Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Pentastar Unit Suggestions  (Read 6859 times)

May 25, 2012, 09:16:44 PM

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
Pentastar Unit Suggestions
« on: May 25, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »
Great InQuestor of Judgment

I was thinking maybe you could add those 2 Soldiers in with Jerec on land battles as a bodyguard of Sorts.

Or make them a special unit.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_InQuestor_of_Judgment

And maybe the Enforcer-class Picket Cruiser.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:24:59 PM by Zsinj »
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

May 26, 2012, 06:47:06 PMReply #1

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Pentastar Unit Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 06:47:06 PM »
I did some extensive research on the PA. Here are my suggestions:
As to units I say the standard infantry unit should be the PA Enforcers and have the PA logo on them somewhere and be about the level of Zsinj's Raptor Troopers as elite troops.
Replace the regular Stormies role with Imperial Army Troopers
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Army_trooper
(you could use the Navett model minus the rank and hat, place the long black helmet on their head like the NR troopers used to wear or use the old field commander model with different coloring.)
The Inquisitors(as generic Dark Jedi opposed to the NRs Jedi) and their Judgement Troopers as Zsinj suggested.
The Enforcement Picket Ship and multiple ships used by corporate powers(marauders, corvettes and some pirate like vessels.
Also to further distance from the IR counterpart, I suggest leaving the coloration on the Hulls of their ships as when they were a warlord faction(I.e the light blue stripe along the edges of the ISDs and VSDs. Putting the colors or logo on the ground forces too would help to differentiate as a breakaway faction.
The Floating fortress as a heavy command vehicle.
Also you could deny them certain IR ships. For instance the PA might not construct Tectors, SSDs, or TIE Defenders.

For heroes I've got a few suggestions as well:
Grand Admiral Octavian Grant who took refuge in the PA for 2 yrs, the cause of his defection was loss of faith in Kaine becoming the dominant force in the galaxy. He could have an ISD. TO acquire him you have to do a mission to save him from IR forces trying to kill him. If successful he joins you as a hero.

Gov. Ib Dekeet as an Imperial Gov. he was part of the PA talks and brought considerable land forces into the PA. He could have a ground command vehicle and be the land hero besides Jerec.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ib_Dekeet

Gregor Raquoran was Commerce Master Commissioner and aligned with the PA in the PA talks. he brought considerable financial power to the PA. A shuttle in space and gives a monetary boost to the planet he is on.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gregor_Raquoran

Elta Besk was the head of Dynamic Automata, a droid design and manufacturing corporation. She joined the PA because it was more lenient on slave labor than the NR. She could offer a production boost in build time being reduced. She could have a shuttle in space.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elta_Besk

Wyrn Otro worked for Galentro Heavy Works corporation, also testing many of the weapons manufactered. He could also have a ground command vehicle and he could give an attack boost to heavy vehicles in the Alignment.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wyrn_Otro

"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 28, 2012, 07:37:34 PMReply #2

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »
i bet this will all be in 2.0  -_^

May 28, 2012, 08:08:04 PMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
i bet this will all be in 2.0  -_^

Some will be. It's up to Corey and the mod team. If you have some ideas they are most welcome too. Check out the post  Pentastar Alignment GC/Missions too for more info and suggestions.

May 29, 2012, 12:54:58 AMReply #4

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 12:54:58 AM »
Definitely agree that the PA doesn't need Tectors, SSDs, or TIE Defenders. However, they should have some type of specialized starfighter. Perhaps the Alpha Class Xg-1 Star Wing, the Missile Boat, or the TIE Hunter.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 29, 2012, 07:30:23 PMReply #5

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 07:30:23 PM »
Cleaned up the thread a bit, can we try to stay on topic in future guys?

Anyhow, we're still looking at options for Pentastar Alignment units and heroes, so feel free to keep posting suggestions.

For example, how was the relationship between Ardus Kaine and Delak Krennel? (I'm not all that well versed in the various warlords) Could Krennel be reasonably included as a hero under the Pentastar Alignment?
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

May 29, 2012, 07:38:33 PMReply #6

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 07:38:33 PM »
Another suggestion for PA forces. In order to distance them further from the IR, maybe give them the Gladiator-class Star Destroyer as a light to medium frigate. I was thinking that since they were usually used for Outer Rim patrols, they could have easily fell into the hands of the warlords, like the PA.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 29, 2012, 07:43:38 PMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 07:43:38 PM »
Cleaned up the thread a bit, can we try to stay on topic in future guys?

Anyhow, we're still looking at options for Pentastar Alignment units and heroes, so feel free to keep posting suggestions.

For example, how was the relationship between Ardus Kaine and Delak Krennel? (I'm not all that well versed in the various warlords) Could Krennel be reasonably included as a hero under the Pentastar Alignment?

He was neutral with Krennal but did not share forces, info or resources. Kaine was pretty much strict Isolationist until Thrawn and later Shadow Hand he maintained communication with the major powers but little else. I don't think Krennal was kindly disposed towards any Warlords other than himself. Not sure if that would make for a canon hero.

