Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Nebula vs alligance  (Read 1861 times)

May 30, 2018, 01:17:53 PM

Offline MasterXendrex

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Nebula vs alligance
« on: May 30, 2018, 01:17:53 PM »
So I noticed that the Nebula class got an upgrade(not only the price :o).
I really like that. It can now perform really well in battle and is not a „glas cannon“.
So I discovered that there is also the alligance class battlecrusier, I tried it and it was worthy of it’s reputation:
4-6 assault frigates where nothing, only 40% of the shields were gone .
So I tried to get it and the republic Nebula to 1on1 in skirmish.
Let’s say it didn’t happen... But it engaged Ackbar. The alligance seemed to win, but Ackbar gave it a fight.
Then he turned and got way.
Later an endurance attacked, the alligance managed to break the shields after awhile and destroyed it.
So my question; how would a Nebula perform against it? I think it shouldn’t be able to frontal1vs1 it, but with micro management may be able to defeat it.
The Nebula is 8.500 and the alligance 11.000(9.500 in skirmish), but the Nebula also carries bombers and fighters. Not many so I might not make a difference if we count them in.

Also hase the ai at some point captured ship in your GC?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:28:50 PM by MasterXendrex »

May 31, 2018, 06:01:36 AMReply #1

Offline Zardnaar

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Nebula vs alligance
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 06:01:36 AM »
So I noticed that the Nebula class got an upgrade(not only the price :o).
I really like that. It can now perform really well in battle and is not a „glas cannon“.
So I discovered that there is also the alligance class battlecrusier, I tried it and it was worthy of it’s reputation:
4-6 assault frigates where nothing, only 40% of the shields were gone .
So I tried to get it and the republic Nebula to 1on1 in skirmish.
Let’s say it didn’t happen... But it engaged Ackbar. The alligance seemed to win, but Ackbar gave it a fight.
Then he turned and got way.
Later an endurance attacked, the alligance managed to break the shields after awhile and destroyed it.
So my question; how would a Nebula perform against it? I think it shouldn’t be able to frontal1vs1 it, but with micro management may be able to defeat it.
The Nebula is 8.500 and the alligance 11.000(9.500 in skirmish), but the Nebula also carries bombers and fighters. Not many so I might not make a difference if we count them in.

Fighters and Bombers tend to wreck Allegiances and sometimes you cant control them.

June 01, 2018, 05:39:22 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 05:39:22 PM »

The AI does not use the boarding shuttles.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 05, 2018, 01:24:33 AMReply #3

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • We're the Spark that'll burn down the First Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 01:24:33 AM »
To me, they are both Tied overall. The Allegiance-Class Battle Cruiser may have more Firepower and more Broadside Capabilities, but it has ZERO Bomber/Fighter Support (Think of it as an upgraded Bittersweet version of the Tector ISD). The Nebula may be smaller and have less weaponry, but it comes with Bomber/Fighter Support and you gotta love them Mon Calamari Shielding! In the end, It would be a very close match but I decided to make it a Draw seeing as both have one thing that can counter each other.   
DemonKingDan, King of the Demons

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!