Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Awakening of the Rebellion 2.51 Release!  (Read 2931 times)

June 24, 2014, 09:20:45 PM

Offline ThatOneBullet

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Awakening of the Rebellion 2.51 Release!
« on: June 24, 2014, 09:20:45 PM »
Hey everyone,

Most of you probably don't know me as I have only recently have begun to be public in the modding community. I have been working on solo projects in the Empire at War engine for some time now. Recently I began to delve quite deeply into one of my favorite mods, Awakening of the Rebellion 2.50 made by Steiner Modding Group.

Recently I became more active in the community as I started to do Let's Plays of the series, and at the same time began to modify the game because of the countless little bugs I encountered along the way, mainly the translation from the original German version into English.

I have been working on a personal "patch" and translation of the mod on my own, as I never wanted to release something under my own name without the original creator's permissions. Originally, I was only going to release the translation, as so many people have wanted to play the mod in English, but were not able to with the latest German release before SMG went silent. Recently I have been contacted by Steiner himself and he has allowed me to release the patch in full, with all the minor tweaks and adjustments along with the translation.

So, I'm going around to different communities, trying to spread the word around. I want people to start getting excited for an updated Awakening of the Rebellion, a mod that has been siting dusty on the shelf for quite some time.

As I am fairly new to the community, I do not yet have a home or any team members. But the scope of what I want to change is quickly becoming way too much for one man to code and model.

Currently, I'm storing all of my things on Google drive. Here are some links to the task list, change log, and the in progress Master Text File:
Master Text File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49...it?usp=sharing
Patch Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Task List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...3c&usp=sharing

So, now that I have introduced myself and the project that I'm working on, I'm looking for some help from the community! I would be very much grateful if I could get some assistance on getting this project official, as in, getting this project a rightful home (either on this website or on Moddb). I also am looking for some modelers/textures, as there are models in the code that are unused and need textures. I am working on learning 3dsMax at the moment, but most of my work right now is in XML. I also need some additional artists for some sky boxes and possibly one more coder. Basically, I'm looking for anyone that is willing to help and shares a love for Awakening of the Rebellion.

Anyways, I hope you are as excited as I am and I hope to continue this project with a bunch of you amazing people! If you would like to see some of the new mod in action, head on over to my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ThatOneBullet Some of the changes are spread out amongst the Lets Play, as it is not an official place for the changes in the mod.

Once again, thanks for reading and I hope to get more involved in this wonderful community!

July 04, 2014, 03:12:20 PMReply #1

Offline TYBER.ZANN

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Awakening of the Rebellion 2.51 Release!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »
I have a question for you. I've played this Mod before and I love it, however, now I'm not able to play it on my Windows 7 Laptop, before I had Windows XP. I believe it is because I have a different Net Framework which is 4.5.1. Any ideas on how I can get this mod to work on my laptop??

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!