Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Small adjustment ideas for 2.2  (Read 15684 times)

March 24, 2016, 03:23:50 PM

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
Small adjustment ideas for 2.2
« on: March 24, 2016, 03:23:50 PM »
I just want to make out some points, bugs which could be fixed for 2.2.
1: Coronas are basicly immune for rockets and torpedoes. They just pass right trough the ship. I suspect that the model has something to do with it.

2: Ession's ground map is bugged. It is doing all kinds of strangeness like does not spawning the defending forces, just the buildings and if you win, your forces disappear until you take the planet with an autoresolve.

3: Sensor nodes are practically useless. their view range is barely larger than infantry's and doesn't worth the credits or even the slot to be there. I suggest to buff it's view range a lot so that they would have some tactical value. I suggest making it at least a bit larger than the artilery units' attack range to make it worth constructing.

4:Pentastar Dark Jedi: Their recruitment should be bounded to Jerec instead of the planet Bastion since they only were there with the PA because Jerec was there.

I will post further things like these if one comes to my mind.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

March 24, 2016, 10:26:35 PMReply #1

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Small adjustment ideas for 2.2
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 10:26:35 PM »
I just want to make out some points, bugs which could be fixed for 2.2.

4:Pentastar Dark Jedi: Their recruitment should be bounded to Jerec instead of the planet Bastion since they only were there with the PA because Jerec was there.

I will post further things like these if one comes to my mind.
Last I checked the Dark Jedi were only recruited by Jerec. I have to have him over a planet to build them, granted I have an older version.
On a side note the PA did still have and even recruit Inquisitors and Dark Jedi for their Inquestors of judgement even after Jerec died one year after Endor.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 25, 2016, 07:09:25 AMReply #2

Offline PhoenixC279

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:09:25 AM »
And Kucsidave, the Corona issue is  because the ships design has brought a messy hitbox. The way to fix this is to make it bigger which is wrong as it is a small ship. Besides, what use does the Corona have except tanking damage as it cant really dish out damage

GrimDark Indeed

March 25, 2016, 07:17:48 AMReply #3

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 07:17:48 AM »
The Corona carries 3 squads for 2 pop - combined with its limited but viable combat abilities, it is an excellent ship.  Now such excellence should ideally be shown by a properly functioning unit in-game, not by the glitching of its implementation, but all in all it's a fairly minor glitch - I never have too much trouble killing them as the IR/PA.

Dark Jedi are trained at Bastion only.  Not by Jerec's location.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 07:20:12 AM by Pali »

April 28, 2016, 12:38:03 PMReply #4

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 12:38:03 PM »
One other thing just came into my mind.
When deploying the space between the AT-PTs tend to... differ.
Sometimes they are pack very closely, sometimes they are so far away that if you put them in the middle of the reenforcemet point they actually go near the circle. Sometimes this makes one or more of them stuck in an otherwise unmoveable space since when deploying it do not care about water, cliffs or trees.
I don't know what causes this and it seems random. Sometimes for test i placed two at the very same middle of the point and once they separated and the other time they were very close up.
Just thought it might be best to let you guys know in case you can fix it.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 16, 2016, 04:42:29 AMReply #5

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 04:42:29 AM »
Reading trough the recent post reminded me of something. and that is about the golans.
Since some ships(not sure if most or all but I would doubt that) have larger range than them, they don't mean that much of a defence. I can chew down 2 Golan IIIs, 2 golan IIs and a golan I easily with only 1 Victory II-class if there is no defending fleet. If there is, I lure them out and do it afterwards. Big deal... Not to mention 10 bomber squads can chew up a Golan III with no problem, and with no anti-fighter station...
Point is, the golans are pathetic at the moment. Could I recommend to give them larger range? I would definitely make it larger than most ship's ranges so the Golans could have the first shots, and in the case of a Golan I it would really mean a lot since it doesn't have a chance against an ISD II in 1 on 1 considering the fighter supports too.

Edit: Oh, and before I forget they don't recharge their shields. I know I mentioned it before somewhere else, but it would be best to be safe than sorry later
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:44:37 AM by kucsidave »

May 16, 2016, 06:05:28 AMReply #6

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 06:05:28 AM »
I tend to think the easiest way to improve Golans is simply to improve their range to Praetor-level and give each of them laser banks of corresponding size.  If giving the models more hardpoints is a problem (I know nothing of this aspect of modding), perhaps simply fold some of their existing turbolaser hardpoints into each other and change a couple of those turbo hardpoints into quad laser banks?

