Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

Who was your favorite Imperial Warlord who went rogue after Endor?

Grand Admiral Josef Grunger
0 (0%)
Grand Admiral Danetta Pitta
0 (0%)
Grand Moff Ardus Kaine
13 (50%)
Warlord Zsinj
9 (34.6%)
Supreme Warlord Blitzer Harrsk
2 (7.7%)
High Admiral Treuton Teradoc
1 (3.8%)
Superior General Sander Delvardus
0 (0%)
Prince Admiral Delak Krennal
1 (3.8%)
General Gaen Drommel
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: The Number one Imperial Warlord  (Read 16365 times)

July 27, 2011, 08:13:34 PM

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
The Number one Imperial Warlord
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »
Who was your favorite imperial Warlord?

Grand Admiral Josef Grunger? one of the original twelve who went rogue to fulfil his ambition and hunger for power, he was a contender for the Imperial Throne in the months following Palpatine's death. He possessed an enormous fleet commanding from his SSD Aggressor. His ambitions came to ruin however in a fratricidal battle with fellow Grand Admiral turned warlord Danetta Pitta when after being fought to a standstill he rammed his flagship into Pitta's torpedo sphere killing them both rather than admit defeat.

Grand Admiral Danetta Pitta? another of the original twelve who also went rogue in an effort to solidify his power by taking the correllian sector and its productive shipyards he commanded from a torpedo sphere above Corellia. He sought to create a kingdom in which he controlled the trade routes through the correllian sector and into the core to eventually expand into the core. He stood in the way of Grand Admiral Josef Grunger's attempted invasion of the core and fought him to a stand still. Pitta was killed when Grunger rammed his SSD into Danetta's torpedo sphere obliterating both combatants.

Grand Moff Ardus Kaine? He became independent of the Empire and managed to consolidate his power into a solid kingdom called the Pentastar Alignment that had dealings with all other factions while maintaining neutrality and managing to stay out of the majority of the vicious infighting. He commanded great power and financial wealth due to corporate backings. He was also in possession of the mighty SSD Reaper. He kept his Empire stable and powerful for six years after Endor until his assassination by the reborn emperor palpatine for refusing to take part in operation shadow hand.

Warlord Zsinj? Admiral of the Quelli Sector Fleet and all the resources in it he also commanded the SSD Iron Fist, He managed to take control of a full third of the galaxy and nearly secured the services of the dreaded Nightsisters of Dathomir. His secret operations Chubar and Minefield caused devastating trauma throughout the NR. However he over reached when he attempted to hijack the Imperial SSD Razors Kiss from kuat. The Moff Council brought Imperial forces to bear against him and Zsinj found himself beset on all sides by the NR, the IR and his fellow warlords. With a combination of sabotage, misinformation, betrayal, the many fronted war he found himself in, and fiendishly bad luck he was killed in the battle of Dathomir by Han Solo.

Supreme Warlord Blitzer Harrsk? He was the first to proclaim himself a warlord after Endor. he took his fleet and claimed a sector of space calling it Zero Command. He managed to fight off both NR and fellow warlord incursions into his kingdom for 7 years after Endor. However he never managed to expand his small Empire as he became bogged down in infighting with his fellow warlords, bleeding his forces into near irrelevance on the galactic scale commanding a mere 12 ISDs. He was killed by Admiral Nataasi Daala for refusing to reunite with the other warlords to attack the NR.

High Admiral Trueten Teradoc? Remained nominally loyal to Imperial Center until it's fall then declaring himself to be the protector of the oversector. He feuded with Zsinj over territory and annexed much of Zsinjs fleet after the Warlords death at Dathomir. He eventually was pushed by the NR into the deep core where he became embroiled in internecine wars with the other warlords, Harrsk in particular. He ruled with his fleet of 73 Crimson Hulled VSDs dubbed crimson command. He was assassinated by Admiral Daala for refusing to unite with the various other warlords against te NR.

Superior General Delvardus? He rose from relative obscurity to become a major warlord after Endor. he seized a majority of the outer rim before being driven back into the deep core by the NR. There he steadily scraped together the funds and materials to create the massive SSD Night Hammer which he covered with Stealth black plating rendering the giant ship nearly invisible. However before he could unleash this new monstrosity on either his fellow warlords or the NR he was assassinated by Admiral Daala for refusing to unite with the other Warlords against the NR.

