Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: What You Can Do in 2.2  (Read 30370 times)

July 11, 2014, 03:07:50 PMReply #20

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: What You Can Do in 2.2
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
Everything looks Amazing!

I must say i find your choice of faction avatar ironic considering what happened to your namesake because of them
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 29, 2014, 04:00:36 AMReply #21

Offline jimkido

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • unblockedgamesfuns.weebly.com
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 04:00:36 AM »
Thanks for this useful topic , I didn't know that I can do so much things .

August 06, 2014, 03:48:09 PMReply #22

Offline Delta104x

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-3
  • It's a Bird, It's a Plane! It's-a bird...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 03:48:09 PM »
Super excited for this.
"The pen is mightier than the sword... because you can use that pen to draw up blueprints of nuclear weapons and fire fuck bomb anyone who dares to defy you."

August 07, 2014, 06:13:57 AMReply #23

Offline Cdodders

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 06:13:57 AM »
When is it likely to be out?? I would like to see older ships and fighter craft such as the Naboo starfighter (buildable only on Naboo), and mebbe a few more battlecruiser designs such as the Allegiance class, Assertor class and Harrower class

August 07, 2014, 11:45:47 AMReply #24

Offline Avarice1987

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2014, 11:45:47 AM »
When is it likely to be out?? I would like to see older ships and fighter craft such as the Naboo starfighter (buildable only on Naboo), and mebbe a few more battlecruiser designs such as the Allegiance class, Assertor class and Harrower class

it ios done when it's done^^

August 07, 2014, 01:13:32 PMReply #25

Offline Thuellai

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
  • Gold Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 01:13:32 PM »
Looking forward to it, Corey.  Love how you guys always find something new and interesting to add to the mod instead of just a couple visual tweaks or a new unit that serves no purpose.

August 07, 2014, 04:14:34 PMReply #26

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 04:14:34 PM »

Right now the focus is presumably on Ascendancy (with a target date of Aug. 31 for a full release). I'd chance that 2.2 comes out before the end of the year, but maybe that's a tad optimistic. (It sounds like a pretty hefty update.)
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

August 15, 2014, 11:59:19 PMReply #27

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 11:59:19 PM »
Aug. 31 for a full release?  That sounds a bit optimistic to me considering it's still alpha testing, and hasn't even made it to a full realistic beta.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 16, 2014, 12:03:31 AMReply #28

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2014, 12:03:31 AM »
Right now the focus is presumably on Ascendancy (with a target date of Aug. 31 for a full release).

lol wat, nobody has mentioned a deadline, ever.
How do I even

August 16, 2014, 12:11:58 AMReply #29

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2014, 12:11:58 AM »
For the last few months I've been putting the release date on ModDB as the end of the current/following month, because that's what I find fun. There was a point where we considered doing a single-faction public release as a demo but that's pretty cliche in the Sins community. The part about focusing on Ascendancy before 2.2 is correct, however.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 16, 2014, 12:15:11 AMReply #30

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 12:15:11 AM »
For the last few months I've been putting the release date on ModDB as the end of the current/following month, because that's what I find fun. There was a point where we considered doing a single-faction public release as a demo but that's pretty cliche in the Sins community. The part about focusing on Ascendancy before 2.2 is correct, however.

OK, makes more sense then where the 8/31 came from...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 16, 2014, 12:18:24 AMReply #31

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2014, 12:18:24 AM »
OK, makes more sense then where the 8/31 came from...

Ah ha! It sure does.
How do I even

August 16, 2014, 04:53:19 AMReply #32

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2014, 04:53:19 AM »
It's just Corey and the rest of the staff playing with our hopes and dreams again.  Nothing new there. ;)

August 16, 2014, 05:41:06 AMReply #33

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2014, 05:41:06 AM »
Nah, just me. Slevered, Kalo, Codeuser and Enceladus didn't know until I told them after they got confused about so many people saying August 31st. I don't think Slornie and Davis even know it's a thing. I''m just practicing managing a disappointed fanbase for when we release our indie game.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 16, 2014, 08:12:50 PMReply #34

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2014, 08:12:50 PM »
All right, we'll just blame you then. ;)

August 16, 2014, 08:45:48 PMReply #35

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2014, 08:45:48 PM »
Nah, just me. Slevered, Kalo, Codeuser and Enceladus didn't know until I told them after they got confused about so many people saying August 31st. I don't think Slornie and Davis even know it's a thing. I''m just practicing managing a disappointed fanbase for when we release our indie game.

