Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Thrawn  (Read 2356 times)

November 21, 2016, 02:41:59 PM

Offline IffyCougar832

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Thrawn
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:41:59 PM »
Thrawn is, by far, my favorite character in Star Wars. However, as a hero in this game, he is fairly weak. His ship is only an Imperial Star Destroyer, with no special abilities related to Thrawn himself. I believe that this could be corrected in some way, and would greatly enjoy using him if he actually felt like a hero. Currently the only thing I have ever used Thrawn for is as a scout, which I subsequently sacrifice to get better technology.

There are several things that could be used for him:
Micro-Jump- an interesting ability that could be very usefull
Cloaking- very usefull for scouting, escaping, and surprise attacks
Strategy- the simple fact that Thrawn is there. All friendly ships recieve a boost to certain stats.

Of course there are any number of abilities that could be applies to him, and I have certainly not listed all of them, or even given proper examples of what could be done with those that I have listed. The point is, though, that Thrawn is fairly weak and useless currently, and I believe that this should be corrected.

November 21, 2016, 02:56:47 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thrawn
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:56:47 PM »
Thrawn is, by far, my favorite character in Star Wars. However, as a hero in this game, he is fairly weak. His ship is only an Imperial Star Destroyer, with no special abilities related to Thrawn himself. I believe that this could be corrected in some way, and would greatly enjoy using him if he actually felt like a hero. Currently the only thing I have ever used Thrawn for is as a scout, which I subsequently sacrifice to get better technology.

There are several things that could be used for him:
Micro-Jump- an interesting ability that could be very usefull
Almost completely useless in the context of this game engine.
Cloaking- very usefull for scouting, escaping, and surprise attacks
Also something his ISD never had the ability to do, so would make no sense for him to have it implemented
Strategy- the simple fact that Thrawn is there. All friendly ships recieve a boost to certain stats.
This is already implemented in the hero bonus.

Of course there are any number of abilities that could be applies to him, and I have certainly not listed all of them, or even given proper examples of what could be done with those that I have listed. The point is, though, that Thrawn is fairly weak and useless currently, and I believe that this should be corrected.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

November 21, 2016, 04:25:49 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 04:25:49 PM »
When Thrawn is present, your ships are 1.5-2x as effective in pretty much every possible way. Pretty far from useless, and I'd argue way more useful than any arbitrary upgrade to the Chimera itself would be. Also, keep in mind that abilities in EaW are pretty limited.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:28:04 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 22, 2016, 01:26:21 AMReply #3

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 01:26:21 AM »
Speaking of Thrawn and the Chimaera, there is a new pretty sleek SW Rebels design for the Chimaera:

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/reb_ca_2032_4d4e210d.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C567
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

November 22, 2016, 01:04:32 PMReply #4

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 01:04:32 PM »
Speaking of Thrawn and the Chimaera, there is a new pretty sleek SW Rebels design for the Chimaera:

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/reb_ca_2032_4d4e210d.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1280%2C567
I don't think that's the Chimaera. The title on the artwork is Wolf, which is probably the canon version of Grey Wolf.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

November 22, 2016, 03:47:36 PMReply #5

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »
All of the behind the scenes artworks have "Wolf" as seen here: http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/iron-squadron-behind-the-scenes-gallery

Dave Filoni just like Wolves so I guess that's the production code.
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!