Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

in what military branch would you like to serve.

Army
2 (18.2%)
Air Force
2 (18.2%)
Navy
3 (27.3%)
USMC
0 (0%)
I won't go to military
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Where do you serve?  (Read 19038 times)

August 10, 2007, 10:54:53 AMReply #20

Offline Tyrant

• Warlord
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-7
  • Yub 5
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you serve?
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 10:54:53 AM »
You don't have to change your opinion. It seems Finland has a lot worth putting your life on the line for. In America, at this point, all we do is start wars because we're bored, quite frankly. That isn't something worth dying for. I personally don't wanna die in Iraq because Bush got bored and ordered an invasion and a side of home fries for breakfast one morning.
In umbris potestas est- In the shadows, there is power

that's like saying it makes sense to evaluate my chances of getting laid by Natalie Portman- Nezill

August 10, 2007, 11:01:33 AMReply #21

Offline Raptor

• Admiral
  • Approval: +15/-54
  • F-22 Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 11:01:33 AM »
We didnt start a war because we were board. They started a war by flying 2 planes filled with American citizens into 2 buildings which resulted in 3,000 deaths. Lets not forget the pentagon and pennsylvania bombings.

I would be in the airforce and fly an F-22. My second choice would be a F-18.

August 10, 2007, 11:18:56 AMReply #22

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 11:18:56 AM »
You don't have to change your opinion. It seems Finland has a lot worth putting your life on the line for. In America, at this point, all we do is start wars because we're bored, quite frankly. That isn't something worth dying for. I personally don't wanna die in Iraq because Bush got bored and ordered an invasion and a side of home fries for breakfast one morning.

You got a point. Would you go into army if your homecountry would be under invasion by someone? I mean that's the point in Finland. Small country next to the biggest country in World. Only choice we have is to have an large trained reserve.
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

August 10, 2007, 11:21:19 AMReply #23

Offline Tyrant

• Warlord
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Yub 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 11:21:19 AM »
Raptor, Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with the 9-11 attacks. We went into Iraq under false pretenses. We had absolutely no reason to be there. Afghanistan I can understand, but Iraq was completely pointless.

that's like saying it makes sense to evaluate my chances of getting laid by Natalie Portman- Nezill

August 10, 2007, 11:22:23 AMReply #24

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 11:22:23 AM »
Tyrant, you are the first american I respect.

August 10, 2007, 11:22:56 AMReply #25

Offline Nezill

• Texture Artist
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +12/-3
  • Yub 9
    • View Profile
    • nezill.net
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 11:22:56 AM »
Let's not start this discussion again. End of story.

August 10, 2007, 11:25:00 AMReply #26

Offline Tyrant

• Warlord
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Yub 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
Agreed. This argument is irrelevant to the topic.

August 10, 2007, 12:23:40 PMReply #27

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 12:23:40 PM »
I'm sorry if my text insulted you but don't expect me to change my opinion just because you are staff members.

You directly called the three of us losers, thats flaming. I dion't expect you to change your opinion becase we're staff, but I do expect you not to flame people here.

Also, the only wars Canada gets into most times are the ones they are forced to by the United States, or small peacekeeping operations (Our troops once had to get tickets for a commerical jet to get to their mission thin). Our equipment is complete shit as well, there has been major cuts to the budget by the government though I believe Harper may plan to do something about that. What the United States fights for, Canada has to fight for as well, and there's no way I'm going into any of the States' wars.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:30:35 PM by Arbiter »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 10, 2007, 12:26:14 PMReply #28

Offline Tyrant

• Warlord
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Yub 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »
Arb, I really can't blame you. The US does some stupid stuff. We'll probably end up going after some other dictator next, probably Cuba, North Korea, or Venezuela. The US doesn't like any of them.

