Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

What faction has caused the most game grievances for you?

Empire of the Hand
10 (45.5%)
Imperial Remnant
5 (22.7%)
Pentastar Alignment
2 (9.1%)
New Republic
4 (18.2%)
Minor Factions
1 (4.5%)
Raid Fleets
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Most game grievances:  (Read 13193 times)

July 10, 2013, 03:25:26 PM

Offline Pentastar Enforcer

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-2
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
Most game grievances:
« on: July 10, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »
What faction has personally caused you the most game grievances within ICW: Mine personally are those bastard Chiss who I love so much. They come in at the right moment and wipe my Imperial fleets off the map while my forces are off fighting rebels. They make me pull back all my forces into the core to launch attacks onto the EOTH lands only to get my ground forces losing troops quickly due to the amount of anti-vehicle weapons they had ( I should have spammed Stormies and plex )

What causes you the most grief?
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

July 10, 2013, 03:52:09 PMReply #1

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
Re: Most game grievances:
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »
Whenever I'm not being the PA (for whatever reason) they always tend to drop a fleet with Kaine and Jerec in an area that is very lightly defended. Cheeky bastards
How do I even

July 10, 2013, 04:09:59 PMReply #2

• Vice Admiral
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 04:09:59 PM »
The PA was surprisingly almost exterminated by the time I reached them (focusing on the southern galaxy owned by the NR at the time) every planet except for Jaemus was owned by the NR, but entirely undefended. I cleared them out easily and then I went to Jaemus (the only Pentastar Alignment planet left  :'( ) and so I fought off Kane, a Praetor II, the star destroyer hero, and a few other capitals and support ships.

The EotH I guess killed the NR defense forces over in that sector, seeing that a huge battle occured in Isthor? I forget, it's one of the planets bordering the PA and EotH. It ended up in an EotH victory where they KILLED LUKE SKYWALKER.

I was pissed because that was my job - I went on an exodus to destroy the EotH only to end up with my entire ground army of 150 units to reach an extreme low, of like 40. My fleet lost multiple star destroyers to the thousands of Karieks that came my way.

Man they're fun to fight.
The Galactic Empire - The best thing to happen to the galaxy since Midichlorian counts.

July 10, 2013, 04:19:22 PMReply #3

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:19:22 PM »
That is definitely one of the aspects of this game I enjoy (the variety of experiences). The game I mentioned (with the Kaine and Jerec assault) I had focused on the south-east portion of the map so I fought off a lot of EoTH and NR but by the time I went to focus on Mon Calamari and Syca I had found that the PA controlled damn near everything on the border of space with small pockets of EoTH and NR planets. Was quite interesting to see, and a pain in the ass to fight.
How do I even

July 10, 2013, 04:26:29 PMReply #4

Offline Waffle Wagon

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 04:26:29 PM »
Definitely the EOTH. Many a time I have been forced to halt my campaign against the greater galaxy because the freakin' Chiss just parked a ginormous fleet with all of their heroes in it right outside the core. I end up having to take care of them first before I can put paid to the NR.

The PA was surprisingly almost exterminated by the time I reached them (focusing on the southern galaxy owned by the NR at the time) every planet except for Jaemus was owned by the NR, but entirely undefended.

Generally, I've found that the PA is always the first faction to go.

July 10, 2013, 05:10:17 PMReply #5

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »
Usually its the Empire of the Hand, who keep spamming one type of ship and just throwing that at me until I'm bankrupt.

However, the PA became a nightmare during one NR game. They literally had dozens of Praetors crawling all over the place, Kaine had about 11 with him at all times, they took over nearly the entire northern part of the map, all of the EotH's planets, and were only one stop away from Coruscant before I finally caught up with them.

The bastards also made it impossible to advance the Era, as they trapped Isard with the most insanely huge Imperial fleet imaginable (3 SSD's, 30 Carracks, 10 ISDs), which would be completely impossible to beat.

