Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Your Name discussion (probably spoilers if anyone joins the chat)  (Read 2706 times)

April 15, 2017, 09:16:31 PM

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Has anyone seen the movie Your Name yet? It was so good I want to discuss it, so I wanted to see if anyone here has seen it or watches Anime.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 15, 2017, 11:23:16 PMReply #1

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Haven't seen it yet, but heard great things about it. I'll probably try to watch it this week if possible.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

April 15, 2017, 11:36:42 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Never even heard of it....
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

April 15, 2017, 11:53:14 PMReply #3

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Haven't seen it yet, but heard great things about it. I'll probably try to watch it this week if possible.
Its very good, and lives up to the hype. I would go watch it before it leaves the theater. I'm definitely going to pick it up when it gets a home release.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

April 16, 2017, 12:01:42 AMReply #4

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Never even heard of it....

Here you go, the plot appeals to everyone I think and its really hard to describe what type of movie it is. But overall it is a great movie, it might have a slow build up for those who want things at a faster pace, but that's the only flaw I could really see in the movie. I went in blind expect for watching these trailers and seeing people on twitter talk about how it was "amazing" and left the movie theater with a smile. I usually only go to the movies once or twice a year ( the movie I saw before this one was Rogue One) and it was definitely worth going to watch it on the big screen

April 16, 2017, 11:30:58 AMReply #5

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Ah, looks horrible IMO.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

April 16, 2017, 04:07:49 PMReply #6

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Ah, looks horrible IMO.
Its actually really good and its sitting with a 98 percent on rotten tomatoes. But I can understand if its not your cup of tea. Though I think the trailer really downplays the story.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!