Prince Admiral Delak Krennal? He took the initiative after Endor and escaped from under his master Isards thumb. He killed Sate Pestage and took over his holdings in the Ciutric Hegemony. He was a ruthless and somewhat cunning man, learning political manipulation from a clone of Ysanne Isard he rapidly grew into a thorn in the NRs side after the Thrawn crisis. He held power for over 5 years after Endor before being killed by the NR in battle above his capital.

General Gaen Drommel? He went rogue almost immediately upon hearing of the Emperor's death at Endor. Taking the SSD Guardian and three ISDs he launched a wave of terror throughout rebel held worlds until he was caught in a trap and lost his three ISDs and had his SSD badly crippled. Still he managed to escape and remain hidden for years before being found and killed right before he finished repairs to his flagship.   
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 27, 2011, 09:08:12 PMReply #1

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
Re: The Number one Imperial Warlord
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 09:08:12 PM »
I would say that its a tie between Ardus Kaine and Warlord Zsinj. They were both Ruthless leaders and survived longer than most of the Other warlords.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:20:20 PM by Zsinj »
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

December 18, 2011, 02:11:38 AMReply #2

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:11:38 AM »
Actually with the exceptions of Grand Admirals Grunger and Pitta Zsinj and Kaine died BEFORE all the others and Zsinj's Empire collapsed with his death while Kaine's survived long enough to be absorbed by Pellaeon's True Empire(the Imperial Remnant)

May 28, 2012, 07:31:44 PMReply #3

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 07:31:44 PM »
i think Kaine was the best. If i8t werent for the super-powered Emperor and his cloning facilities that made him immortal, he would have probably outlasted zsinj, and maybe took the rest of the Empire

May 28, 2012, 08:00:43 PMReply #4

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
i think Kaine was the best. If i8t werent for the super-powered Emperor and his cloning facilities that made him immortal, he would have probably outlasted zsinj, and maybe took the rest of the Empire

Kaine was a great leader and he did outlive Zsinj by 2 years, Pitta and Grunger by 5 years. He was the only warlord who's Empire did not disintegrate into internecine fighting after he died. His one flaw was that he expected the Empire to rally to him and create a New Empire based from the New Territories rather than the other areas which he felt would eventually either destroy themselves or come to his side. He thought as long as he maintained his kingdom and was neutral to every other faction others would not see him as hostile but a champion of the Imperial ideal. All it ended up doing though was making most Imperials think Kaine was afraid to give up some power by leaving his Empire. When Thrawn came back he grudgingly gave him a meager force, but after Thrawn proved himself Kaine was going to throw in with him fully-right at the moment Thrawn was assassinated. The Reborn Emperor recruited him and had him lead the campaign to attack into the core while the Shadow hand fleet and deep core warlords attacked from the inside. Kaine defeated the NR in twelve battles in a row with minimal losses so he was a very competent military commander. After Palps was killed the last time Kaine was assassinated when his shuttle was attacked by supposed NR E Wings(It could easily have been a number of rivals who either orchestrated his death or leaked Kaine's route to the NR so they could take him at his most vulnerable)

May 28, 2012, 08:08:37 PMReply #5

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »
wow, so he was even better than i thought

May 28, 2012, 08:16:38 PMReply #6

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 08:16:38 PM »
Indeed he was. Kaine is one of my favorites to be sure. I just wish an author would expand on the Pentastar Alignment as a whole and the Shadow Hand campaign from Kaine, Delvardus, harrsk, Teradoc and the other warlords campaigns in more detail. It was a dark time and they all came within a hairsbreadth of destroying the NR, they don't get much credit for that but it was Kaine's strategy from the New Territories and guidance that allowed the Imperials into the Core from the outside and made Palps Shadow hand offensive that much more effective.

May 28, 2012, 08:46:25 PMReply #7

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:46:25 PM »
im definiatly adding the pentaster alignment as a playable faction.

May 28, 2012, 09:27:59 PMReply #8

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 09:27:59 PM »
Just Download version 1.0 of the mod it has Zsinj and PA separate.
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

May 28, 2012, 10:15:48 PMReply #9

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 10:15:48 PM »
I vote Kaine.  I hate Harrsk
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 28, 2012, 10:18:42 PMReply #10

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:18:42 PM »
i dont even know who harrsk is

May 28, 2012, 10:28:44 PMReply #11

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »

Harrsk is the a-hole that refused to take orders from the man in charge of the fleet after the death of...well...everyone at Endor (if you're not familiar, the man in charge was Pallaeon after everyone else's death).
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 28, 2012, 10:35:08 PMReply #12

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 10:35:08 PM »
Harrsk is the a-hole that refused to take orders from the man in charge of the fleet after the death of...well...everyone at Endor (if you're not familiar, the man in charge was Pallaeon after everyone else's death).

