Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Empire at War FoC help  (Read 2581 times)

June 05, 2017, 02:39:00 PM

Offline NamesJeff

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • God Emperor
    • View Profile
Empire at War FoC help
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:39:00 PM »
I need some help with my empire at war FoC game. I somehow broke FoC on my computer. I made a steam post about this issue and so far I have not been able to fix it. I wanted to ask the Thrawn's revenge community for help. I'll start off this thread with coping everything from my steam post to explain my issue.

Original post: "I have been playing the game for a while without any issues launching the game. I took about a two day break from the game and when I got back, force of corruptions will not load. I reinstalled the game which didn't help. What happens is after I select forces of corruption in the menu that pops up when launching the game, "running" appears next to the game title in my steam library and then syncing. Then syncing disappears and nothing happens after that. I can launch the game without FoC just fine in steam and using the .exe. Also, using the FoC .exe brings me to the base game without the expansion. I'm using no mods or any altering in the game files. I have restarted steam and my computer multiple times and I tried running steam as an admin."

"I made progress... I think. Now when I launch FoC, Eaw without the expansion launches. I have uninstalled the game many times and reinstalled and made sure that all game files where deleted."

"Also the program FoC is not listed under installed programs on the computer but Empire at War gold pack is."

I have been trying to use my EaW disk as well but it is not letting me install the game and the launcher says the game can be uninstalled. Trying to uninstall the game through the disk launcher did do anything so I deleted all of the files in the Lucusarts folder for empire at war and uninstall the program through the control panel. Currently, launching empire at war from steam brings me to empire at war without the expansion pack even when selecting the expansion pack. I know this isn't related to thrawns revenge but there isn't very many communities where empire at war is popular.

June 05, 2017, 04:19:25 PMReply #1

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Empire at War FoC help
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 04:19:25 PM »
How are you trying to launch Forces of Corruption?  Since the last Steam client update I have noticed myself that I am now unable to launch FOC from the right-click list on the system tray icon (previously that would give a pop-up to choose EAW/FOIC, but no longer).  I've been able to launch FOC from my Library though, by right-clicking on Empire at War and choosing Forces of Corruption from that menu.

It's a retrograde step IMO, and quite a frustrating one.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

June 05, 2017, 05:12:37 PMReply #2

Offline NamesJeff

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • God Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Empire at War FoC help
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 05:12:37 PM »
I have been messing around with settings and I turned off running as admin through compatibility mode. This seems to make FoC launch just fine from the steam library when right clicking the game or launching the game then selecting FoC. I have no idea why running the game as an admin suddenly stopped FoC from working because it has always worked in the past. Thank you for you help anyways.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!