Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: ICW Daily Screenshots Thread  (Read 64095 times)

July 16, 2017, 02:00:34 AMReply #60

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
Re: ICW Daily Screenshots Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2017, 02:00:34 AM »
All the ships look awsome, can't wait to try them in action!! I like seeign the battlefront 2 ship in there too
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

July 21, 2017, 04:32:51 AMReply #61

Offline The Fist Of Justice

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • I will build an Empire to conquer all Empires.
    • View Profile
    • That EAW Imgur profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2017, 04:32:51 AM »
Knickers tells me I don't post in here enough. Forgive the Steam jpg compression, but the new Eclipse is now in ICW as well.

As Director Krennic once said.

"Oh, it's beautiful."
Commander of the Strike Cruiser Relentless. Soon the leader of a new Empire.

July 21, 2017, 06:43:48 AMReply #62

Offline The Fist Of Justice

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • I will build an Empire to conquer all Empires.
    • View Profile
    • That EAW Imgur profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2017, 06:43:48 AM »
Isolder fighting the good fight.

Down with Zsinj.
Commander of the Strike Cruiser Relentless. Soon the leader of a new Empire.

July 24, 2017, 10:53:54 AMReply #63

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »
Knickers tells me I don't post in here enough. Forgive the Steam jpg compression, but the new Eclipse is now in ICW as well.

HOLY CRAP looks amazing. will all the other units get new models 2.2/2.3? because i want to see a new viscount model that is as good as these
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

July 26, 2017, 02:09:14 PMReply #64

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2017, 02:09:14 PM »
There's absolutely no way all the models will be redone for 2.2/2.3. We decide which ones need it most (or which ones any of us wanna do most) and prioritize it that way. There are literally hundreds of models in the mod made over the course of 11 years (and when we had lower skill levels and fewer commitments, they took less time to do), there's no way we'd be able to redo all of them in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:38:55 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 26, 2017, 11:26:52 PMReply #65

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2017, 11:26:52 PM »
There's absolutely no way all the models will be redone for 2.2 2.3. We decide which ones need it most (or which ones any of us wanna do most) and prioritize it that way. There are literally hundreds of models in the mod made over the course of 11 years (and when we had lower skill levels and fewer commitments, they took less time to do), there's no way we'd be able to redo all of them in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time.

DO ALL THE THINGS! (lol i kid obviously)
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 27, 2017, 12:43:18 PMReply #66

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2017, 12:43:18 PM »
very well, i spoke without thinking. these models look amazing, and i had just wanted my favourite ships to have epic models too.

so, which need to be redone? Venator i heard needed work but what about the rest...
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

August 27, 2017, 02:04:40 AMReply #67

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2017, 02:04:40 AM »
So yeah, I like using bombers...

And apparently I may also like using light frigates...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 31, 2017, 05:48:12 PMReply #68

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2017, 05:48:12 PM »
Lore stuff

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 01, 2017, 12:56:06 AMReply #69

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2017, 12:56:06 AM »
Right now, just Kaine, but it's a few weeks before you get Palpatine and someone else, so it's a tradeoff. And no, no Mandators right now- that's just historical information. We're trying to plug in story wherever we can.

September 01, 2017, 12:59:03 AMReply #70

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2017, 12:59:03 AM »
is there a way to prevent losing Kaine, similar to how you can advance to era 3 with Thrawn if he survives
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

September 01, 2017, 01:24:07 AMReply #71

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2017, 01:24:07 AM »
You can prevent Kaine from dying to that event as the IR by getting him killed earlier.

September 01, 2017, 11:08:34 AMReply #72

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2017, 11:08:34 AM »
Darn. can there be an optional event that fires where, while the mutiny still happens and you lose, say, 10-35% of heir forces, there maybe possibly be a switch and you GAIN Grant rather than lose Kaine, but is less likely to happen? OR is that not possible with the event

September 03, 2017, 02:28:21 AMReply #73

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2017, 02:28:21 AM »
The event doesn't lose you anything other than Kaine (otherwise we'd be encouraging people to just not build units). there are ways to script something like that, but it doesn't really make sense with the lore. Grant wasn't looking to get into active duty, he just wanted to be left alone, and selling Kaine out to the Rebels was the best way to do that. It's also something that would happen entirely independently of player actions, so that's not usually a place where we want add too much variance.

From a gameplay perspective, it also helps us get around the problem of giving the Empire 2 free SSDs. You get Kaine for a while at the start, then you get Palpatine- you don't just get to overrun the galaxy for nothing.

September 03, 2017, 06:21:15 PMReply #74

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »
The event doesn't lose you anything other than Kaine (otherwise we'd be encouraging people to just not build units). there are ways to script something like that, but it doesn't really make sense with the lore. Grant wasn't looking to get into active duty, he just wanted to be left alone, and selling Kaine out to the Rebels was the best way to do that. It's also something that would happen entirely independently of player actions, so that's not usually a place where we want add too much variance.

From a gameplay perspective, it also helps us get around the problem of giving the Empire 2 free SSDs. You get Kaine for a while at the start, then you get Palpatine- you don't just get to overrun the galaxy for nothing.

Makes sense, from a lore perspective to have the Imperial mutiny be very damaging. I know that will punish players but it's kind of a trade off for the vast amounts of power you get with the Shadow hand tech and all the Warlord heroes on your side. maybe having it triggered by taking Coruscant but not advancing for a few weeks could trigger a loss of 1/4 forces and Kaine but is traded for Palaptine's Eclipse, Sedriss and some free units over Byss?
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 11, 2017, 03:20:19 PMReply #75

Offline Dr. Knickers

• Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2017, 03:20:19 PM »

While testing some particle changes (you can see a new one here)

September 12, 2017, 01:59:03 PMReply #76

Offline Dr. Knickers

• Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »

Trying out new explosions

September 12, 2017, 03:14:12 PMReply #77

Offline Mr.Puerto

• Mod Team Member
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +18/-6
  • Professional Shut in, Steam Name: Mr.puertorican
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »

Trying out new explosions

It might be time to post my collection of screen shots as well.
“In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.“

September 16, 2017, 01:21:54 PMReply #78

Offline Dr. Knickers

• Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2017, 01:21:54 PM »

A peek at the Ascendancy Gallofree model ported to ICW

October 30, 2017, 02:33:46 AMReply #79

Offline Dr. Knickers

• Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2017, 02:33:46 AM »

X-Wing skin update -- less blobby, more defined

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!