Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: The RP Thread  (Read 28948 times)

May 12, 2017, 08:29:43 AMReply #60

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Re: The RP Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2017, 08:29:43 AM »
(I would like to remark that no one needs to sit here constantly watching the thread to the detriment of their consumption of food. As my other RP group likes to say "food~" or "food is good.")

The starfighters and escape pods docked again onto the Grey Command, Ordo tapping his chair waiting for the Pheonix to pick up his comms. Falcon was in a meditative trance.

"Pick up curse it..."

May 12, 2017, 12:44:35 PMReply #61

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »
(Can I have some information on deaths pass?(o r whatever it's called) for instance, is there a small checkpoint or space station there?)

Well Death's pass is unknown to everyone including Madara's own crew (expect Captain Ordo. The coordinates are already put in a classified computer, and the route taken there is unknown to everyone and can't be tracked. There's a very specific reason for that, that I haven't elaborated on just yet. So no one can follow me just yet especially Adrian since his ship was disabled and the crew was ejected.

Anyway Death's Pass is a planet in the deep unknown regions from any civilization. It has defenses similar to Bastion or Byss at their heights. So there's no way to get in there, and only registered lifeforms are allowed.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 12, 2017, 01:18:26 PMReply #62

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
  • "Rule through Fear of Aggression"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »
(Well an Ion cannon can disable a ship only for so long and I've had it where Adrian has been following the trajectory of the fleet, at maybe their next destination in the unknown regions I could have them get lost or something?)
"History is on the move, and those who cannot keep up, will be left behind"
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 12, 2017, 01:54:19 PMReply #63

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2017, 01:54:19 PM »
OOC: So if Madara is the only one who has the location/coordinates, is the route they are taking pre-programmed into his fleet's navicomputers, or is his fleet slaved to the navicomp onboard his flagship?
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 12, 2017, 03:07:43 PMReply #64

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2017, 03:07:43 PM »
OOC: So if Madara is the only one who has the location/coordinates, is the route they are taking pre-programmed into his fleet's navicomputers, or is his fleet slaved to the navicomp onboard his flagship?
Hm I wonder indeed, I have been kinda of vague on certain things that will play into the story later.

(Well an Ion cannon can disable a ship only for so long and I've had it where Adrian has been following the trajectory of the fleet, at maybe their next destination in the unknown regions I could have them get lost or something?)

Ion cannon disables all electronics inside a ship due to it short circuiting everything. So unless you had an crew comprised of super skilled ship engineers and nothing else, maybe they could repair the ship within like a hour. Not enough time to track me though. Plus I'm taking a hint from the Rebellion and jumping to random places making myself untraceable.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:10:23 PM by Mr.Puerto »
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

May 12, 2017, 04:00:53 PMReply #65

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2017, 04:00:53 PM »
Hm I wonder indeed, I have been kinda of vague on certain things that will play into the story later.

Alright. Sounds good. I don't plan on getting your exact location BTW, so don't worry about that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:01:17 PM by Revanchist »
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 15, 2017, 08:18:31 PMReply #66

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:31 PM »
1 month has passed since the Madara incident, no one has been able to locate his or his massive fleets whereabouts, though there were some rumors floating about that some smugglers had seen a massive fleet warp in and out of random points in deep space. After his main fleet returned to Death's Pass Madara took a modified Bulk Cruiser back to his personal palace to his personal planet, the only known population (according to his higher ranking staff who had communicated with him via Holonet) was comprised of modified droids and Madara himself. Due to the fact that the planet had an extreme level of gravity.

Madara looked down the giant hole inside his palace, while it seemed like there was nothing stored in here there was something. A personal gift from the Emperor, he thought it was a waste, since the gift he gave Madara was already something Madara could do on his own. However, the Emperor knew nothing of Madara's true origins or powers  so there was no point of requesting a new gift. He found it ironic that he would give this gift to the New Republic, considering its origins and role in Galactic history. He watched his droids pack the material up and slowly transfer it to different containers which were marked and loaded to a transport. Then this transport go back into orbit and dock with the bulk cruiser and transfer the contents. Since this process would take a few days Madara saw no personal need to oversee this. So he went to the deeper part of his palace, walking seemly endless hallways, twists, turns and lifts back into his meditation chamber. He closed the door behind him, and when he began recalling the events that took place. He begun to laugh endlessly, this was part of something new.