Yes well said.

Though tlmiller covered Harrsk's personality well in that summary here is his full bio that I know of after Endor...it's not really all that impressive...
Blitzer Harrsk was an Admiral who was nearly killed at Endor, he went rogue almost immediately after the fleet regrouped at Anaj. He took his ISDmkII and the two remaining Tectors of Death Squadron to the Deep Core where he declared himself Supreme Warlord of his little Empire dubbed Zero Command. He never was much of a threat and most of his rivals saw him as something of an idiot. He never amassed a larger fleet than 12 ISDs and got imbroiled in a petty war with High Admiral Truetan Teradoc for three years before being killed by Natasi Daala for refusing to unite with his fellow Warlords against the NR. He was a short angry fellow with a face like Two Face from batman(one side hideously burned the other perfectly cared for.) In spite of his egomania and virtual weakness in Galactic terms he managed to outlive many more powerful and intelligent Warlords(Isard,Zsinj and Kaine just to name a few) Luck apparently favors the fellow in SWEU...until nerve gas and Daala come into play(Only damn thing she ever did right). So Harrsk died in a pool of his own vomit pounding on a sealed door like the little coward he was so all's well that ends well.

May 28, 2012, 11:05:57 PMReply #13

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »
sounds like he got what he deserved

June 07, 2012, 11:23:04 AMReply #14

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
sounds like he got what he deserved

Yes, all the deep core warlords did. They were so absorbed with their own egos they couldn't see the bigger picture and were blind to the fact that individually they were insignificant on the galactic scale but if they unified they could become quite a force to be reckoned with. They died due to their lack of vision and it's for the best.

June 07, 2012, 09:43:37 PMReply #15

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 09:43:37 PM »
Gotta love Ardus Kaine, not much competition there. Though the fighting between Grunger and Pitta always made me chuckle...
How do I even

June 07, 2012, 10:07:34 PMReply #16

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »
Gotta love Ardus Kaine, not much competition there. Though the fighting between Grunger and Pitta always made me chuckle...

I have to say I saw that coming lol. I really wish they would show or describe in detail the battle between Grunger and Pitta(Grunger had an armada of 26 ISDs and 100 or so support ships with Aggressor SSD) Pitta had a torpedo sphere and the corellian sector fleet(MUCH smaller than Grunger's force) According to EGW Grunger was one of the best of the Grand Admirals as far as tactical brilliance and Pitta was supposed to be about average admiral level(albeit a fanatical zealot)
How the devil was Grunger's fleet wiped out so utterly leaving him only the kamikaze crash to earn a draw.

June 07, 2012, 10:13:25 PMReply #17

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 10:13:25 PM »
I have to say I saw that coming lol. I really wish they would show or describe in detail the battle between Grunger and Pitta(Grunger had an armada of 26 ISDs and 100 or so support ships with Aggressor SSD) Pitta had a torpedo sphere and the corellian sector fleet(MUCH smaller than Grunger's force) According to EGW Grunger was one of the best of the Grand Admirals as far as tactical brilliance and Pitta was supposed to be about average admiral level(albeit a fanatical zealot)
How the devil was Grunger's fleet wiped out so utterly leaving him only the kamikaze crash to earn a draw.

I would think so! hah. It beats me as well. Perhaps those Torpedo spheres are just so potent that in the hands of even an average Admiral they can cause some heavy damage
How do I even

June 08, 2012, 05:03:35 PMReply #18

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
I would think so! hah. It beats me as well. Perhaps those Torpedo spheres are just so potent that in the hands of even an average Admiral they can cause some heavy damage

I suppose so.

June 08, 2012, 07:30:54 PMReply #19

Offline Zeron

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-11
  • The Galaxy Abhors The Lack Of Faith
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »

While the torpedo sphere probably played a large part in it, you should remember that Corellia has always been a very large and powerful system. The Corellian Sector Fleet is nothing to scoff at. Remember that most major shipyards planets had very large defense forces, as well as typically very large and powerful battlecruisers with limited hyperdrives that aren't seen anywhere else. There's a reason the Empire didn't try to mess with Corellia very much.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!