Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Faction Politics.  (Read 1036 times)

August 31, 2018, 04:06:46 PM

Offline t78

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Faction Politics.
« on: August 31, 2018, 04:06:46 PM »
I wondered if some of the effects of Sins' policies for factions (I do not know the right terminology for Sins) might be duplicated by making your capitols give you the ability to "build" policies that affect your factions. Such policies can be removed the way structures are removed, but with a high price due to the beaurocracy and paperwork required.

All except NR: Endorse Slavery: Buildings are built faster with a mild price decrease, but the "policy" has a high upkeep (slavery requires infrastructure and is expensive). Holding Kashyykk makes building times even faster.

All except NR, DL, and EotH: HuManocentrism: High non-stacking defensive values due to unit cohesion, but the "policy" has a high population point rating (as you've basically excluded much of your empire from participating in your armed forces).

All factions : De-nationalise defensive forces: garrisons increase in size, but the "policy" has a high population point rating (as you've just diverted planetary defence forces from your primary force). (NR and EotH get a very modest price reduction for this policy)

All factions: high tax policy: income instantly increases significantly, but then drops to a modestly lower level.

All factions: low tax policy: income slowly increases to a point modestly higher than its original level.

Non-expansionist state: all units not led by someone with a high defensive bonus get a mild defensive bonus.

Thoughts? I don't want to give any unfair price reductions or defensive/ offensive stacks, but I wondered if this is useful. I haven't seen anything that reduces building prices, though I'll have another look at the manual again.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!