May 30, 2012, 01:59:40 AMReply #8

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 01:59:40 AM »
One unit for PA could be the Enforcer-class picket cruiser, a ship using the vindicator hull.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Enforcer-class_picket_cruiser

I reject your canon and substitute my own!

May 30, 2012, 01:50:56 PMReply #9

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 01:50:56 PM »
Definitely agree that the PA doesn't need Tectors, SSDs, or TIE Defenders. However, they should have some type of specialized starfighter. Perhaps the Alpha Class Xg-1 Star Wing, the Missile Boat, or the TIE Hunter.
NONONONONO not the Missile Boat! It'd just be like LOL I SPAM THESE AND WIN AUTOMATICALLY. The XG-1 sounds fine though.

May 30, 2012, 01:52:24 PMReply #10

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 01:52:24 PM »
NONONONONO not the Missile Boat! It'd just be like LOL I SPAM THESE AND WIN AUTOMATICALLY. The XG-1 sounds fine though.

What don't you like about the missile boat? Is it just a tad too overpowered?
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 31, 2012, 12:30:36 AMReply #11

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:36 AM »
They'll definitely have Enforcers. From the preliminary list we have and based off of some of the suggestions here, we've got a few basic premises we're building the Pentastar off of:

1. Astrography: The Pentastar Alignment is based out of Oversector Outer and some backwater worlds of the New Territories in the former Empire. Oversector Outer's importance and the influence of Tarken and later Kaine means the Imperial garrisons would have included some pretty substancial power, which is one of the justifications for their access to the Praetor II. On the other hand, the backwater worlds and New Territories would have had garrisons based out of older technology, including Republic holdovers that either were cofirmed to have, or could reasonably be assumed to have continued service in the Empire, or Imperial ships and vehicles a little out of the mainstream; Acclamators, Venators, IFTX, etc.

2. Political Culture: The Pentastar Alignment was essentially like the CIS and CSA in its formation; it had a political and territorial basis from Kaine's holdings, however much of it's political power was in the hands of corporate interests. One of its main worlds was Muunilinst, base planet of the Intergalactic Banking Clan, and it also included Dynamic Automata, manuftacurors of droids, so we've included the Muunificent and Hailfire.

3. Sienar.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 31, 2012, 03:17:21 PMReply #12

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 03:17:21 PM »
They'll definitely have Enforcers. From the preliminary list we have and based off of some of the suggestions here, we've got a few basic premises we're building the Pentastar off of:

1. Astrography: The Pentastar Alignment is based out of Oversector Outer and some backwater worlds of the New Territories in the former Empire. Oversector Outer's importance and the influence of Tarken and later Kaine means the Imperial garrisons would have included some pretty substancial power, which is one of the justifications for their access to the Praetor II. On the other hand, the backwater worlds and New Territories would have had garrisons based out of older technology, including Republic holdovers that either were cofirmed to have, or could reasonably be assumed to have continued service in the Empire, or Imperial ships and vehicles a little out of the mainstream; Acclamators, Venators, IFTX, etc.
Makes sense, Scourge Squadron was one of the most powerful and modern Imp Navy units and Kaine as Tarkin's successor would have had access to some mighty potent weaponry. Also the mix of older units makes good sense too as the Imps tended to just add their stuff onto what was already there(i.e. the clone wars and republic material)

2. Political Culture: The Pentastar Alignment was essentially like the CIS and CSA in its formation; it had a political and territorial basis from Kaine's holdings, however much of it's political power was in the hands of corporate interests. One of its main worlds was Muunilinst, base planet of the Intergalactic Banking Clan, and it also included Dynamic Automata, manuftacurors of droids, so we've included the Muunificent and Hailfire.

Will the Muunificent's have TIE complements?

3. Sienar.
So perhaps they could have access to more TIE type models or prototypes than the standard IR has rather than less I suppose.

Fixed quotes ~ Slornie
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:07:58 PM by Slornie »

June 07, 2012, 05:52:58 PMReply #13

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »
Wow, that is a great list for the PA! Will Ardus Kaine's flagship still be the Reaper, or will that be changed for balancing reasons?
How do I even

June 07, 2012, 06:01:54 PMReply #14

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »
Yes it is still the Reaper because it is canon.

June 07, 2012, 06:13:20 PMReply #15

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
Excellent! I thought as much, but wanted to be sure. Also, will Jerec be just a ground hero or will he also be in space with the Vengeance SSD?
How do I even

June 07, 2012, 06:13:54 PMReply #16

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 06:13:54 PM »
They are thinking about it but that is all i am allowed to say. I may have said too much just now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:15:25 PM by Zsinj »

June 07, 2012, 06:21:06 PMReply #17

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 06:21:06 PM »
Ah. Alrighty, I'll leave my questions at that then.Hah, no need to get anyone in trouble  :-X

Thank you
How do I even

June 08, 2012, 06:40:16 AMReply #18

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 06:40:16 AM »
I cleaned up some stuff that would be better left to PMs in the future.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!