July 10, 2013, 05:39:50 PMReply #6

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
For me it's the NR.  I destroy the EoTH early because they're such a pain to fight, so by the time I'm fighting the NR, there's just so many quasars that I end up having to retreat because I run out of fighters and anti-fighter supplies.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 10, 2013, 08:08:14 PMReply #7

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 08:08:14 PM »
People who ask for SSDs for the EotH
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

July 10, 2013, 08:51:51 PMReply #8

• Vice Admiral
  • Hi everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 08:51:51 PM »
lol: SSD for EotH

July 10, 2013, 10:09:57 PMReply #9

Offline frogoverlord

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »
Those EoTH fleets with like 30 decimators, 8+ phalanx destroyers and ton of karieks/auriettes, its like you finally kill 3 of their phalanx destroyers, NOPE!, 4 more join the fight :?(

July 11, 2013, 12:22:27 AMReply #10

Offline Delta104x

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-3
  • It's a Bird, It's a Plane! It's-a bird...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 12:22:27 AM »
Doing FTGU as NR, rushed Thyferra, IR takes denon while my fleet is en route, and wouldn't ya look at that! 5 praetors spawn and royally fuck my fleet up.
"The pen is mightier than the sword... because you can use that pen to draw up blueprints of nuclear weapons and fire fuck bomb anyone who dares to defy you."

July 11, 2013, 03:03:35 PMReply #11

Offline Clubby71

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 03:03:35 PM »
Late game IR with leftover MTCs, Venators, and acclamators.  So many fighters and... time stands still.

July 11, 2013, 03:33:52 PMReply #12

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 03:33:52 PM »
Most of the time it's the EotH very early on that causes trouble. Most of the time (for me anyway) I launch an initial assault on them if I'm close by, and wait for them to retaliate with their hero blobsicle. I find that if I kill all their heroes they will not attack again until they get new ones. Then I have pretty much free reign over them. The NR isn't really that much of a problem until Era 3 because they tend to do more "hit and fade" style attacks. Once they get Wedge in the Lusankya, though, they go on the offensive and can be annoying due to fighter spam (thank the maker for 2.1 and fighter staggering).

The NR is completely unbearable in FTGU, though. All they do is spam BAC and Quasars early, then pump out the Viscounts, Nebulas, and Endurances alongside them.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

July 11, 2013, 05:12:11 PMReply #13

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 05:12:11 PM »
I've found the best way to deal with the EoTH is hand is to take Syca.  Without that, they lose a HUGE amount of agression in my experience.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 16, 2013, 06:56:08 PMReply #14

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »
My first GC was Into the Cluster as NR. I consolidated my starting fleets at systems in danger. I thought Kuat was safe because it was "only the Hapes" within striking distance. Yeah...

That's when I learned minor factions have active AIs. Boy, was that fun.
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

July 16, 2013, 06:57:28 PMReply #15

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
My first GC was Into the Cluster as NR. I consolidated my starting fleets at systems in danger. I thought Kuat was safe because it was "only the Hapes" within striking distance. Yeah...

Aaand you'll never make that mistake again.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

July 16, 2013, 08:20:07 PMReply #16

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »

Agh, happened to me as well on Stars Align, I left Coruscant completely undefended, got rushed by Harrsk and his friends.

Luckily, Harrsk's entire invasion force was destroyed by 1 anti-infantry turret!

Zsinj's faction is also pretty active in Empires at War, he can easily take Wayland if you're not careful.

July 16, 2013, 10:23:44 PMReply #17

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 10:23:44 PM »
Agh, happened to me as well on Stars Align, I left Coruscant completely undefended, got rushed by Harrsk and his friends.

Luckily, Harrsk's entire invasion force was destroyed by 1 anti-infantry turret!

Zsinj's faction is also pretty active in Empires at War, he can easily take Wayland if you're not careful.

It's nice when the Warlord's minor faction can bite back
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 17, 2013, 12:54:14 AMReply #18

Offline Redraline_Salkos

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Common sense is not so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 12:54:14 AM »
I'd have to say that the NR gets the dubious honor of claiming that title, though the EoTH comes in as a close second. Most recently I was trying to play a Ground Up campaign as the IR and have found myself surrounded by Viscounts on two planets and overwhelming Quasars and Coronas on the others...wouldn't be as big an issue if I could hit the Coronas with missiles but since I can't...
Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another. -
Immanuel Kant

July 17, 2013, 11:11:57 AMReply #19

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 11:11:57 AM »
I'd have to say that the NR gets the dubious honor of claiming that title, though the EoTH comes in as a close second. Most recently I was trying to play a Ground Up campaign as the IR and have found myself surrounded by Viscounts on two planets and overwhelming Quasars and Coronas on the others...wouldn't be as big an issue if I could hit the Coronas with missiles but since I can't...
  yep.  I just killed off the fourth viscount.  They were coming in trios!  I had to stop everything and build a ssd because they pancaked everything.
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!