Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Corporations.  (Read 4584 times)

February 06, 2018, 03:12:18 PM

Offline t78

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Corporations.
« on: February 06, 2018, 03:12:18 PM »
Out of sheer interest, do you have any plans to include corporations similar to KDY/ Mon Cal? Perhaps Baktoid and Rothana? (presumably the corporation-heavy CIS would get only 1 or 2 for balance)

February 06, 2018, 03:46:06 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Corporations.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 03:46:06 PM »
Yep, generally with stuff like that anything in ICW will also be in FotR, unless there's a good reason for it not to be. With corporations specifically, the CIS is a great place to expand on that if we can.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 12, 2018, 02:30:05 AMReply #2

Offline fireball900

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 02:30:05 AM »
Do the AI take advantage of (or even build) Corporations?

March 01, 2018, 10:41:41 AMReply #3

Offline dajosh42069

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Republic of Independent Systems
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 10:41:41 AM »
I was noticing in 2.2, just how many 'Corporations' have been added to TR. It's actually a really cool feature that I'm really looking forward to getting to try out! :D
Should be pretty amazing in FotR as well, considering that it's the same Dev/modding team! The new Venator, and Lucrehulk models look pretty amazing!
Republic of Independent Systems will rise.

March 08, 2018, 12:49:24 AMReply #4

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • We're the Spark that'll burn down the First Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 12:49:24 AM »
Having Corporations is a great idea, in TR, they give MAJOR Discount bonuses to certain ships and units, like KDY discounts all Star-Destroyer units and such, same goes with Mon Calamari and their discounts for their MC-Star Cruisers. Would we see discounts for units like the Venator for the Republic and Lucrehulks for the CIS by chance?
DemonKingDan, King of the Demons

March 08, 2018, 03:07:49 AMReply #5

Offline Fonnipawan

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 03:07:49 AM »
I have learned many things. It is very good for me to read it.

March 08, 2018, 01:01:11 PMReply #6

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 01:01:11 PM »
Do the AI take advantage of (or even build) Corporations?
Bob is currently working on getting the AI to do just that, amongst other AI amendments.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

March 09, 2018, 02:16:41 PMReply #7

Offline t78

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 02:16:41 PM »
I've been thinking about corporations, and wondered if a little economic management could be introduced through them. Nothing too big, but perhaps:

Grant license/ Denationalise- discounts reasonable and some extra income.
Nationalise- Extra income goes, but discounts increase.

Nationalising permits-

Merger- Corporations that are known to cooperate are able to merge. One loses some discounts, while the other gains (predetermined). Only a few choices would be given, so KDY could merge with Sienar, but not Mon Cal. Splitting up corporations (and then denationalising them) is possible, but expensive. Choose your policy wisely!

The New Republic could be better at denationalising, the empire better at nationalising, and Zinj at merging. (presumably through cost)

It is probably way too complicated, but I am just putting it out there.

March 13, 2018, 08:35:01 PMReply #8

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 08:35:01 PM »
Exactly, how many corporations are there going to be. From my knowledge of the Republic and CIS, there were at least 12 MAJOR Corporations during the time of the Clone Wars (Sienar Fleet Systems, KDY, Rendeili StarDrive (made Dreadnought-Class heavy cruisers), the Trade Federation, the InterGalactic Banking Clan, Incom-FreiTek, etc.) Would they be separated into Land and Space Corporations and give discount to Land and Space Units? I would like to see something similar to that.

March 13, 2018, 11:34:46 PMReply #9

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 11:34:46 PM »
Fall of the Republic corporations haven't been planned in great detail yet. They'll use the same system as ICW, which is heavily dependent on the faction unit rosters. That means the Trade Federation and IGBC proper are unlikely, but Baktoid Armor Workshop and Haor Chall Engineering will be present.

March 18, 2018, 02:52:07 AMReply #10

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 02:52:07 AM »
Well, it still is in that "Early-To-Mid-Alpha-Stage" so I see you're point. If I ever get chosen as a Tester for Fall of the Republic, I'd probably first focus on the Corporations just so that everything is in perfect working order and this problem could be solved. Alas, I hope the Corporations are just as efficient as the ones in ICW ( Great Job on those by the way! ) and who knows, maybe you guys could sort-of implement ground based Corporations into FoTR (Kaminoen Cloning Facilities on Kamino, Geonosian Battle Droid Foundries on Geonosis, stuff like that).

March 18, 2018, 11:58:05 AMReply #11

Offline Jorritkarwehr

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 11:58:05 AM »
Several corporations do have ground based effects, including KDY in 2.15 and new groups like SoroSuub and Incom. They way Star Wars companies work  means they rarely make exclusively ground vehicles, but there are cases like Yutrane Trackata that don't benefit any space units. FotR will work the same way, so Haor Chall will affect both hailfires and Munificents.

March 20, 2018, 06:09:07 PMReply #12

Offline DemonKingDan

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 06:09:07 PM »
Oh! Splendid then! I shall await to see these Corporations in FoTR! Also quick question, will there be any independent corporations in FoTR? Like Neutral Planets will have their own Corporations that produce ships for them?

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!