Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Just got Rebellion.  (Read 7187 times)

June 14, 2012, 07:15:25 AM

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
Just got Rebellion.
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:15:25 AM »
I just purchased Sins Rebellion yesterday. And really, it's a lot of fun. The different factions of factions is a really nice touch. I played as the Vasari Rebels and really enjoyed the play style. Although, I'm pretty sure I would have enjoyed the Vasari Loyalists. The whole system makes me really hopeful for Ascendancy.

I ended playing with one friend and Ca3ba for apparently a five hour game which ended up with the three of us trying to stop this AI from killing us all.

Also, anyone who gets this game and wants to play with Corey? Don't believe his lies.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

June 15, 2012, 10:59:38 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Just got Rebellion.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 10:59:38 AM »
Don't believe Cam's lies.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 15, 2012, 03:00:41 PMReply #2

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 03:00:41 PM »
Don't believe Cam's lies.

I think you're lying.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

June 15, 2012, 05:55:40 PMReply #3

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »

I think you're lying.

I think I'd rather believe the guy with the less creepy profile picture...

I also got Rebellion, and while it's still a solid game, there's not enough new stuff, certainly not enough to warrant paying an additional 40 bucks if you already own, say Entrenchment or Trinity. The new Titans are too much of a really late game unit. You have to go through way too much to build them. Between the research, a dedicated building, more capitals hip supply, I think I'd rather have 3 or 4 regular capital ships (similar cost when you add it all up).

Anyway, SOASE is still a fantastic game. The graphics are plenty good for what you need. You never want to zoom in that closely anyway. I find myself playing most of the game at a zoom level where I can see multiple planets on my screen...
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

June 15, 2012, 08:09:11 PMReply #4

Offline sebastian74

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »
I've got some exams next month. Me myself and I agreed to pick the game up after the exams. Just to not let history repeat itself. ( me gaming a bit to much, and as a result having to repeat last years courses again. )

And I haven't finished SOASE trinity, so I'll probably won't start with rebellion for a while.

It does look more 'realistic' which I like. Is there no way you can have one titan for free at the start of the game?

June 16, 2012, 12:37:47 AMReply #5

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 12:37:47 AM »

I also got Rebellion, and while it's still a solid game, there's not enough new stuff, certainly not enough to warrant paying an additional 40 bucks if you already own, say Entrenchment or Trinity. The new Titans are too much of a really late game unit. You have to go through way too much to build them. Between the research, a dedicated building, more capitals hip supply, I think I'd rather have 3 or 4 regular capital ships (similar cost when you add it all up).

>Implying I didn't just rush the Kultrolask for the Vasari Rebels and ramrod my way to victory.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

June 16, 2012, 04:21:00 PMReply #6

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 04:21:00 PM »
Don't believe Kalo's lies.

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

June 16, 2012, 05:01:02 PMReply #7

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 05:01:02 PM »
Don't believe Kalo's lies.

They're all truths.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

November 02, 2012, 07:58:27 AMReply #8

Offline fileosoft

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 07:58:27 AM »
...Is there no way you can have one titan for free at the start of the game?

A late reply... there is a tools that modders and dev use who can allow almost everything... first, take a look at http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/410160 ... it is a old post about the dev.exe but about 99% of it remain true for the actual version... second, for the next play of SOASE, launch the game via "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sins of a solar empire rebellion\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Dev.exe"... you can build everything everywhere, switch side with a AI and more...

It is not a cheat tool but a dev one... for each play, huge log ( plain text ) are created where devs or modders can find critical or non critical errors... by example bad vertice in a model ( non critical ) or the amount of hardpoint for hangar on the model who don't match in the amount in the entity file ( can be critical )... 

November 03, 2012, 09:51:16 PMReply #9

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 09:51:16 PM »
Technically you could mod it so you start with a Titan/build one right off the bat as well in the main game without using the Dev exe, but that'd end up having similar power issues that they had to nerf from flagships, only 10x worse. However, fileosoft's method works if you mean it just for trying to see what they're like.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!