Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Trouble with saving / loading games  (Read 6985 times)

September 23, 2018, 03:08:31 PM

Offline Firewolfy

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Trouble with saving / loading games
« on: September 23, 2018, 03:08:31 PM »
 I have recently installed this game after over a year and getting a new pc, the game both EAW and FOC runs fine on vanilla mode but when i try to run mods like Thrawn's or other things the game seems to crash sometimes when loading or saving the game. usually happens after been playing for over a hour but its random. looked around alot on forums and stuff and cant exactly find a exact answer or  specific suggestions to possibly fix the issue i am having, any here know what i can try? ive tried using both disc and GOG versions, compatbility mode stuff and nothing seems to work.  using windows 10

September 23, 2018, 11:02:37 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with saving / loading games
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:02:37 PM »
Saving and loading issues are one of the things that the patches for the Steam version of Empire at War fixed; outside of that, mods with a larger memory imprint tend to have a harder time. We generally recommend people pick up the Steam version when it's on sale.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 26, 2018, 04:53:27 PMReply #2

Offline Firewolfy

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 04:53:27 PM »
well i bought the steam version and am still getting some crashes when i try to Load and quit out of galactic conquest...any suggestions? I have a friend with almost the exact same setup as my computer and he has never had any troubles.

December 16, 2018, 03:27:32 PMReply #3

Offline Zen-Ken Jamriil

• Recruit
  • In all things its best to strive for balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 03:27:32 PM »
I am having the same issue in Gaactic Conquest any time I try to save usung the steam version of the mod and game.

Windows 7, i7 2600k@4.5Ghz, 24GB of RAM, with a Vega 56.

I was exited to play this mod after not playing this game for years , but not being able save a game that will be playing over days kills it. I have played and Saved/Loaded in skirmish just fine, but that is just a warmup for GC.
Is Form VI the most worthy of study? No, but in general it is the most practical.

December 16, 2018, 04:53:23 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 04:53:23 PM »
Again, saving and loading behaviours are things that changed with the Steam updates to fix existing engine bugs that made it impossible to load saves. If it seems like it's freezing while saving, give it more time, it can take several minutes sometimes depending on different factors (ie map size). If it's crashing, make sure you're running with proper admin permissions to read and write to the save folders.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 15, 2022, 11:47:03 AMReply #5

Mechace12

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 11:47:03 AM »
Yes well what if we have the Steam version of the game it Galactic conquest saves still don't work?

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!