Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Anyone have luck with fighter / bomber heavy fleets?  (Read 2067 times)

September 15, 2019, 02:13:13 PM

Offline ketamarine

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Anyone have luck with fighter / bomber heavy fleets?
« on: September 15, 2019, 02:13:13 PM »
Hi All,

Relative to vanilla sins, where carrier spam, hangar defense and just fighters in general are epic, I have had a lot of trouble getting good value from carriers used in any capacity. Whether it is taking a few of the smaller ones, or building dedicated carrier capital ships.

I tried with rebels and haven't played a ton with the Hand, but would give them another go (lack of titan is a huge drawback for the big matches I enjoy the most).

Any advice on getting good value via target selection, split between fighters and bombers (I've tried all bombers and 50/50 splits and eventually just gave up and went 100% defensive with all fighters as I didn't feel like I was doing any serious damage with bombers) or fleet composition?

Also the way that damage is applied in this game (when shot is fired), makes it hard to tell when bombers are actually doing any damage... any better way to judge effectiveness?

And are they better vs. shields or hull?

Really any guidance from anyone who uses fighters and bombers a lot in this mod would be great!

January 30, 2020, 03:04:18 PMReply #1

Offline Kasey00

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have luck with fighter / bomber heavy fleets?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 03:04:18 PM »
Hi All,

Relative to vanilla sins, where carrier spam, hangar defense and just fighters in general are epic, I have had a lot of trouble getting good value from carriers used in any capacity. Whether it is taking a few of the smaller ones, or building dedicated carrier capital price chopper direct connect ships.

I tried with rebels and haven't played a ton with the Hand, but would give them another go (lack of titan is a huge drawback for the big matches I enjoy the most).

Any advice on getting good value via target selection, split between fighters and bombers (I've tried all bombers and 50/50 splits and eventually just gave up and went 100% defensive with all fighters as I didn't feel like I was doing any serious damage with bluestacks bombers) or fleet composition?

Also the way that damage is applied in this game (when shot is fired), makes it hard to tell when bombers are actually doing any damage... any better way to judge effectiveness?

And are they better vs. shields or hull?

Really any guidance from anyone who uses fighters and bombers a lot in this mod would be great!

The only practical advice I have is, if you feel like checking out ground battles, play a lot as SPAA and shoot at planes. I used to have terrible problems when I started playing trying to hit fighters with defensive guns. I just delegated it to the AI and hoped for the best.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:20:05 AM by Kasey00 »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!