May 17, 2016, 02:12:29 PMReply #7

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 02:12:29 PM »
If we're talking about small ideas, for Era 5 have the Super Star Destroyers spawn I-7 Howlrunners and Preybirds so that it fits the theme that the Imperial Remnant has less Tie Fighters for Era 5 since Sienar Fleet Systems became Neutral at that point of the Galactic Civil War.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 17, 2016, 03:33:57 PMReply #8

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 03:33:57 PM »
If we're talking about small ideas, for Era 5 have the Super Star Destroyers spawn I-7 Howlrunners and Preybirds so that it fits the theme that the Imperial Remnant has less Tie Fighters for Era 5 since Sienar Fleet Systems became Neutral at that point of the Galactic Civil War.

While I agree on principle and in theory (plus Preybirds are actually pretty good fighter/bomber ships), from a fluff perspective I'd imagine the Remnant would prioritize full TIE complements on SSDs because of image. Basically pulling the TIEs off the less important ships and piling them on this symbol of Imperial power.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 17, 2016, 04:41:35 PMReply #9

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 04:41:35 PM »
While I agree on principle and in theory (plus Preybirds are actually pretty good fighter/bomber ships), from a fluff perspective I'd imagine the Remnant would prioritize full TIE complements on SSDs because of image. Basically pulling the TIEs off the less important ships and piling them on this symbol of Imperial power.
The Super Star Destroyer could spawn their TIE compliment with preybirds and i7 howlrunners just to fit the theme that even the Imperial Remanant mightiest ship lacks a full TIE compliment. That way like you said they would be attempting to show strength and unity but even their mightiest carrier lacks the purity of the old Imperial Navy.
"I am not the Lord Darth Vader--I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 17, 2016, 07:20:27 PMReply #10

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 07:20:27 PM »
The Super Star Destroyer could spawn their TIE compliment with preybirds and i7 howlrunners just to fit the theme that even the Imperial Remanant mightiest ship lacks a full TIE compliment. That way like you said they would be attempting to show strength and unity but even their mightiest carrier lacks the purity of the old Imperial Navy.
That's the thing Revan said. let me quote:
I'd imagine the Remnant would prioritize full TIE complements on SSDs because of image. Basically pulling the TIEs off the less important ships and piling them on this symbol of Imperial power.
As long as they have 1 more TIE Fighter they put it in the SSD, and since every ISD spawns them still, well...
Look, don't misunderstand I would love an SSD like that, but the remnants would never do it. They would rather have 90% of the hangars stand empty than bring in 1 preybird or Howlrunner. Not a squad, I am talking about 1 fighter.
This would be like a Rabbi in a Catholic church. Not a chance of that ever happening.
Bringing even 1 of those onto the ship would mean that they admit the empire has fallen.

May 17, 2016, 08:16:00 PMReply #11

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 08:16:00 PM »
That's the thing Revan said. let me quote:As long as they have 1 more TIE Fighter they put it in the SSD, and since every ISD spawns them still, well...
Look, don't misunderstand I would love an SSD like that, but the remnants would never do it. They would rather have 90% of the hangars stand empty than bring in 1 preybird or Howlrunner. Not a squad, I am talking about 1 fighter.
This would be like a Rabbi in a Catholic church. Not a chance of that ever happening.
Bringing even 1 of those onto the ship would mean that they admit the empire has fallen.
I can see you saying they wouldn't ever put a preybird on a SSD, considering their were those that question the source of where it came from. Though I can't see the same disdain for the I7 Howlrunner which became a prime fighter of the Imperial Remnant forces. Even if preybirds are too far to add to the SSD I do think they need to represent the lack of TIE theme with at least the I-7 Howlrunner; not  to mention the many ships in Era 5 Imperials that spawn TIE fighters which shows they are not throwing all TIEs to the SSD.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 17, 2016, 09:51:23 PMReply #12

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 09:51:23 PM »
It's like that general store in North Korea that they use in all their propaganda shoots. Sure it's the only one in the nation that even has supplies stocked, and sure the rest of the country is in abject poverty, but as long as that one store is bright and shiny clean and supplied the image can be continued to be held.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 17, 2016, 10:35:53 PMReply #13

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 10:35:53 PM »
It's like that general store in North Korea that they use in all their propaganda shoots. Sure it's the only one in the nation that even has supplies stocked, and sure the rest of the country is in abject poverty, but as long as that one store is bright and shiny clean and supplied the image can be continued to be held.
There's nothing in the fluff that supports this claim.
"Empire lost most of its TIEs during the Galactic Civil War, as well as losing access to Sienar's production facilities, the Howlrunner line escaped destruction and found itself becoming one of the prime starfighters in the fleets of the Imperial Remnant."
This supports what I've been saying all along and it would be fluffy if we could at least have I7 Howlrunners spawn on Super Star Destroyers during Era 5.
Here's the link http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/I-7_Howlrunner

edit: added more to the post so that it wasn't so plain.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:56:53 PM by derp »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 18, 2016, 04:28:59 AMReply #14

