Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Is the First Order the real threat?  (Read 3970 times)

October 09, 2017, 10:37:15 PM

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
Is the First Order the real threat?
« on: October 09, 2017, 10:37:15 PM »
So the new last Jedi trailer came out and it is fantastic. I love the cool shots and the great locations. However something interest me.
I personally don't think the First Order is the real threat in episode 8 or 9
signs point to something else.
1. John Boyegar describes episode 9 not as the a grand finale conflict between the ressitance and the First Order, But as a "War to end all wars, where life itself is at stake"
2. They tease this destiny thing with Ben Solo(Kylo Ren) and Rey. Snoke seems like the threat but we still don't know what he plans on doing or what his purpose is.
3. Books like Aftermath(As much as I hate those books) and Thrawn(10/10 must read) something larger was out their and was considered a great threat to papaltine and it generally concerned Thrawn.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 09, 2017, 10:45:27 PMReply #1

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: Is the First Order the real threat?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:45:27 PM »
This makes more sense the more I read it.... Something could very well be up.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

October 10, 2017, 07:43:31 AMReply #2

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 07:43:31 AM »
fingers crossed for that we may see the Yuuzhan Vong in Episode 9.

If they would bring them in even Jar Jar Arbams couldn't mess that up... could he??

October 10, 2017, 01:57:07 PMReply #3

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:57:07 PM »
wait... if 9 is a SW great war... will we see a second great galactic war? because war to end all wars in our timeline; caused WW2. Theory: EP9 woun't be the end
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

October 10, 2017, 05:44:37 PMReply #4

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »
wait... if 9 is a SW great war... will we see a second great galactic war? because war to end all wars in our timeline; caused WW2. Theory: EP9 woun't be the end
well I'm mean it is really obvious that another trilogy will happen.
I just think that the First Order isn't as big as a threat as whatever Thrawn, The Emperor, and even some Aftermath Characters pointing out.

I think whoever snoke is ties into this. Maybe snoke is playing the resistance and First order against each other in order to pave the way for the invasion of another force.... maybe the Young, but then again wouldn't that be too easy?
I mean maybe as some theorists have suggested it could be that another Imperial faction joins the fray. we already know of Imperial Remnants that are out there, and most don't agree with the First Order(or are fond of them). Maybe Thrawn Could lead a Imperial army against both factions?
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 11, 2017, 05:00:44 AMReply #5

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:00:44 AM »
Maybe Thrawn Could lead a Imperial army against both factions?

Hmm i don't know.
He would have definitly the Skills to pull something like that off.

But im not sure he fits into the Timeline, 30 Years after much nonsense i would guess he went back to his People after the Empire lost.

October 11, 2017, 11:11:56 AMReply #6

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 11:11:56 AM »
Hmm i don't know.
He would have definitly the Skills to pull something like that off.

But im not sure he fits into the Timeline, 30 Years after much nonsense i would guess he went back to his People after the Empire lost.
The whole thing is nonsensical in the timeline really. They skip story import and logic to just cut to, oh this is the Empire 2.0, just accept it, they have larger walkers, a bigger death star, a taller Palpatine and annoying Vader wannabe...ACCEPT IT
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 11, 2017, 01:17:18 PMReply #7

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 01:17:18 PM »
It's not going to be Thrawn. He's too good of a villain to be used in a movie. Disney won't use him due to their favor of humans over aliens in general. In addition he fights to win, not for life.

It won't be the Vong. Too alien to be used, still non canon, too dark for Disney (lol), and still too much focus on the FO (and the increasingly xenophobic interpretation of the new canon dark side).

I could be wrong. I'm basing all this on previous responses, I'm don't even know whose quotes you're talking about.

But either the FO going to set off Star Crusher torpedoes to destroy the galaxy to kill "the rebellion" forever, or Snoake is going to use force drain on the galaxy as his end plan, Vitiate style.

October 11, 2017, 08:25:47 PMReply #8

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 08:25:47 PM »
Then the two main questions are this.
Who is Snoke?
and
What is this threat to the galaxy Thrawn, The Emperor, and many other characters talk about.

also a minor one.
Where is the story taking Eli Vantro?
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 12, 2017, 07:54:51 AMReply #9

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 07:54:51 AM »
Most of my remarks are based off a partical observation of Disney's film making and marketing decisions, not the New Canon. So unless JJ suddenly (or the screne writers, R1 doesn't count) care for their EU, still going to be thinking the end of the galaxy route.

Snoke is simply an old darksider from the Clone Wars period who decided to make his own Darth Vader. I doubt he's more special than that.

As for the threat outside the galaxy, unless there's been more information about it, it's the Dark Side's host organism. The whole stupid idea the Dark Side comes from outside the galaxy, (which is xenophobic and ironic on the writer's part as heck) will probably just turn out to be some giant planet eating worm or something stupid that shoots out microscopic parasites that form, guess what, the dark side.

October 13, 2017, 11:58:48 PMReply #10

Offline Jesse220

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 11:58:48 PM »
The First Order is definitely a real threat.

November 14, 2017, 12:29:20 AMReply #11

Offline Ordinarygamer96

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 12:29:20 AM »
My theory on what is going to end up happening in episode 9 based on some of the books and hints. In thrawn's book we learn that he is trying to essentially prepare the galaxy for some outside threat the chiss ascendancy is fighting. This is pre-yavin. Palpatine knows about the threat to and also has apparently been searching for the source of the force itself. I think Snoke is the leader or a vanguard for whatever the outside threat is (I would love vong but they can't put a race of bloodthirsty self-mutilating religious fanatics in a movie) and also potentially the physical manifestation of the dark side of the force just as the Bendu is for the gray side. I assume between Yavin and Force Awakens the chiss ascendancy falls leaving the galaxy open for Snoke to come into play. We know the First Order apparently got their start as a special imperial force the empire made to explore other galaxies and conquer them if the main galaxy fell. I think the First Order engaged Snoke and ended up falling under his influence.  As some have said I suspect Thrawn is somewhere out there leading a imperial remnant seeking to topple Snoke and reunite what is left of the Empire. Thrawn doesn't give a crap who rules after the threat to the chiss is dealt with. He will likely side with the resistance and any in the First Order who have come to oppose Snoke's bloodthirst.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!