm fairly certain he is going to bomb Iran back to the stone age the moment he gets a chance.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!