Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Custom Galactic Conquests  (Read 3561 times)

May 08, 2013, 04:29:31 AM

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
Custom Galactic Conquests
« on: May 08, 2013, 04:29:31 AM »
Can someone please tell me how i make my own galactic conquests please?
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

May 12, 2013, 05:04:06 PMReply #1

Offline Sith of Steel

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Galactic Conquests
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
Making a GC takes a bit of work.  In a nutshell (all the following assumes using FoC):
-make actual entries for the GC in Campaigns_Underworld_GC.xml (you'll need a GC entry for playable faction in the GC; for example, a standard FoC GC has three entries, one Rebel, one Empire, one Consortium).  Make sure that what you put in the Campaign_Set line is unique (unique to the campaign.  It should be the same for all three faction entries for the GC but different from any other GC).  For the story_name lines, make sure that whatever number you pick (use their format) is unique to that GC as well.  Otherwise, refer to existing GCs, it's pretty straightforward.
-Make the Story_Plots_Sandbox and Story_Sandbox XMLs for your GC.  Again, the number you put in the name should be unique to that GC.  Otherwise, making these files should be *extremely* straightforward: most of FoC's different GCs' Story_Plots_Sandbox and Story_Sandbox XMLs change very little between GCs.

That should at least get you started.  Hope this helps!

May 13, 2013, 03:06:45 AMReply #2

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Galactic Conquests
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 03:06:45 AM »
Ok thanks
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!