August 10, 2007, 12:34:57 PMReply #29

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007, 12:34:57 PM »
The problem is the States makes up over 80% of our exports, so we can't piss them off any more than we have or we're screwed, therefore we have no choice but to follow the states or risk or economy crashing. It doesn't help that Bush thinks he owns Alberta and the northern parts of Canada as well.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 10, 2007, 12:36:21 PMReply #30

Offline Tyrant

• Warlord
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Yub 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 12:36:21 PM »
He's gone in a year in a half, fortunately. He makes a lot of stupid decisions, and honestly, I'm glad I can't join the military until after he's gone. Idiots like him are what gives the US a bad name.

August 10, 2007, 02:07:40 PMReply #31

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 02:07:40 PM »
You are right Arbiter. Canada dosn't go to big wars and it's army propably isn't that big. but neither is Finlands. And what does flaming mean? does flame usually refer to fire.

August 10, 2007, 02:10:17 PMReply #32

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 02:10:17 PM »
Flaming pretty much means insulting people.

August 10, 2007, 03:08:53 PMReply #33

Offline Raptor

• Admiral
  • F-22 Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 03:08:53 PM »
He's gone in a year in a half, fortunately. He makes a lot of stupid decisions, and honestly, I'm glad I can't join the military until after he's gone. Idiots like him are what gives the US a bad name.

People like you are what gives hte U.S. a bad name. When our own citizens are insulting the president, that is when other countries know something is wrong.

August 10, 2007, 03:09:41 PMReply #34

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 03:09:41 PM »
Well, they're insulting him and the rest of the Bush Administration because of their choices. You don't support something when you know it is wrong. The first clue that there just might be people that think Bush is an idiot should have been when Bush technically wasn't elected.

August 10, 2007, 03:15:06 PMReply #35

Offline Raptor

• Admiral
  • F-22 Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 03:15:06 PM »
You can think hes wrong but dont curse at him and hate him.

August 10, 2007, 03:21:24 PMReply #36

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »
I'm going to hate him because he went and caused a load of problems for a country that already had too many to begin with, and dragged my country into it as well.

August 10, 2007, 03:24:21 PMReply #37

Offline Raptor

• Admiral
  • F-22 Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2007, 03:24:21 PM »
Are you saying the U.S. has problems.

August 10, 2007, 03:25:48 PMReply #38

Offline GrndAdmrlPellaeon

• Chat Members
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +35/-35
  • Yub Squadron This (Replaced by ASG)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 03:25:48 PM »

Raptor, Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with the 9-11 attacks. We went into Iraq under false pretenses. We had absolutely no reason to be there. Afghanistan I can understand, but Iraq was completely pointless.

Its people like you guys that give US a bad name. President Bush went to Iraq because he thought that there were WMDs there. If there is or if there would have been, he would have saved millions! Millions! You could have been dead! He went there because he thought it the best option. He staying there because he doesnt want it to look like America got scared and ran away. Have you listrened to any of the commanders? The surge is working. Meyer its people like you that Pres. Bush is trying to save in the War on Terror. Dont call it the War in Iraq because its not. Bush made his stand and its time we start making ours. You cant run away when you here a bullet, no you shoot back. You my friends are brainwashed, winy teenagers! He did what was best for the world not his image! Thats what you should care about too. When you can do a better job, then I will listen.

Well, they're insulting him and the rest of the Bush Administration because of their choices. You don't support something when you know it is wrong. The first clue that there just might be people that think Bush is an idiot should have been when Bush technically wasn't elected.

Its called the Electoral collage, its in the consitution!

I'm going to hate him because he went and caused a load of problems for a country that already had too many to begin with, and dragged my country into it as well.

Just cause we went to war doesnt mean you have to! Just looking for something to compain about.
"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." Jedi Master Yoda

I hate the Yuuzhan Vong!

92% of teens have moved on to (c)rap. if you are one of the 8% who listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

August 10, 2007, 03:29:04 PMReply #39

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2007, 03:29:04 PM »
No. We HAD to go to war. Bush threatened to eliminate a lot of trade with Canada, and make the stuff he didn't eliminate harder for us to go through with. Canada had no choice but to head off to the middle east.

"If there had."

You can't justify an invasion because if they had WMDs they could have done things with them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:32:01 PM by Arbiter »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!