Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Pirates  (Read 2551 times)

April 30, 2014, 09:30:58 PM

Offline Onikenshin

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Pirates
« on: April 30, 2014, 09:30:58 PM »
I have searched and found a few questions on the pirates but the links took me to the entire discussion so I am wondering how you are taking on pirates?

May 01, 2014, 12:48:54 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:48:54 AM »
There's really nothing analogous to Sins' pirates in Star Wars,  where factions would pay them to do large-scale raids against each other. We're not going out of our way to shoehorn something in where it doesn't fit. At the risk of being extremely vague, there's one thing which can sort of use some of the mechanics, but we'd rather do other stuff with that stuff.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 02, 2014, 08:04:41 PMReply #2

Offline Onikenshin

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:04:41 PM »
In  my opinion, if it can't be changed to fit star wars better then it should be disabled if possible. It slows game play and hurts players that are behind, do well and you are rewarded, do not so well and you get 50 pirate ships attacking you.

May 02, 2014, 08:52:22 PMReply #3

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »
In  my opinion, if it can't be changed to fit star wars better then it should be disabled if possible. It slows game play and hurts players that are behind, do well and you are rewarded, do not so well and you get 50 pirate ships attacking you.

Or you could feed 50 ships to the enemy and strengthen their Capital Ships and/or Titan. Now I'll agree though! I don't think we need Pirates in Sins traditional sense, but I do think we need some interesting Neutrals to encounter.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

May 02, 2014, 09:09:28 PMReply #4

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 09:09:28 PM »
Or you could feed 50 ships to the enemy and strengthen their Capital Ships and/or Titan. Now I'll agree though! I don't think we need Pirates in Sins traditional sense, but I do think we need some interesting Neutrals to encounter.

I agree, if there could be certain neutrals controlling certain planets (Hapans and Hapes then I suppose Imperial planets being controlled by random units of various strength).
How do I even

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!