Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Video Preview: Hypervelocity  (Read 2554 times)

June 28, 2014, 06:48:37 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Video Preview: Hypervelocity
« on: June 28, 2014, 06:48:37 AM »
I talk about fighter supply, planet specialization, and then blow up a Carrack with a Hypervelocity Gun because that's totally a proportional response.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 30, 2014, 10:24:09 AMReply #1

Offline Falconflyer2000

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Video Preview: Hypervelocity
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 10:24:09 AM »
When speaking about planet specialization, you mentioned that it was first implemented with the Forbidden Worlds DLC. Does this mean the Forbidden Worlds DLC will be required in order to install Ascendancy?
“In each succeeding war there is a tendency to proclaim as something new the principles under which it is conducted. Not only those who have never studied or experienced the realities of war, but also professional soldiers frequently fall into the error. But the principles of warfare remain and will remain unchanged." -John J. Pershing

"Hindsight is notably cleverer than foresight."- Chester W. Nimitz

"My god, it`s full of Hapans!" - Dave , upon discovering the Transitory Mists

June 30, 2014, 01:33:54 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »
Is there any way to tell the planet which ship to hyperV?

I realized when one of my planets was being attacked I didn't like the ship the planet was attacking...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 30, 2014, 02:31:37 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 02:31:37 PM »
When speaking about planet specialization, you mentioned that it was first implemented with the Forbidden Worlds DLC. Does this mean the Forbidden Worlds DLC will be required in order to install Ascendancy?

No, you can play the mod regardless of whether or not you have the DLC; I was just saying it was an idea they first started with in there, and that we were expanding in different ways.

Is there any way to tell the planet which ship to hyperV?

I realized when one of my planets was being attacked I didn't like the ship the planet was attacking...

The Hypervelocity Gun ability comes from the Naval Command Station. You can target it manually like any other ability. I've still been working on getting the icons in for that stuff so it may have been harder to find.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 30, 2014, 04:24:48 PMReply #4

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 04:24:48 PM »
No, you can play the mod regardless of whether or not you have the DLC; I was just saying it was an idea they first started with in there, and that we were expanding in different ways.

The Hypervelocity Gun ability comes from the Naval Command Station. You can target it manually like any other ability. I've still been working on getting the icons in for that stuff so it may have been harder to find.

Naval Command Station, that's what it's called.  I kept forgetting what it was called.  Built a ton of them, wasn't quite sure what they did.  :D  Now I know that's why some of my planets were defending themselves.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!