Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: What have you done to improve your ICW experience?  (Read 4573 times)

July 15, 2016, 11:13:12 PM

Offline Kyle-Katarn67

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
What have you done to improve your ICW experience?
« on: July 15, 2016, 11:13:12 PM »
Personally, I have changed a lot in terms of text.  Many worlds have more expanded descriptions based off of recent events, including certain worlds mentioning the battle of Endor.  Units have expanded descriptions based of the same concept I did with planets.  I've also taken the opportunity to add fun travel advisories for worlds.  Dathormir for example:  TRAVEL ADVISORY: EVERYTHING HERE WILL TRY TO KILL YOU.

I thought that little things like these and sub mods such as balance and flavor and several other personal editions helped make the mod and the galaxy of the mod feel more alive.

July 16, 2016, 03:50:26 AMReply #1

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
Re: What have you done to improve your ICW experience?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 03:50:26 AM »
That is a fun idea.
Perhaps you should upload those flavour mods in the mod section ;)

July 16, 2016, 12:10:09 PMReply #2

Offline Helix345

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 12:10:09 PM »
I agree, travel advisories sound necessary so my troops know that they aren't on vacation

July 17, 2016, 03:07:45 AMReply #3

Offline Kyle-Katarn67

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 03:07:45 AM »
Hmm, Ill think about it!  I've never uploaded to this site before, plus I have a ton more to do for each world.  Once I do that then I'll more than likely upload.

August 26, 2016, 11:13:06 AMReply #4

Offline Xardovany

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »
I changed some of the stats of Imp and EotH units, namely adding some armor, shield, health or an increase in fighter units in the squads.

I gave the Empire an improved SSD, and gave the EotH a budget SSD, by taking the description and name of the SSD that I found in the EotH spaceunits file 'the Keravnos Destroyer' and added it to the Phalanx destroyer, since I always thought that it looked to similar to the Syndic. I gave it about 2/3th of the strength of a regular SSD, and modified the keravnos missile launcher to actually do what the tooltip says (both ion and armor damage, not just ion damage).

I also increased the unit limit in spacebattles, with the empire getting a bit higher of a limit compared to the EotH, which still gets a little more than the Republic.

I also changed the Ventator into a mark 2, which is basically my idea of a retromodded Venator, rebuild for maximum efficiency, with better stats than A victory mark 2 at a higher cost.

I think I also changed the land unit squadrons of the EotH to include more regular storm troopers.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:53:19 PM by Xardovany »

September 10, 2016, 09:09:18 PMReply #5

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 09:09:18 PM »
Hmm, Ill think about it!  I've never uploaded to this site before, plus I have a ton more to do for each world.  Once I do that then I'll more than likely upload.
please do that would be funny.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 23, 2016, 11:31:39 PMReply #6

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 11:31:39 PM »
I changed some of the stats of Imp and EotH units, namely adding some armor, shield, health or an increase in fighter units in the squads.

I gave the Empire an improved SSD, and gave the EotH a budget SSD, by taking the description and name of the SSD that I found in the EotH spaceunits file 'the Keravnos Destroyer' and added it to the Phalanx destroyer, since I always thought that it looked to similar to the Syndic. I gave it about 2/3th of the strength of a regular SSD, and modified the keravnos missile launcher to actually do what the tooltip says (both ion and armor damage, not just ion damage).

I also increased the unit limit in spacebattles, with the empire getting a bit higher of a limit compared to the EotH, which still gets a little more than the Republic.

I also changed the Ventator into a mark 2, which is basically my idea of a retromodded Venator, rebuild for maximum efficiency, with better stats than A victory mark 2 at a higher cost.

I think I also changed the land unit squadrons of the EotH to include more regular storm troopers.
Love those Ideas you have there.
Yes please do Bro.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 11:35:58 PM by StarBornMichaelh165 »
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 26, 2016, 07:32:14 AMReply #7

Offline Revan0123

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
  • 50% Pentastar. 50% Alignment. 100% Badass!
    • View Profile
    • My Channel
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 07:32:14 AM »
I tried putting in The Executor Class Star Dreadnaught for Remnant Survival (Just for a laugh) but the game won't startup now due to errors in the "Survival Upgrades XML"

November 03, 2016, 08:37:52 AMReply #8

Offline JMDurron

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 08:37:52 AM »
I started letting my 5-year-old watch the end credits with me when I win a scenario, since he loves the SW music.  It helps motivate him to leave me alone when I'm near the end of a campaign.  It has definitely improved by ICW experience. 

November 03, 2016, 02:56:45 PMReply #9

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »
I started letting my 5-year-old watch the end credits with me when I win a scenario, since he loves the SW music.  It helps motivate him to leave me alone when I'm near the end of a campaign.  It has definitely improved by ICW experience.
Understandable. Hey, do you think it would also work on my 22 years old friend?
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

November 03, 2016, 06:57:15 PMReply #10

Offline JMDurron

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 06:57:15 PM »
Probably not, no.  The 22-year-old might demand to play instead. 

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!