Indie game??
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

October 17, 2014, 11:05:45 AMReply #36

Offline Adorician

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but will the Pentastar Alignment be getting a Survival mode, or will we still be looking with envy and shame at our better   more powerful   more popular rivals?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:07:24 AM by Adorician »

November 18, 2014, 12:34:43 PMReply #37

Offline Musashironinit

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »
First, my compliments to everyone. Great work in this mod. I just want you suggest a few tactical/Strategical improvements that would render the gameplay a little better, from my point of view.

1 - Golan weapon Platforms are a lot overpowered from the original system. A single Golan I platform should be able to withstand the assoult of a couple star destroyer. And the golan mark 3 should be able to defend single handed even a super star destroyer. So the building price for the golan should be augmented. But also the firepower and the hardness, as well as a little firing range. Right now it seems pointless to build a Golam for the price of a Phalanx Destroyer if you can have a moving destroyer. Also Golan are very expensive in maintenance, so Would be interesting to reduce income every Golan you build.

2 - Golan weapon platform are limited to 2 for system. You could correct this easily adding a progressive serie of golan 2x, 3x, 4x 4x of the same Golan Structure each one with a prerequisite of the precedent to be buildt. You can't produce the 2nd Golan if you haven't produced the first.

3 - The AI seems in some ways overpowered when fighting in Auto-resolve combat. Even if you have a crazy battlefleet, they seems to win easily......

4 - I'm not able to see incursors. I would suggest to add them back but adding also a security platoon so that they have a high disadvantage hitting planets with a sec team in it.

5 - The gravity well of some ships should work also stopping passing by ships, let's say like 50% of them.  Not in combat, but on the strategy map

6 - With the same system I suggested on the Golam, you can add a series of Defensive buildings and troops,  like a level 1 defense on  ground and so on. No defensive system is sure. But you can't have so much depending on the ai. Usually, a defense Win for sure unless there's some genius plan or a 10-1 force ratio against.

7 - All the anti-fighters ships seems to work less than they should.

8 - I would add back the steal technology, but adding it for a heroes for each faction, and giving it the ability to steal an enemy design of choice. But lowering the chance of success and eventually giving him the chance to be captured.

9 - I understand you want heroes to have their original ships, but why I can't upgrade the ships owned by heroes? Can't you separate ships and heroes? I mean I have a general with a corvette in the middle of a fleet of MC90 or MC108..... How weird is that?

thx again.....

PS I doubt it's possible to do anything, but the original research system sucked. I don't know if it can be modified, but that would be great..... With each level raising the power of the shields, the range of the weapons, and so on......

November 18, 2014, 04:43:59 PMReply #38

Offline Pox

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 04:43:59 PM »
5 - The gravity well of some ships should work also stopping passing by ships, let's say like 50% of them.  Not in combat, but on the strategy map

Are you referring to the galactic view? If yes, enemy fleets can't pass through a system owned by another player unless they have stealth anyway. However, even if that wasn't the case it would be rather complicated to implement that kind of system.

8 - I would add back the steal technology, but adding it for a heroes for each faction, and giving it the ability to steal an enemy design of choice. But lowering the chance of success and eventually giving him the chance to be captured.

Only one faction can have the stealing ability. Adding a success chance would again be complicated.

PS I doubt it's possible to do anything, but the original research system sucked. I don't know if it can be modified, but that would be great..... With each level raising the power of the shields, the range of the weapons, and so on......

ICW uses the era system instead of a research system, adding a research system on top of that would be a lot of work. Considering that the next version of ICW will most likely be the last big update I doubt that we're going to implement anything like that.

November 18, 2014, 05:44:29 PMReply #39

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 05:44:29 PM »
Considering that the next version of ICW will most likely be the last big update.

You mean just like 2.1 was?? ;D
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!