Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Firearms!  (Read 4813 times)

February 19, 2017, 09:23:49 PM

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
Firearms!
« on: February 19, 2017, 09:23:49 PM »
Well I've been around guns my entire life, shooting them and such. I was wondering if any else on this page had them or experienced shooting them , and if so have this topic as a place of discussion. I will not tolerate any sort of political discussion,  harassment, or discussion of unsafe gun safety (depending on context). I want to have this page as a space to discuss firearms as a hobby and show that people are not total psychopaths with them. While I do enjoy political debates of any kind this topic is not the place for it. So if you have any opposition to this topic please create another topic or PM me, I'll be happy to have a friendly debate with anyone. If this topic gets any traction then I will post stuff about my firearms. Until then I want to gauge if there's any interest in it, so please comment down below!
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

February 20, 2017, 12:01:53 AMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Firearms!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 12:01:53 AM »
I grew up around them, used them too much while in the army.  I actually got to the point where I disliked them greatly in the army, and to this day while I'll occasionally go shooting with friends, I'm not a fan of them, and will probably never own one, unless it's something unique.

I actually am quite a good shot.  Once I got glasses that were a current subscription in the army, I was regularly hitting the targets at what would have qualified me at sharpshooter level.  Sadly, when we qualified in boot camp I still had my outdated civi glasses so I only qualified as...expert?  I think is one rank down.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 20, 2017, 11:35:47 AMReply #2

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »
I grew up around them, used them too much while in the army.  I actually got to the point where I disliked them greatly in the army, and to this day while I'll occasionally go shooting with friends, I'm not a fan of them, and will probably never own one, unless it's something unique.

I actually am quite a good shot.  Once I got glasses that were a current subscription in the army, I was regularly hitting the targets at what would have qualified me at sharpshooter level.  Sadly, when we qualified in boot camp I still had my outdated civi glasses so I only qualified as...expert?  I think is one rank down.
Yeah I can imagine growing to dislike them after any sort of military service. My grandfather who served with the Puerto Rican division (back when segregation was still around) and he's not very comfortable around guns. If you every want something somewhat unique and have small fortune (1000-2000 dollars) I would check CMP, old surplus M1s always go on sale there, that's where my dad got his. In Arizona old World War one guns are very common and are only like 100-400 bucks.
That's a really good shot, I've been trying to get my shooting skills refined but I can only go shooting so often.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

February 20, 2017, 04:49:24 PMReply #3

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:49:24 PM »
my house has around 40 to 50 guns in it.

February 20, 2017, 06:56:05 PMReply #4

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »
Well I've been around guns my entire life, shooting them and such. I was wondering if any else on this page had them or experienced shooting them , and if so have this topic as a place of discussion. I will not tolerate any sort of political discussion,  harassment, or discussion of unsafe gun safety (depending on context). I want to have this page as a space to discuss firearms as a hobby and show that people are not total psychopaths with them. While I do enjoy political debates of any kind this topic is not the place for it. So if you have any opposition to this topic please create another topic or PM me, I'll be happy to have a friendly debate with anyone. If this topic gets any traction then I will post stuff about my firearms. Until then I want to gauge if there's any interest in it, so please comment down below!

I grew up around them(and to a degree my current job demands proficiency with them) however I only collect and prefer to use older firearms. They have more personality and feel to them than the new plastic and fiber ones.
1888 Henry Martini
K-68 Swedish Mauser
K-98 German Mauser
1873 Colt Single Action Army Revolver
1852 Colt Open Top Revolver
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

February 20, 2017, 07:27:22 PMReply #5

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 07:27:22 PM »
Grew up in a family of cops, PMCs, firefighters and ex-military dudes, but didn't really touch guns until I was around 10 or 11.
I did shoot a couple shotguns and bolt-action rifles and have held "Heavy Artillery".
I've shot 22. Calbers and 38. shotguns. Damn good shot overtime of training.
I've held snub nose police revolvers, Grenades, M4s custom built as DMRS, M4s built for urban combat, M16s, Ak-47 Military design. Rocket Launchers, NYPD Grenade Launchers. 12. Shotguns, A French dagger with a mounted flintlock pistol, and Colt made M4s, M16s and revolvers.]

