Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: SWG:EMU Anyone?  (Read 2198 times)

December 31, 2015, 04:40:48 PM

Offline SteelHand

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
SWG:EMU Anyone?
« on: December 31, 2015, 04:40:48 PM »
So for several months now I have been playing SWG:EMU, and have fallen in love with the game as it should have stayed.  I was just wondering if anyone else here has played or is currently playing SWG:EMU or any of its derivatives like Bloodfin.
" class="bbc_img

January 01, 2016, 07:28:22 PMReply #1

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
Re: SWG:EMU Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 07:28:22 PM »
So for several months now I have been playing SWG:EMU, and have fallen in love with the game as it should have stayed.  I was just wondering if anyone else here has played or is currently playing SWG:EMU or any of its derivatives like Bloodfin.

I'll never understand comments like yours. Having played both versions of it, the old version really only got one thing right : Jedi. Everything else was "left up to the players" and in a game like that it didn't make much sense, especially when you realize that MMO's were shifting from that design method in that specific time.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

January 01, 2016, 10:58:24 PMReply #2

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:58:24 PM »
No need to be rude about it. All Steelhand was doing was asking if other people played and why he liked it.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

January 01, 2016, 11:02:30 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 11:02:30 PM »
Having been friends with him since I was like 14, I can say Kalo's rude about everything. Don't worry about it.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 01, 2016, 11:06:05 PMReply #4

Offline SteelHand

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 11:06:05 PM »
Nah, I understand what he's saying, and in all honesty, he's right.  They main appeal to me these days is the fact that it is a different style of MMO, one that I haven't been used to growing up.  I only had the game when it was live for a few months before it shut down, so all I had was the streamlined SWG that SOE quite literally were forced to make in order to adapt, which I dont blame them for at all.  SWG:EMU at best is a refreshing break from the endless reskinned WoW that is the MMORPG market today.
" class="bbc_img

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!