May 16, 2017, 12:03:44 AMReply #67

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2017, 12:03:44 AM »
It was some time before Lieutenant Crispus stormed back to the bridge, her body language looking like someone who had finished fighting a hoard of Gundarks. "Sir, a moment of your time," she called.

"Yes , Lieutenant." Kast Nerix stood from his command chair and walked toward her. "I take it your discussion with Halifax went well?"

"If you ever ask me to speak to that man again, I'll vaporize you where you stand," she spat out. I suppose I deserve that one, after what he tried last time. "But yes, I have all the information on our favorite Moff right here." She thrust out a datapad.

"Excellent, excellent," Nerix said, beginning to scroll through the data. "Oh my . . . Yes, this will do nicely. Superb work, Lieutenant. What about my other request?"

Nerix thought Fara couldn't get angrier. He was wrong. "That little toad said he only owed us one favor, and that he would require additional payment for the other."

"I see, that does complicate matters," Kast replied. "I hope it won't cost too much to grease the wheels of Intelligence."

"No, I arranged payment already." She paused, then sighed. "Turns out he's currently stationed on a nearby planet. He wants me to meet with him in person." The bridge crew, trying to remain inconspicuous as they eavesdropped, suddenly erupted into half-stifled laughter. "Shut it!" Crispus barked.

"So in return for this da--er, meeting, he will uphold his end of the bargain?"

"Yes, but it will take some time for him to find the records. A lot was lost when Lusankya went down."

"Your sacrifices in the name of the Empire will not be forgotten, Lieutenant," Nerix said wryly. "In fact, would you like to accompany me to the conference room? I think it is time to talk to Lentao."

"I would love to; that's the best news I've heard all day." Turning, they both headed toward the bridge's exit.

One Month Later

The comms crackled to life. "Captain, shuttle Arginium has docked," the on-duty hangar tech announced.

Captain. It feels good to be back. "Acknowledged. See that Commander Crispus meets me in my ready room," Captain Kast Nerix replied as he exited the bridge. Since his most productive meeting with Moff Lentao, not only had his rank been restored, but his taskforce had been bolstered with the addition of a Tector and five Imperial II-class Star Destroyers. The success rate of strikes against New Republic invaders had skyrocketed. All-in-all things were going well. Despite this, Nerix couldn't shake the feeling of unease whenever he thought of the events the catalyzed it all. This is the first step towards reaching answers.

The ready room door slid open as Commander Fara Crispus entered. "Good afternoon, sir."

"Good afternoon, Commander; have a seat. I take it this date with Halifax was productive?"

"Not dates, weekly updates," she replied, almost a little too quickly. "He's actually been almost tolerable. I suppose being stuck on an uninhabited wasteland made him rethink things. But to answer your question, yes the meeting was quite productive. He finally managed to find the records of sleepers who were a part of the Grand Admiral's fleet."

"I assume he received a response from one of these?"

"Yes, sir he has. It came from the Deep Unknown Regions. Unfortunately, it's point of origin cannot be directly determined."

Nerix nodded. "Unfortunate, but expected. That area excels at masking anyone's location. Did we at least get a general region?"

"Yes, but it is quite large," Fara replied, handing him a datapad. "I don't know how much use it will be."

"That's all I need. Dismissed, Commander." She rose and left. Nerix sat a while longer, considering his next move. Then, standing he entered the bridge. It seems news has already spread among the bridge crew. They're buzzing with excitement "Lieutenant Relyr, is our sensor array prepared to transmit comms signals."

"Yes sir, it is."

"Ensign Beecher, send a wide range hail at this frequency to the following sector," Captain Nerix said, handing him a data-disc.

"Yes sir," Beecher responded. Inserting the disc, he frowned. "Are you sure about this, sir? Chances are at this frequency it'll be ignored as background radiation."

"I'm counting on that. There should only be one person who would notice that frequency." I'm certain Madara will wonder who used this frequency. He turned, sitting back into his command chair. "As soon as you receive a response, notify me and patch the signal into the conference room."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:37:10 AM by Revanchist »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 16, 2017, 11:26:08 AMReply #68

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »
(Well since Revan the Fire Mage never got back to me on Ordo hailing the Phoenix. For this next post feel free to decide what information can be found, Mr. Peurto. Unless you feel this is too rediculous and out of nowhere, I did have a more mundane idea in mind for the next actions of my characters.)

