Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: I am writing a book; no I am not copying Dane Kiet's idea.  (Read 2044 times)

March 17, 2008, 05:45:07 AM

aNaRcHiSt44

I have actually been at this since December of last year, and I have been writing something called 'The Veil of Broken Dreams' which was to be similar to David Eddings 'The Belgariad'. I was going to implement the idea of a struggle between good and evil/light and darkness, with a third party that struggles with the victor of those two. It was going to be a land where gods do war upon each other; leading their tribes into battle. They were at peace, until a union between two caused the world to shudder as true evil was born; an insane war god with power unmatched. I was going to implement a contradiction of him being evil, yet becoming the embodiment of the light to fight the darkness; his mother and her brothers and sisters. I discarded it because it was not what I originally intended, and I started on something called 'The Chronicles of Vramadas' which would be set in a land filled with decay and death. Diseases ripple throught the land, and much of the land was consumed by constant bloodshed, making much of the land inhospitable. A being born with the power to level cities with his mind, create fireballs, that sort of stuff, was to be born, and he began detsroying cities and when the nations united to attack him he disappeared and re-appeared at the head of ana rmy of alien creatures ceaselessly spawning from a massive portal of shadows. He was defeated by the gods, but most of them died; he was stunned by an object filled with power that brought horror to him, and the gods struck him down, but due to him being stronger than gods, he was not truly beaten, and was destined to awake. Hundreds of years later figures called 'Marluxia Reborn' (because his name was Marluxia) emerged and proclaimed themselves his Reborn, and the world was torn by stirfe as the nations exterminated these 'Reborns' who amassed legions of followers. The book would center around a mysterious man called Vramadas and his journey into defeating the man with power as he awakened to destroy the world, and he would kill him by using this 'object' that was lost after the battle. I then discarded this idea as well, because it was too much of a rip-off of the Wheel of Time with the concept of 'Dragon Reborn'. I am now writing a new title, one that I will stick with, that is so much better and makes perfect sense. I am still going over the finer details, then I will begin writing. I will post my progress here, although due to people copying and pasting it and labelling it as their own, I will most likely not pursue that idea. I would like to see your thoughts on my two previous discarded works, and be mindful, I do not care if you copy them. They are as of now, free source.

March 17, 2008, 03:17:01 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: I am writing a book; no I am not copying Dane Kiet's idea.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:17:01 PM »
That Great Wall'o'Text would have kept the mongols out of China for sure. Paragraphs are your friend.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 17, 2008, 06:25:10 PMReply #2

Offline Isamu

• Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-7
  • шыфьгーIsamu-courageous Warrior wish i were a yub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:25:10 PM »
please make paragraphs as arbiter said too confusing to read. you lose your place every 5 seconds.
"The screams of the millions of dead souls I have consumed haunt my ears. Their voices are deafening. My passion is ravenous. This hunger unsatiable." - Darth Nihilus

92% of teens have moved on to (c)rap. if you are one of the 8% who listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

March 18, 2008, 08:33:13 PMReply #3

Offline GrndAdmrlPellaeon

• Chat Members
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +35/-35
  • Yub Squadron This (Replaced by ASG)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:33:13 PM »
Im not even trying without the paragraphs.
"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." Jedi Master Yoda

I hate the Yuuzhan Vong!

92% of teens have moved on to (c)rap. if you are one of the 8% who listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

March 20, 2008, 05:13:28 AMReply #4

aNaRcHiSt44

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 05:13:28 AM »
OK THEN! (lazy people...)
I have actually been at this since December of last year, and I have been writing something called 'The Veil of Broken Dreams' which was to be similar to David Eddings 'The Belgariad'. I was going to implement the idea of a struggle between good and evil/light and darkness, with a third party that struggles with the victor of those two. It was going to be a land where gods do war upon each other; leading their tribes into battle. They were at peace, until a union between two caused the world to shudder as true evil was born; an insane war god with power unmatched. I was going to implement a contradiction of him being evil, yet becoming the embodiment of the light to fight the darkness; his mother and her brothers and sisters.

I discarded it because it was not what I originally intended, and I started on something called 'The Chronicles of Vramadas' which would be set in a land filled with decay and death. Diseases ripple throught the land, and much of the land was consumed by constant bloodshed, making much of the land inhospitable. A being born with the power to level cities with his mind, create fireballs, that sort of stuff, was to be born, and he began detsroying cities and when the nations united to attack him he disappeared and re-appeared at the head of ana rmy of alien creatures ceaselessly spawning from a massive portal of shadows. He was defeated by the gods, but most of them died; he was stunned by an object filled with power that brought horror to him, and the gods struck him down, but due to him being stronger than gods, he was not truly beaten, and was destined to awake. Hundreds of years later figures called 'Marluxia Reborn' (because his name was Marluxia) emerged and proclaimed themselves his Reborn, and the world was torn by stirfe as the nations exterminated these 'Reborns' who amassed legions of followers. The book would center around a mysterious man called Vramadas and his journey into defeating the man with power as he awakened to destroy the world, and he would kill him by using this 'object' that was lost after the battle.

I then discarded this idea as well, because it was too much of a rip-off of the Wheel of Time with the concept of 'Dragon Reborn'. I am now writing a new title, one that I will stick with, that is so much better and makes perfect sense. I am still going over the finer details, then I will begin writing. I will post my progress here, although due to people copying and pasting it and labelling it as their own, I will most likely not pursue that idea. I would like to see your thoughts on my two previous discarded works, and be mindful, I do not care if you copy them. They are as of now, free source.

I dont need paragraphs to read something....but then again I was born to read.

Well? What are your thoughts? I didnt go throug all this trouble so you people could be silent.....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 01:26:18 AM by aNaRcHiSt44 »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!