Ancestors fought in the American civil war on my mother's side. My family has seen a lot of shit guys, and have done shit we regret. My uncle has said he has killed a lot of people while working in the NYPD. My Grand parents told me that our Irish ancestors on my side were brutal fighters in the American Army. My grandfather claims that my ancestor fought at Gettysburg in the American Civil War. My Fathers side were mostly inventors and contractors but he rarely speaks on the matter. He Doesn't like to talk about it since he descend form Ukrainian ancestors which makes him talk about Russia which he HATES with a passion. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:38:46 PM by AdmrialThrawn2 »
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

February 20, 2017, 10:19:56 PMReply #6

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 10:19:56 PM »
my house has around 40 to 50 guns in it.
Dear lord man, that's a lot. Like that's a huge militia worth of guns there lol. If you don't mind me asking, nor getting to personal about it how were they acquired was it all over time or bought all at once. I would like to have a collection that size someday.

February 20, 2017, 10:23:17 PMReply #7

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 10:23:17 PM »
I grew up around them(and to a degree my current job demands proficiency with them) however I only collect and prefer to use older firearms. They have more personality and feel to them than the new plastic and fiber ones.
1888 Henry Martini
K-68 Swedish Mauser
K-98 German Mauser
1873 Colt Single Action Army Revolver
1852 Colt Open Top Revolver
I've been recently getting into older firearms as well and I almost bought a Mosin Nagant 91/40 in top condition, but the vendor became a dick and didn't give it to us. I think I'm going to grab a couple of Mausers and a Mosin Nagant later this month and restore them. The oldest gun in the family collection is the M1 Garand, shout out to CMP.

February 20, 2017, 10:24:31 PMReply #8

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 10:24:31 PM »
Grew up in a family of cops, PMCs, firefighters and ex-military dudes, but didn't really touch guns until I was around 10 or 11.
I did shoot a couple shotguns and bolt-action rifles and have held "Heavy Artillery".
I've shot 22. Calbers and 38. shotguns. Damn good shot overtime of training.
I've held snub nose police revolvers, Grenades, M4s custom built as DMRS, M4s built for urban combat, M16s, Ak-47 Military design. Rocket Launchers, NYPD Grenade Launchers. 12. Shotguns, A French dagger with a mounted flintlock pistol, and Colt made M4s, M16s and revolvers.]

Ancestors fought in the American civil war on my mother's side. My family has seen a lot of shit guys, and have done shit we regret. My uncle has said he has killed a lot of people while working in the NYPD. My Grand parents told me that our Irish ancestors on my side were brutal fighters in the American Army. My grandfather claims that my ancestor fought at Gettysburg in the American Civil War. My Fathers side were mostly inventors and contractors but he rarely speaks on the matter. He Doesn't like to talk about it since he descend form Ukrainian ancestors which makes him talk about Russia which he HATES with a passion.
That's interesting, where do you find a shooting range to shoot those things?

February 21, 2017, 09:41:40 AMReply #9

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 09:41:40 AM »
Dear lord man, that's a lot. Like that's a huge militia worth of guns there lol. If you don't mind me asking, nor getting to personal about it how were they acquired was it all over time or bought all at once. I would like to have a collection that size someday.

overtime, there are various stories. We got twenty from my grandfather

February 21, 2017, 01:44:12 PMReply #10

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 01:44:12 PM »
overtime, there are various stories. We got twenty from my grandfather
Damn man, well one day I hope I'll be able to have at least half of that collection

March 31, 2017, 07:22:21 PMReply #11

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 07:22:21 PM »
Small update, I have acquired a Moisn Nagant M91/30 and a Yugoslavian SKS, and I will probably collect older firearms due to Xizer's recommendations on older guns. In my research I found that Canada has a huge market for older firearms which only makes me want to obtain Dual Citizenship even more lol.

April 01, 2017, 12:35:52 AMReply #12

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 12:35:52 AM »
Somehow I posted in the completely wrong thread. No one will miss this post if it is deleted. Apologies.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!