Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Dark Times are ahead for Star Wars  (Read 11454 times)

January 29, 2018, 04:55:19 PMReply #40

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Times are ahead for Star Wars
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2018, 04:55:19 PM »
If you look at the reviews it’s almost obvious that bots where used to give TLJ bad reviews so there’s no way to solve it and make sure it was accurate
Can i point out that reports are reports. Your complain Xizer is using something that stats that are not "completely accurate" and then you use something that is not completely true. As someone who knows how rotten tomatoes works they have a system in place to both detect bots, and troll posts. So no, you are incorrect, but i will see at least maybe 1-5% of the reviews could be trolls. However that is not enough to lower the films audience score that low, so yes acutal people that are not s posted legit reviews that gave it a low score.

As for TFA this is a simple reason. If was given the benefit of the doubt, people say okay that's cool and they get a chance and most like it(I did not because the more i watched it the more it bother me, compare to TLJ which i liked even more every time i see it) So yeah the reviews are 100% accurate but they represent alot of perple

Rotten Tomato has counter measures to both bots and trolls Mr.Puerto. It always has. And while i will agree some can split through the cracks you have to understand people have legitment critiisms and those are weighted in. After i personally took the time reading throught about 100 reviews out of all of them, three came off as suspioucs, but that does not mean they are bots. Again reports are reports and since all we hvae is claims then we have nothing. As far as we can tell those reviews are pretty much the real deal. And at the same time this film did have reasons not to like it(I personally enjoyed it). I think people just need to accept that is a almost accurate score(I like to asume its about 1-3% off the real score.).
So while the Rotten Tomato score is 48% now i think it is mostly in reality in between a 49-54% if we assume some "Groups" or bots slipped through the cracks (this is coming from someone who enjoyed the movie.)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:45:35 PM by Illidan Stormrage »
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

January 29, 2018, 06:10:01 PMReply #41

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Times are ahead for Star Wars
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2018, 06:10:01 PM »
The same forces that pushed these genera to deaths door are being reflected directly in the superhero genera and Disney is planning MULTIPLE film releases PER year of SW. TFA didn't do great because it was a superior film, it did so because of nostalgia, not having direct competition and a decad break in SW. While TLJ got many views it received a 49% rating because unlike TFA it didn't have the gap. And that is now, wait til  we have 3 or more films a year. SW will cease being a phenomenon and become mundane mass produced normalcy  until it dies from lack of profit.

I agree that oversaturation is a danger - I simply don't think it is an inevitable one.  I don't see any credible reports that Disney is planning to start putting out multiple Star Wars films per year, so I'm going to need a source on that claim, and without multiple movies per year oversaturation is a lot less likely to become a problem.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!