Genesis
Captain Ordo walked out of a shuttle, moving along the grassy streets of this immortal planet to a relatively simple suburban home. He knocked on the door softly, not surprised to see it being opened by a man with old looking eyes and brilliant yellow hair.

"Moriarty." Ordo said.

"Captain." The man replied. "Designation accepted. Come on in Mr. Canis, what brings you to my home?"

"I was hoping to learn about an area called Death's Pass. New Republic business, have a defecting Imperial Grand Admiral who wants to meet us there." Ordo replied. "Oh, and how's Casey?"

"Casey is fine, ever since I got her the stabilizer for her body." The man replied. "Out on a mission right now, with a replicator droid filling in for me. I hope she doesn't call." Ordo nodded in reply, to which the man took Ordo to the elevator, heading down to the second basement, a long dark hallway with a computer terminal at the end. The man flipped a switch, rows and rows of data servers lighting up.

"It'll take a minute for the rest of the system to come online." The man said heading to the terminal and using his thumb to activate it. The computer responded to his touch.

Welcome Talon Xaio Long.

And the immortal smuggler started a que for Death's near Madara's territory across records from thousands of govermnents over several thousand years.

---

Balmorra.

Falcon was on a speederbike, heading towards an overgrown building out in the middle of the hills, ignoring the massive lumbering beasts out there. His eyes flashed in recongition, Madara's face coming to the fullness of his mind, losing control of the bike, falling onto the ground. He picked himself up, to see a dead servant of the Emperor, a Sith Lord who died during the rule of the Dark Empire.

"You... You're not real." Falcon said.

"No. But I can be." The Sith replied igniting a blood red saber. Falcon drew his own blue, the two clashing with opposite stances. The Sith was a bastion of calm, drawing upon Falcon's anger, the Jedi screaming in primal rage. Through a quick duel Falcon beheaded the ghost, watching the head fall to the ground, smiling. Falcon walked into the house, disturbed at the sight, and went to the still secure datavault in the house, accessing the files for anything on Madara and Death's Pass from a former Director of Imperial Intelligence from the Dark Empire. In a similair hallway to Talon, booting up to the same OS and same greeting message.

Welcome, Director Gennstar Undying.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:05:03 PM by GreyStar »

May 16, 2017, 08:11:51 PMReply #69

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »
OOC: RWBY reference, eh GreyStar? Also Puerto, not sure if you want my character's convo with yours public to all or not, just lmk.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 17, 2017, 04:53:24 PMReply #70

Offline rednax

• Brevet Admiral
  • For the Pentastar Alignment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2017, 04:53:24 PM »
After about two seconds of thought, I realized that Chiss names are much too hard. Back to the drawing board.

(Edit: Chris to Chiss)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 05:19:32 PM by rednax »

May 17, 2017, 05:05:54 PMReply #71

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2017, 05:05:54 PM »
(Yes indeed a RWBY reference, my first thing of Star Wars RP was with a Yang Xaio Long. I decided to create Talon as a neat little thing for the long lived Jedi version of Yang to discover.)

May 17, 2017, 07:57:03 PMReply #72

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2017, 07:57:03 PM »
RWBY!!!!!!!!!!) [Yes I have returned my comrades, and now it is time once again to bleed on my keys as I type away]
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 17, 2017, 09:10:57 PMReply #73

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2017, 09:10:57 PM »
One Month Later

Adrian had been restless ever since the now infamously dubbed "Madara" incident in the Core Worlds, Adrian had received harsh criticism from higher ranking officers on his actions as he had put everyone in danger. He had to publicly state "I did what I thought was best for the Republic!" he shouted out at a jeering crowd of naval officers and crewmen alike. "Imagine a Executor Class Star Dreadnought arriving at Coruscant? What then?". His face became red as he continued on without relent, "I was willing to sacrifice my crew, my second in command, MYSELF, in an attempt to end this threat!, and what do I get for this heroic attempt? Jeers from a crowd who will never realize that I did what I could in that situation!"

It had been a week from that public appearance and Adrian looked worse for wear, he had let his clean shaven face grow a scruffy stubble. His eyes were bloodshot from the lack of sleep due to the huge receival of holo-net messages from friends and critics alike. Mitron had visited him earlier and had barely recognized his captain.

