Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Rome II Total War  (Read 4540 times)

July 02, 2012, 08:01:20 PM

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Rome II Total War
« on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:20 PM »
News just in, Rome II Total War, coming 2013!

HOW FAR WILL YOU GO FOR ROME?
Become the world?s first superpower and command the most incredible and vast war machine of the Ancient world. Dominate the enemies of your glorious empire by military, economic and political means.

Your rise will bring admiration from your followers but will also attract greed and jealousy, even from your closest allies.

Will betrayal strike you down, or will you be the first to turn on old friends? How much are you ready to sacrifice for your vision of Rome? Will you fight to save the Republic, or plot to rule alone as Dictator ? as Emperor?

- The creators of the award-winning Total War series set a new benchmark for strategy gaming quality and depth, taking their signature mix of real-time and turn-based gameplay to new heights.
- An epic-scale turn-based campaign mode in which to plan your conquest of the known world ? in any way you see fit.
- Feel the thunderous clash of battle as the Roman war-machine takes to the field in real-time combat. Tens of thousands of men collide in bone-splintering detail that you directly control.
- All-new graphics engine: see exotic ancient cities and colossal armies rendered in incredible detail, while jaw-dropping cinematic battles unfold. New unit cameras allow you to see the battle from every perspective.
- Completely scalable experience, with performance optimised for your PC or laptop. Witness the awesome scale of Total War: Rome II, no matter what your spec.

Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

July 03, 2012, 03:20:23 AMReply #1

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
Re: Rome II Total War
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:20:23 AM »
Finally! I've been waiting for a Rome sequel for a long time. My favorite time period of the Total War series.
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

July 03, 2012, 06:31:10 AMReply #2

Offline fFoxfire

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:31:10 AM »
Finally! I've been waiting for a Rome sequel for a long time. My favorite time period of the Total War series.

2nd fav Empire At War with DarthMod makes the game so much better where as Rome TW vanilla with its last patch fixed pretty much any small issues with the game. Unlike Empire that needed Users Mods to fix the game, Still Going back are we. I was hoping that Sega would at least try and get a somewhat more modern war maybe WW1?

July 03, 2012, 09:40:33 AMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 09:40:33 AM »
The time has come to annihilate all my enemies once again! how I so love it!
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 19, 2012, 06:27:19 PMReply #4

Offline ArdusKaine

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 06:27:19 PM »
It's been too long, Selucids...  Maybe in this game they won't be elimanated in 15 turns....  I would suggest the mod Roma Surrectum II for those tired of Vanilla.
The Only Puzzle Worth Solving.  The complete, total, and utter detruction of the Rebellion.~GA Thrawn

Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake, ensign?  Anyone can make an error, ensign.  But that error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it.~GA Thrawn

The New Order has never Fallen.  Only the Emperor....  The Emperor may be dead, but the Empire Lives On!!~Ardus Kaine

July 21, 2012, 08:32:25 PMReply #5

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 08:32:25 PM »
Europa Barborum is better than Roma Surrectum in my opinion. Can't wait for Rome II
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

October 11, 2012, 09:02:22 PMReply #6

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:02:22 PM »
Only player Rome TW 1 is it worthy buying the II?
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

October 11, 2012, 09:21:01 PMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »
Ask again next October.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 11, 2012, 09:25:42 PMReply #8

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 09:25:42 PM »
Won't work on my computer anyway I don't know why I tought it had already been launched thanks for that
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

October 12, 2012, 08:52:15 PMReply #9

Offline Thrashia

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »
Still Going back are we. I was hoping that Sega would at least try and get a somewhat more modern war maybe WW1?

The Total War series is as popular as it is because of its gameplay and eras in which is chose to place itself. No other games gives you the old-fashioned glory and fierce combat that was once swords and shields. Napoleon and Empire were brushing up against the end of the era of what I consider "honorable/glory-can-be-attained" period of warfare. There was no glory or honor in WWI. Nothing but blood and mud. I can think of much better ways to make the game enjoyable without putting it into a war period where all you did was mow down lines of infantry with machine guns and cannon fire.

I am personally waiting for a Mongol Total War, that shows the rise of the Mongol Empire from the small state that begun under Genghis Khan and would envelop most of the known world under his grandsons. That or put the setting in ancient China, either during the 3-Kingdoms era or the Chinese Warring states era, which preceded the Qin Empire.
"You may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, but the Empire will always strike back." - Gilad Pellaeon

C'baoth: "You doubt the power of the Force, Grand Admiral Thrawn?"
Thrawn: "Not at all. I merely present the problems you and the Force will have to solve if you continue with this course of action."

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!