Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

Would you play another mod by the TR team?

Yes, if I had the game
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Only if it were Star Wars
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Would you play another mod by the TR team?  (Read 3990 times)

October 29, 2011, 07:34:34 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Would you play another mod by the TR team?
« on: October 29, 2011, 07:34:34 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to get people's thoughts on this. There was a similar topic sometime before 1.2 came out, but here it is again.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 29, 2011, 07:19:48 PMReply #1

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Would you play another mod by the TR team?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 07:19:48 PM »
Would love to play another mod by you guys. You are light years ahead of others out there. Kind of wish you guys would do comapny of heroes or something WWII based. With your attention to detail and gameplay that would be amazing to see that game as expanded as Empire at War has been! Just a thought!
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 29, 2011, 09:38:57 PMReply #2

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:38:57 PM »
In a heartbeat. You guys are one of, if not the best, mod teams out there...How about something based around Nexus? My mouth waters at the thought of shunting power to shields from my ISD's turbolasers or using all ion cannons to disable a nebulon B frigate...

What game were you guys thinking of doing? And are you thinking of doing something Star Wars?
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

October 30, 2011, 07:50:27 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 07:50:27 AM »
Kind of wish you guys would do comapny of heroes or something WWII based. With your attention to detail and gameplay that would be amazing to see that game as expanded as Empire at War has been! Just a thought!

I do like CoH but I don't think we'd actually be up to something like that. Partially beyond our skill level, partially because it's not really what any of us are interested in. There's also the issue of my computer sucking; I can barely run EaW at lowest detail.

How about something based around Nexus? My mouth waters at the thought of shunting power to shields from my ISD's turbolasers or using all ion cannons to disable a nebulon B frigate...
What's Nexus?

What game were you guys thinking of doing? And are you thinking of doing something Star Wars?
Well there's no concrete plans for anything but there are some idea. We've done Thrawn's Revenge for 5-6 years now and it's almost time we say we're finished with it. To be honest, It's especially frustrating  when so much of the work has been redoing things since we didn't know what we were doing. The biggest problem with the mod has really been that there's so much to cover that we end up with factions that have 50+ units, which makes it difficult to make sure everything's doing what it's supposed to. It's almost certain that we'd never do a Star Wars mod, there's only so many times you can model an ISD. I'd rather do something original.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 31, 2011, 01:03:14 PMReply #4

Offline Evaders99

• Star Wars Rebellion Network Admin
  • Administrator
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-0
    • View Profile
    • SW:Rebellion
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »
I'm assuming he means Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_the_jupiter_incident
It's a pretty good game, though it is much more tactical than strategic. Still might be interesting if you have the models already

November 01, 2011, 05:38:17 PMReply #5

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 05:38:17 PM »
Yes, sorry I was referring to Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. It's a great, deep tactical space battle game.

Regardless I'd play anything you guys make, TR has been one of my favorite games for over a year now...
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

November 06, 2011, 03:15:30 PMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 03:15:30 PM »
To elaborate a bit more, we (well, I) have been looking specifically at Sins of a Solar Empire. It's something I know is within our abilities to mod well, and it's something we have some ideas for already.

November 06, 2011, 04:48:25 PMReply #7

Offline Evaders99

• Administrator
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »
I'm not surprised, given the availability of models and the strategic nature of Sins.

I know SOGE has much of the NR and Vong already implemented - they just need to be polished. With Sins:Rebellion coming out, I'd expect there to be a lot more work to be done. Would love some collaborative help on that.

Of course, you're more than free to work on your own mod. Lavo from SOGE and GoaFan77 from Requiem mod would be good people to talk to.

November 06, 2011, 05:15:26 PMReply #8

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
Model availability isn't a consideration for us, as we would be making our own "universe" so to speak. Even with TR we've made pretty much everything in house. There's probably only 5 models in the mod that are from outside of it.

As far as joining/helping SOGE or Requiem goes, like I said we're really not interested in doing more Star Wars stuff. It was fun to do it once, but if I have to model another Star Destroyer I'm probably going to hurt somebody. The poll option is only there so that we're able to see who'd play just another mod by us, or would only play another mod if it's for EaW/another Star Wars mod.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:20:35 PM by Corey »

November 06, 2011, 11:18:33 PMReply #9

Offline Evaders99

• Administrator
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 11:18:33 PM »
Ah that's cool. Looking forward to whatever project you decide on

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!