Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

What do you think will be the cause of America's demise?

We are too awesome to die and shall continue to surrvive until we create the FIRST GALACTIC EMPIRE!
0 (0%)
Nuclear terrorism opens an opportunity for an invasion
1 (14.3%)
Economic collapse
4 (57.1%)
Our ever increasing consumption of fast food makes everyone fat and we sink the North American continent
0 (0%)
The Canadians unleash an army of caribou and take us over dooming us all to a life of creating maple syrup
2 (28.6%)
3-way war fought between China, Russia, and America leads to the loss of our holdings and relegates us to 2nd tier status
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 03, 2014, 10:23:48 PM

Author Topic: Most likely cause of America's demise  (Read 11694 times)

December 19, 2013, 10:23:48 PM

Offline Augustus Lucius Flavius

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
Most likely cause of America's demise
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »
Well I was watching Prophets of Doom on H2 and decided to post this.  My vote goes to creating the first Empire.
I am Augustus Lucius Flavius the future Emperor of Terra, Chancellor of Mars, and Governor of the Lunar colonies.

December 19, 2013, 11:15:01 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Most likely cause of America's demise
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 11:15:01 PM »
Economic collapse brought on by the greed of the American government.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 20, 2013, 01:35:13 PMReply #2

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 01:35:13 PM »
tlmiller yours is probably the correct one but I think it is the most easily avoided one.  We just need our people to pay attention and elect people who actually know what they are doing instead of the same people for 30+ years.
I am Augustus Lucius Flavius the future Emperor of Terra, Chancellor of Mars, and Governor of the Lunar colonies.

December 20, 2013, 03:59:48 PMReply #3

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 03:59:48 PM »
I'd go with economic collapse, only caused by government impotency/incompetence rather than greed.  That hard-fought budget deal that was recently voted through cut a mere $23bn dollars off the US's $642bn deficit - so it only reduced the amount of extra debt the country takes on each year by about 3.5%!

We just need our people to pay attention and elect people who actually know what they are doing instead of the same people for 30+ years.
You mean the people who elected Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann?  :angel:
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

December 20, 2013, 06:20:31 PMReply #4

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »
I'd go with economic collapse, only caused by government impotency/incompetence rather than greed.  That hard-fought budget deal that was recently voted through cut a mere $23bn dollars off the US's $642bn deficit - so it only reduced the amount of extra debt the country takes on each year by about 3.5%!
You mean the people who elected Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann?  :angel:

Anyone who voted for either of those should be shot at close range with a shotgun multiple times.

I actually liked McCain, refused to vote for him because of Palin.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

December 20, 2013, 08:14:05 PMReply #5

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 08:14:05 PM »
I mean all of them. Republicans and Democrats.  There are people in Congress who have been there since the early 60s.  Their time of contribution has long since passed.  My family is Republican but we are starting to lean away from them, not towards Democrats we think they are stupid too nor the TEA partyers because they do not make any sense any more. I think it is time for the Imperial party to rise.

December 22, 2013, 06:46:55 PMReply #6

Offline Tiel

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 06:46:55 PM »
I mean all of them. Republicans and Democrats.  There are people in Congress who have been there since the early 60s.  Their time of contribution has long since passed.  My family is Republican but we are starting to lean away from them, not towards Democrats we think they are stupid too nor the TEA partyers because they do not make any sense any more. I think it is time for the Imperial party to rise.

Ask japan how that worked out for them.

December 22, 2013, 10:32:57 PMReply #7

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 10:32:57 PM »
Japan had the misfortune of messing with America that had been dabbling with Imperial policies.  Also the British Empire did quite well for itself.

December 23, 2013, 01:54:53 AMReply #8

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 01:54:53 AM »
Economic collapse, followed by gradual loss of world and military might. Much like Rome in it's last days. Good thing I'll build up a power base that will be self sustaining.

As to the Imperial Solution, I'd back it if a worthy candidate could be qualified to rule. Hmm, now I sound like Kaine...
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

December 23, 2013, 09:21:51 AMReply #9

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 09:21:51 AM »
You'll have to invite me to your base Xizer . Argentina will probably collapse before the US does
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

December 23, 2013, 01:22:38 PMReply #10

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 01:22:38 PM »
Nothing wrong with sounding like Kaine.  He was one of the smartest and most long-term viable leaders of the Empire.  Smart enough to adopt the policies of the Empire that were good, but also smart enough to dump those that kept it back such as the anti-nonhuman sentiment.  And a great tactical mind.

December 23, 2013, 03:51:55 PMReply #11

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »
The Imperial Solution. I like it but maybe we should not call it a solution as that might bring up some unpleasant memories of a Final one.  On another note.  Who should be our Emperor? I do not think any of our current leaders are up for the job therefore, I nominate myself.  Any objections?

December 23, 2013, 03:59:19 PMReply #12

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 03:59:19 PM »
I say we take all our current leaders, put them in a locked building that there's no way out, with them each having nothing but a knife, and the last one standing gets the nod.  Survival of the fittest.

December 23, 2013, 04:03:14 PMReply #13

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 04:03:14 PM »
IT IS GENIUS!

December 24, 2013, 03:36:22 AMReply #14

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 03:36:22 AM »
Nothing wrong with sounding like Kaine.  He was one of the smartest and most long-term viable leaders of the Empire.  Smart enough to adopt the policies of the Empire that were good, but also smart enough to dump those that kept it back such as the anti-nonhuman sentiment.  And a great tactical mind.

Agreed, I'll take that as a compliment

January 10, 2014, 12:29:03 AMReply #15

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »
It's threads like these that make me afraid of our fanbase.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 11, 2014, 11:08:07 PMReply #16

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 11:08:07 PM »
[/quote

Corey..I love democracy...I love the Republic...these powers I will be given I shall lay down when this Crisis Abates....

January 11, 2014, 11:10:10 PMReply #17

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 11:10:10 PM »
I'm honest.  I'd be a benevolent dictator.  But the only group I would discriminate against would be the cheese-eating surrender monkeys.  I don't like them.

January 12, 2014, 12:30:51 PMReply #18

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 12:30:51 PM »

After ICW and Ascendacy I don't see why would you be afraid of us hahahah
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

January 12, 2014, 03:56:58 PMReply #19

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 03:56:58 PM »
The 3 way war option is very unlikely. The only one of those two who might *possibly* stand a chance against America in a conventional war is Russia. If they teamed up on us, still very unlikely. A lot of people forget that while China's military is huge, they have a fairly small navy. Russia has the second or third strongest navy in the world at this point, and even that is aging. The only thing they have going for them is their combined air forces. Not to mention, there is a fucking ocean between us and Asia. There is Europe between us and Russia (or again, the Pacific seeing as Russia has a port to both oceans) which stops them from mobilizing too much. Even if they did get here, they would have to deal with our reserves, the actual military, and then the millions of armed civilians and our very militarized police. I mean, our basic police forces have fucking APCs. There is no way we would lose a conventional war.

We are going to fail economically sooner or later. The White House should have taken the Death Star gamble while they ahead. That'd create quite a few jobs.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!