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 04:28:59 AM »
The hole with this thought is that the Imperial's are all about hierarchy and they have the command ship of the whole Imperial Remnant the Chimera using non TIE compliment of fighters/bombers.
That's the thing Revan said. let me quote:As long as they have 1 more TIE Fighter they put it in the SSD, and since every ISD spawns them still, well...
I don't believe the protege of Grand Admiral Thrawn, Admiral Pellaeon, would have held the Super Star Destroyer in such high regards or even treated it as symbol rather than a weapon. The Dominion and the Megador were SSDs that took part in the campaign against the Republic led by Admiral Pellaeon which led to the destruction of his flagship at the time the Reaper SSD.
"They're not being manufactured by the Empire. They're being scrounged from who knows where-probably some fringe pirate or mercenary gang. And they're being scrounged precisely because we're down to a single major shipyard and it can't keep up with demand for capital ships, let alone starfighters."
―Admiral Gilad Pellaeon to Captain Ardiff http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Preybird-class_starfighter
So Era 5 is suppose represent a losing Imperial Remnant that lacks the resources to replace the lost TIEs squadrons in combat over a terrible campaign involving the destruction of the Reaper; yet we have plenty of TIEs spawning from SSDs that are suppose to represent the Dominion and Megador which lost many of their own TIE squadrons in said campaign. I want to reiterate what I said earlier, the SSDs of Era 5 should spawn I7 Howlrunners and Preybirds showings the waning of Imperial Strength in this time period. In Era 5 currently there are too many TIEs that are spawned from SSDs, which is unfluffy. Also want to say Imperial Remnant is not the pathetic regime of North Korea and SSDs were not temples of worship.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 04:58:55 AM by derp »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 18, 2016, 09:08:48 AMReply #15

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 09:08:48 AM »
Funny thing you bring forth the events at Orinda. You forget that though in name Pallaeon was in control of the imperial forces, but he was under the council of moffs. They decided almost everything. They pushed Pallaeon to attack the NR too leading to the Orinda Campaign which resulted in their defeat and the loss of the Reaper. Pallaeon actually wanted to stay on the defensive or at least prepare more before an offensive.
Also want to say Imperial Remnant is not the pathetic regime of North Korea and SSDs were not temples of worship.
Maybe not, but those were just simbolisms. SSDs are clearly not churches but that example was to measure the absurdity of the situation, not meant that SSDs were holy places, nor did the North Korea reference meant that the IR was just like that, but it was that they both try to uphold a certain image. For  NK it was that they are well supplied while for IR that they are still strong. Even if the Howlrunners were the main fighters in the IR, they wouldn't bring them on board SSDs ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT TIES! Nothing else, just they are not TIEs. Then to bring it down to small scale, there is a soup store. You won't find pickles there either. Just because that is not soup. SSDs were huge capitals, carrying TIEs. Soup stores are buildings selling soups. Is this clear now?

May 18, 2016, 12:05:28 PMReply #16

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 12:05:28 PM »
Funny thing you bring forth the events at Orinda. You forget that though in name Pallaeon was in control of the imperial forces, but he was under the council of moffs. They decided almost everything. They pushed Pallaeon to attack the NR too leading to the Orinda Campaign which resulted in their defeat and the loss of the Reaper. Pallaeon actually wanted to stay on the defensive or at least prepare more before an offensive.Maybe not, but those were just simbolisms. SSDs are clearly not churches but that example was to measure the absurdity of the situation, not meant that SSDs were holy places, nor did the North Korea reference meant that the IR was just like that, but it was that they both try to uphold a certain image. For  NK it was that they are well supplied while for IR that they are still strong. Even if the Howlrunners were the main fighters in the IR, they wouldn't bring them on board SSDs ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT TIES! Nothing else, just they are not TIEs. Then to bring it down to small scale, there is a soup store. You won't find pickles there either. Just because that is not soup. SSDs were huge capitals, carrying TIEs. Soup stores are buildings selling soups. Is this clear now?
Pellaeon was still given supreme command over Imperial Remnant forces even if he did answer to the Moff Council, the President of United States doesn't care what is in his battalions or squadrons as long his orders are carried out.
"The Battle of Celanon was a conflict between the Galactic Empire and New Republic in 13 ABY at Celanon. Under the command of Admiral Gilad Pellaeon, the Imperial forces had been pushed back in an attempt to contain an invasion of Imperial space. During the battle, Pellaeon lost his command ship, the Star Dreadnought Reaper." http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Celanon
"Era 5: Grand Admiral Pellaeon (17-19 ABY)
    Caamas Crisis
    Having succeeded Admiral Daala as Supreme Commander of Imperial forces after her short lived campaign against the New Republic, Pellaeon endured a long and bloody rearguard action to retain as much of the Empire’s remaining territory as possible in the face of renewed New Republic offensives.  Now faced with almost certain defeat, Pellaeon has been charged by the Moff Council to undertake a final push in an attempt to restore some measure of security from this perpetual and now existential threat." http://thrawnsrevenge.com/features/era-system
Era 5 takes places after the disastrous blunder of the Knight Hammer in 12 ABY and the battle of Celanon 13 ABY the evidence of the fluff and what's suppose to be Era 5 should show the lack of TIEs in general for the Empire. Admiral Pellaeon wouldn't have spent his much needed resources in transferring TIEs to Super Star Destroyers for propaganda. I've linked plenty of fluff to show support of that the I7 Howlrunner and the Preybird need spawn from Era 5 SSDs.   
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:11:40 PM by derp »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 18, 2016, 08:04:25 PMReply #17