"S-Sir?" The Chiss asked tentatively, Adrian gave him a hard look that wasn't unkind just one filled with frustration. "What is it Mitron? Has the navy called for my retirement due to public outcry? Am I the new scapegoat of the Republic?" He chuckled sarcastically as he drank some more five credit worth coffee. "Actually sir I have a message from General Etahn A'baht"

Adrian now fiddled with the message in his hands contemplating on whether to play it or not, "A'baht is a sensible commander and he does owe me a favor from the Battle of Endor so why the hell not?" he muttered to himself as he inserted the message into his holo player. The usual blue staticky image flickered to life and Adrian waited for the usual official naval greeting in these messages to pass, after the greeting Adrian began to take another sip of his coffee when he heard the Dornean state something that made him spit out his coffee all over himself.

He sighed, not in contempt at his actions but in relief as he had a new purpose again. He messaged Mitron to begin preparing the Phoenix for launch. Adrian shaved quickly as he got his custom captain's uniform on and was out the door within ten minutes.

He made his way to the starport and keeping his head down he got a shuttle up to the docking station above Coruscant, the station was used for both civilian and military purposes and it saw the likes of Gozanti class transports docked right alongside humongous ships such as MC90's. Adrian walked briskly towards the military section of the station, he could see the red and grey outline of his ship docked along the station and a broad smile broke out on his face. He was under strict orders from boarding his ship but that wasn't going to stop him. His time as a professional smuggler had helped him become the master of disappearing and blending into big crowds. He used this skill as he pulled out his blaster and shot three shots straight into the ceiling to create mass chaos.

In the ensuing chaos as the security personal began to shove through the crowd to get the situation under control he slipped through the doors leading to his ship, he boarded the Phoenix and as the airlock doors began to close behind him he heard Mitron's friendly voice call out to him. "Commander, some of the new Fifth Battle Group have been placed under our orders, what are your commands?" Mitron asked as he began walking beside his old friend. Adrian responded with a fiery gleam in his eyes, "Tell them to begin undocking process and to jump to Bestine, and once they arrive they need to await my further orders." Mitron nodded and he began to run off to give the orders but turned around as he jogged away and asked "What's our call sign sir?" Adrian pondered for about a second and replied "Our call sign is Orinda Seven."

Mitron nodded and hustled off to begin carrying out his orders.

(I hope this is good)
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 17, 2017, 09:36:18 PMReply #74

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
I will respond in a couple minutes, and anything is fine, as long as it moves the story forward, and doesn't do anything overpowered. So like a super weapon on the level of sun crusher is not okay. Plus no "hidden hyperspace routes into my area." Like I said earlier Death's pass is the only way into that area.

May 17, 2017, 09:41:16 PMReply #75

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »
(How big would a fleet of 14 CR90s, 4 Hajens, 15 Qausers, 15 Dauntless, 4 MC90s, and 1 Endurance prototype be counted as? Also in the previous RP Yang was from a planet where the average human lived to 501 or such. Talon was just the logical extreme of that.)

Adrian recieved a large series of beeps on his personal holocomm not long after he boarded his ship.

May 17, 2017, 09:42:50 PMReply #76

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »
(Okay! anyone else can reply as well)
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 17, 2017, 09:46:16 PMReply #77

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2017, 09:46:16 PM »

Considering I'm using this fleet as a reference I would say that's fine. I'm just saying no fleets out of the realm of possibility.

May 17, 2017, 09:49:58 PMReply #78

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2017, 09:49:58 PM »
(That fleet may be a little big but I'm fine with it as long as everyone else is as well)

Adrian picked up his communicator as he felt the Phoenix launch from the space dock and the ship rocked violently, before answering the incoming message he relayed to the bridge over the intercom "Mitron god damn it keep the ship steady! I don't want our first action be that of repairing the ship if it rams into the station." Adrian heard a crackle of the intercom as Mitron made a hasty apology. Adrian shook his head, "He's nervous I can tell." He said quietly as he answered the incoming call. "Hello! If this is a message from the New Republic then I am not Adrian Dawn I am Ricardo Shilly Shally a basic smuggler, if this is a message from a friend then make it quick they will be monitoring this channel soon."
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

May 17, 2017, 10:05:15 PMReply #79

Offline RevanTheFireMage

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2017, 10:05:15 PM »
(THAT FLEET IS HUGE OMG..... Sorry overreaction I know but YOU ARE BASICALLY BLOTTING OUT THE SUN WITH ALL THOSE SHIPS)
"Fire Torpon Portedoes!"

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!