Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Random fleet of 4 ISD 2s and support ships always attacking Eriadu?  (Read 1916 times)

September 28, 2020, 02:06:18 AM

Offline ketamarine

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi All,
Anyone know what is up with the purple fleets that randomly show up when you are attacking as Eriadu in the 11 ABY GC.

Basically ruined my playthrough as i hadn't saved in a while and got smacked by one in a close fight with the new republic. I saw them show up like 5 fights in a row, and the last one was 4 isd2s and maybe 6 other ships.

Based on how hard eriadu already is, these attacks are not fun or interesting in any way. Doesn't say anywhere in game what they are or how to stop them.

Any info would be helpful.

September 29, 2020, 04:37:16 PMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Random fleet of 4 ISD 2s and support ships always attacking Eriadu?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 04:37:16 PM »
These are raid fleets which have a random chance to appear in any battle where the defender has a shipyard.  Essentially they are a third faction in the battle that is not affiliated with either combatant.  When a raid fleet has been triggered you will receive a warning message about unknown forces incoming (advisor tooltip bottom left) which provides at least a minutes warning before the units enter the battle.

The composition and origin (faction basis) of the raid fleet varies but will not be the same faction as either attacker or defender.  The units are not drawn from the state of the galactic map (in current versions at least) and will tend to move in the general direction of the shipyard, engaging any units that are within range. 

There is no way to prevent or disable raids in-game (aside from there being no shipyard present) but to get raids five times in a row is pretty unlucky as the odds of it happening in any particular battle are about 3/20.  With the advance warning you can even use the appearance of a raid fleet to your advantage and alter your tactics and unit disposition to account for their presence.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!