Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: [Release] Star Wars: Ascendancy 1.1  (Read 4073 times)

August 19, 2017, 10:17:19 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
[Release] Star Wars: Ascendancy 1.1
« on: August 19, 2017, 10:17:19 AM »
...Ascendancy 1.1 Release...

The Emperor has fallen, and the Empire is in shambles after their defeat at Endor. Play as the New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Empire of the Hand or Pentastar Alignment, each with their own unique ships, heroes and tech trees to reunite the Star Wars galaxy under your rule.

It's been some time since our last release, and basically all facets of the mod have changed. Doing a full changelog would be next to impossible, so here's a general overview of some of the mor major changes.

...Major Changes in 1.1...
Overhauled menu and HUD UI to be more aesthetically appealing and user friendly (including map pips)
Several random events and encounters, including shipyard worlds, the Katana fleet, and Ssi-Ruuvi invasion events
Several unique research options added for each faction. All factions now have 100-110 research subjects.
Added heroes for all factions, including Han Solo in the Millenium Falcon, and Emperor Palpatine in the Eclipse
Added upkeep costs directly to ships, helping to address resource snowballing
New Map: Balance Point, re-added support for Random maps
Art assets remade for several units, including the Bellator-class SSD and Procursator
Several new units, including the Peltast-class Star Destroyer and Raider-class Corvette
New stations for Remnant (Cardan-class), Alignment (Validusia-class) and Hand (Oto-class)
Many bug fixes and balance changes

[Download Ascendancy 1.1 - ModDB]

I have made a tutorial video on my youtube channel, Corey Loses, for those who don't know how to install the mod, which you can find by clicking here.

I plan to regularly organize community matches through that youtube channel as well. These matches will be scheduled in advance and livestreamed while they're happening. In addition to being announced on the forums, Mod Database and YouTube channel, they will also be announced on the Corey Loses & GB Gaming Discord server, which now has a section dedicated to Thrawn's Revenge discussion. To join that server, simply click the icon below.

There are still two art assets we were unable to finish in time for the release, the Wild Karrde and TIE Droid, so currently they're still using some palceholder assets (Corellian Corvette and TIE Fighter). The models are done, but the textures are still in progress. Since we plan to have another release in a couple months, we decided it wasn't worth holding back the release for those just yet, and their updated art will be in the next version. We'll have an overview post about version 1.15 soon, however we're trying something with this development cycle we've not done before. While it will be a relatively short window between 1.1 and 1.15, those who wish to play through the build as it happens will be able to. The subforum and repository we set up for the 1.1 beta process will be kept live throughout development, and as features get ready for testing, we'll by updating that repository as we go. For full instructions on how to gain access, click here.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:43:12 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 22, 2017, 03:11:34 PMReply #1

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
Re: [Release] Star Wars: Ascendancy 1.1
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:11:34 PM »
This was Interesting to read but I do hope to get this game and mod soon.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!