Darude

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 08:04:25 PM »
Funny thing you bring forth the events at Orinda. You forget that though in name Pallaeon was in control of the imperial forces, but he was under the council of moffs. They decided almost everything. They pushed Pallaeon to attack the NR too leading to the Orinda Campaign which resulted in their defeat and the loss of the Reaper. Pallaeon actually wanted to stay on the defensive or at least prepare more before an offensive.Maybe not, but those were just simbolisms. SSDs are clearly not churches but that example was to measure the absurdity of the situation, not meant that SSDs were holy places, nor did the North Korea reference meant that the IR was just like that, but it was that they both try to uphold a certain image. For  NK it was that they are well supplied while for IR that they are still strong. Even if the Howlrunners were the main fighters in the IR, they wouldn't bring them on board SSDs ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT TIES! Nothing else, just they are not TIEs. Then to bring it down to small scale, there is a soup store. You won't find pickles there either. Just because that is not soup. SSDs were huge capitals, carrying TIEs. Soup stores are buildings selling soups. Is this clear now?

This is complete nonsense with the non existent production of Tie's that there would be enough of them for there to be a full compliment of Tie fighters on Super Star Destroyers, especially when most of them were lost in the Imperial Civil war and most of their production facilities were destroyed.

There's nothing in the fluff that supports this claim.
"Empire lost most of its TIEs during the Galactic Civil War, as well as losing access to Sienar's production facilities, the Howlrunner line escaped destruction and found itself becoming one of the prime starfighters in the fleets of the Imperial Remnant."
This supports what I've been saying all along and it would be fluffy if we could at least have I7 Howlrunners spawn on Super Star Destroyers during Era 5.
Here's the link http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/I-7_Howlrunner

edit: added more to the post so that it wasn't so plain.

This has already been said.

May 18, 2016, 08:10:03 PMReply #18

Offline derp

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 08:10:03 PM »
Even if the Howlrunners were the main fighters in the IR, they wouldn't bring them on board SSDs ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT TIES! Nothing else, just they are not TIEs. Then to bring it down to small scale, there is a soup store. You won't find pickles there either. Just because that is not soup. SSDs were huge capitals, carrying TIEs. Soup stores are buildings selling soups. Is this clear now?
Explain Wedge's Lusankya that has more than just TIEs on his SSD such as: A-wing, B-wings and x-wings, or even the Pride of Yevetha that has Trifoil fighters. Super Star Destroyers shouldn't be treated any differently from Imperial Class Star Destroyers when it comes to fighter/bomber compliment to fit the theme of the Era.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 09:49:04 PM by derp »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 19, 2016, 04:39:44 AMReply #19

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 04:39:44 AM »
Explain Wedge's Lusankya that has more than just TIEs on his SSD such as: A-wing, B-wings and x-wings, or even the Pride of Yevetha that has Trifoil fighters. Super Star Destroyers shouldn't be treated any differently from Imperial Class Star Destroyers when it comes to fighter/bomber compliment to fit the theme of the Era.
It's a very good claim. For not mainline IR. Nor the NR nor the DL wanted to show imperial power. The DL never wanted to do anything with the IR except eradicate them like every other non-yevethan in the galaxy.
They had an SSD and ISDs because they captured the black fleet. After they lost the Black fleet they never shown any intentions to build ISDs or VSDs, nor an SSD. They were satisfied with their own thrustships.
NR on the other hand had no regard for Imperial customs, since they just wanted to "liberate" the galaxy from them. of course they would use their own fighters.
But this is the last time I acknowledge this subject, since I had enough. Both Revanchist and I told you our opinion multiple times.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!