Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: [Release] Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War 2.2: The Warlords  (Read 14149 times)

April 12, 2018, 01:01:16 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile

...Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War...

Conquer the galaxy in the aftermath of the Battle of Endor as any of 8 playable factions, with an era-based progression system- the fledgling New Republic which has formed out of the Rebel Alliance, the fracturing Galactic Empire, the secretive Empire of the Hand, the warlike and xenophobic Duskhan League, and four different Imperial Warlord factions (the Pentastar Alignment, Eriadu Authority, Warlord Zsinj, and Greater Maldrood).
Play with hundreds of units and heroes in skirmish and 19 new galactic conquest scenarios, including several historical scenarios encapsulating various different conflicts in the Star Wars: Legends universe.

For those who have played previous versions, the mod has essentially been entirely rebuilt, so providing a specific changelog isn't especially feasible- this is a rough overview, and the Readme goes a bit more in depth.

...What's New in 2.2...
Greater Maldrood, Zsinj's Empire, and Eriadu Authority Added as Playable Factions
Dozens of Redone and Updated Ship and Vehicle Models (ISD, Lancer, Mon Calamari Cruisers, Lucrehulk, and many more)
Many New Ships, Heroes and Vehicles (Secutor, Raider, Procursator, Dauntless, Bellator, and many more)
Several New Galactic Conquests Added
Era-System Overhauled, Allowing Different Ways to Progress, and New Consequences
All Existing Galactic Conquest Scenarios Overhauled, With More Story Events
Projectile Visuals Overhauled
Redone Skydomes, Ground Textures and Asteroid Fields
Overhauled AI to Take Advantage of Mod Features, Without Ridiculous Cheating
New Abilities and Features, Including Single-Unit Retreat, and Boarding
Dozens of New, Updated and Redone Maps
Updated Icons for 4K Monitors
Basically, everything

With previous versions we've included a manual- this is coming, but unfortunately we were unable to finish it in time for the release, so once it's finished, it'll be uploaded separately.

[Download Imperial Civil War 2.2 - Steam Workshop]
[Download Imperial Civil War 2.2 - ModDB (GoG, Retail)]

For installation instructions, see the readme, or watch a tutorial video by clicking here.

Currently, the mod is only available in English- if you are interested in helping translate the mod into another language, please email us at ThrawnsRevenge@gmail.com, or contact me directly on Discord, ModDB, or the TR site.

In order to deal with EaW's save-load problem until Petroglyph can release a proper patch, we have also removed or omitted some things (used some lower res textures, left out new Voice Overs, etc) until that gets fixed in order to help stability. If and when that gets fixed, we should be able to pretty quickly re-add those elements to the patched versions.

2.2 is effectively a complete overhaul of Thrawn's Revenge, and during its development, we've been building the base from which we'll continue to polish and expand the mod. Because of the extent to which we've changed how everything works, even with the long testing period we've been through, we're sure plenty of issues will arise- if you happen to come across any significant issues, we ask that you please report them in the tech support section on our forums.

We've also already begun planning the next steps for the mod, which we've covered more in-depth in a previous news post, which you can read by clicking here. In the shorter-term, however, we have some plans for supporting the mod with any issues that arise in the immediate future. With the Steam Workshop, we'll be able to immediately push updates for that version as they happen in terms of bug fixes and balance changes, since the workshop allows automatic updates- one of our primary focuses in that respect will be keeping balance patches regularly coming to help support multiplayer. It's a bit more difficult with the other kinds of downloads, so our plan there is to compile more of those updates over the space of about a month and have a more comprehensive patch release which can be downloaded separately.

...Multiplayer Community Matches & Future Version Previews...

One of our other goals, now that Petroglyph has re-enabled multiplayer for EaW via Steam, is to run regular multiplayer community matches. I will be mostly running this through my YouTube channel, where I'll also be continuing to do preview playthroughs and videos of upcoming versions of Imperial Civil War, Ascendancy, and soon, Fall of the Republic, our Clone Wars mod. The channel can be found at https://www.youtube.com/c/coreyloses . The plan is to have these matches happen roughly once per week. Basically, I will schedule the events (and update the main menu with the date for the next one on the workshop version), and host all the matches live on stream. Once I open the lobbies, anyone will be free to join. We've been doing this pretty regularly for 2.15 for the last few months, and it's been a lot of fun. It also provides valuable balancing feedback, which as I said earlier, will be acted on pretty regularly (along with the addition of new maps) on the Steam Workshop copy of the mod.

