Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Imperial Werewolf  (Read 3603 times)

November 14, 2012, 12:45:08 AM

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Imperial Werewolf
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:45:08 AM »
Well, here I am during a lull in activity with a suggestion for something fun to do: a werewolf (or mafia) game, ICW style. If anyone is interested or wants to know what this is, please reply!
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

November 14, 2012, 12:22:52 PMReply #1

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Werewolf
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »
Well, people may be thinking: boy, what is revanchist talking about, he lost his marbles. Well to clarify, I shall describe the game as it is played.

About twenty people are selected. Each person is given a specific role to play. There are usually something like 14 townsfolk, a doctor, a seer, and four badguys (mafia, werewolves, Imperials, whatever). The bad guys know who each other are(they are the informed minority), whereas none of the good guys know who anyone is (the uninformed majority). Each day (usually a week standard time), the entire town votes for who is to be lynched. Said person is lynched, and then night falls. During the night, the bad guy team can choose one player to kill, the doctor can choose one to save, and the seer can ask the moderator (me) if one person is a bad guy, or if he is the doctor. The next day, the voting starts again, and so on. The objective for the townsfolk is to kill al the bad guys; the bad guys must place themselves as the majority (i.e. if there are four bad guys, there must be three or fewer townsfolk to win). In order for the town to win, they must use the verbal clues in the posts to determine who the doctor, seer, and bad guys is so that they avoid lynching the first two and succeed lynching the third. The doctor must discover who the seer is and protect him, allowing the bad guys to be rooted out. The bad guys must make themselves seem like ordinary townsfolk and find both the doctor and the seer to KO them and preserve their chances of winning. The bad guys can also influence the lynching (remember, they are posing as ordinary people) and get their enemies killed that way.

I think this would be a good chance for all of us to stretch our powers of observation and cunning to play this game. Anyone interested?

EDIT: Of course, in this version, the NR would be the townsfolk and the IR the bad guys.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:40:11 PM by revanchist »
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

November 14, 2012, 07:38:37 PMReply #2

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »
Didn't understando much but count me in(i'll try to check every day)
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

November 14, 2012, 08:18:10 PMReply #3

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:18:10 PM »
Here's a link to check out while we wait for more players to join.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Game_of_Mafia

When the list is filled, the game shall commence.

1. Eclipse
2. kucsidave
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:12:20 AM by Revanchist »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 12, 2016, 07:29:35 AMReply #4

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 07:29:35 AM »
wow, this is an old thread went to waste... I remember playing this when I was a kid. It was fun. thing is, it would be hard to play in a forum to begin with. that 20 people would need to keep almost a daily communication in order to deduct things, but you got me interested. Some nostalgia is always good :D
Let's try to revive this  ;)
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 12, 2016, 09:27:28 AMReply #5

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 09:27:28 AM »
wow, this is an old thread went to waste... I remember playing this when I was a kid. It was fun. thing is, it would be hard to play in a forum to begin with. that 20 people would need to keep almost a daily communication in order to deduct things, but you got me interested. Some nostalgia is always good :D
Let's try to revive this  ;)

I've played it on forums before and it's tons of fun and doable of there is the support. If we get it I'll be more than happy to GM a game
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 12, 2016, 10:10:14 AMReply #6

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 10:10:14 AM »
cool, sign me up
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

May 12, 2016, 12:02:47 PMReply #7

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 12:02:47 PM »
Bah, have rabble rousing anarchists as the good guys?  And the orderly, protective empire as bad guys?  Ewwwww.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 12, 2016, 08:01:38 PMReply #8

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 08:01:38 PM »
Bah, have rabble rousing anarchists as the good guys?  And the orderly, protective empire as bad guys?  Ewwwww.

But that lets them kill the fishies. Which is ever so rewarding.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 13, 2016, 04:17:01 AMReply #9

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 04:17:01 AM »
Then let's make it imperials as everyone and rebel spies as the bad guys if this is better for you, miller

May 13, 2016, 05:26:51 AMReply #10

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 05:26:51 AM »
Yeah, the authoritarians being manipulated by a Sith Lord demagogue are so much better than the anarchists.  The anarchists only screw things up accidentally.  The Sith-serving authoritarians do it on purpose. ;)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!