The first full community matches will take place Monday, April 16th at 5pm EST, and Saturday, April 21st at 2pm EST. We may woirk in a few to our release day dev stream today at 5pm EST, however.

You can also join the CGB Discord server, where there are channels dedicated to the Thrawn's Revenge mods and organizing other matches: https://discord.gg/t3WJugG

Finally, we want to thank everyone for their patience and support during the development of 2.2, especially to all those who participated in the open beta testing over the last two months- it's been a long time since the last release, and we especially appreciate everyone's understanding with the delay while we attempted to mitigate the problems caused by the EaW save-load issue. We hope 2.2 is worth the wait, and we hope to continue improving the mod even more in future releases.

- The Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War Development Team -

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 12, 2018, 01:13:14 PMReply #1

Offline Maxiig

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Thrawn's Revenge: Imperial Civil War 2.2: The Warlords
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »
Oh yes, awesome! I've been waiting so long for this. Thanks!

Btw is there any info on when the steamversion will be updated?
"All Crafts - Attack!"

April 12, 2018, 01:19:37 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:19:37 PM »
Yes, 5 minutes ago.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 12, 2018, 01:55:46 PMReply #3

SilverShadow32

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 01:55:46 PM »
It is not launching on Steam.  The launch is set up for STEAMMOD=1125571106, but the game does not start.

April 12, 2018, 02:09:37 PMReply #4

Offline Legostarwarseu

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 02:09:37 PM »
Looks absolutely amazing. Spotted some initial bugs (to be helpful I hope, not nitpicking!)

1. The death clone of the Battle Dragon has a missing texture
2. Raid fleets just stay still, and don't attack
3. Bossk appears as buildable under the 'capital ship' tag for the Eriadu Authority
4. In the Endor Aftermath GC, when playing as the Eriadu Authority (if relevant) the AI doesn't seem to attack or move when you jump into battle. They just stay still
5. Governor Lobax Resuun has a MISSING text file under what he commands
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 02:13:41 PM by Legostarwarseu »

April 12, 2018, 03:23:16 PMReply #5

Offline taupin121

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-4
  • Solo Command
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 03:23:16 PM »

Congrats !

April 12, 2018, 05:03:55 PMReply #6

SilverShadow32

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 05:03:55 PM »
Was able to get it working on Steam by uninstalling the game and reinstalling, then adding the mod.  The game looks beautiful!  Playing through Art of War with the Republic and cannot bring units to Maw.  Maw on the map is blinking.  Not sure what that means.

April 12, 2018, 05:39:58 PMReply #7

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 05:39:58 PM »
Playing through Art of War with the Republic and cannot bring units to Maw.  Maw on the map is blinking.  Not sure what that means.
Red flashing planets are locked until story events in the GC unlock them.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

April 12, 2018, 10:17:16 PMReply #8

Colton Elkins

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 10:17:16 PM »
I can’t seem to advance the story I killed state pestage on coruscant and Izard appeared and disappeared and I’ve scouted every imperial planet and she isn’t on any of them is this a known issue and if so how do I fix it

April 15, 2018, 02:12:24 AMReply #9

Ashman

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 02:12:24 AM »
Hi, have loved the mod for some time and am really stoked for the new version.

I was curious - I haven't seen it explained anywere despite looking (apologies if I missed it): what is the green 'freestore' thing  that appears on ground units? I guess it's a new gameplay mechanic.

Many thanks

April 15, 2018, 06:51:44 AMReply #10

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 06:51:44 AM »
I was curious - I haven't seen it explained anywere despite looking (apologies if I missed it): what is the green 'freestore' thing  that appears on ground units? I guess it's a new gameplay mechanic.
That's a debug function of the base game which essentially states what the AI is doing with any particular unit at that moment.  It was left turned on by accident.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

April 15, 2018, 01:19:46 PMReply #11

Ashman

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »
Ah, thank you. I was thinking it was like an upkeep cost thing e.g., Stormtrooper battalion garrisoning a planet had free upkeep but required payment if they were space-side or such. :)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!