Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Minor Factions (split from Imperial Unit Suggestions)  (Read 13383 times)

March 20, 2011, 07:18:36 PMReply #20

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Factions (split from Imperial Unit Suggestions)
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 07:18:36 PM »
I see no issue with it but I'll leave the decision to Corey.

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

March 21, 2011, 07:14:46 PMReply #21

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »
Thank you, that's all I can ask. You've all made great improvements throughout the mod. I look forward to playing the final version.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

April 04, 2011, 07:09:01 PMReply #22

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 07:09:01 PM »
I was wondering why Thrawn doesn't have Noghri like Ruhk as bodyguards when he lands on a planet?(like Leia does when she lands on a planet)
I remember it being mentioned that you all might put Ardus Kaine in Shadow Hand to replace Pellaeon, and General Melvar/Admiral Trigit might be added to Hunt for Zsinj. Was just wondering if they will be in the new version of 1.2 or the final release?

April 04, 2011, 07:29:52 PMReply #23

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 07:29:52 PM »
I was wondering why Thrawn doesn't have Noghri like Ruhk as bodyguards when he lands on a planet?(like Leia does when she lands on a planet)
I remember it being mentioned that you all might put Ardus Kaine in Shadow Hand to replace Pellaeon, and General Melvar/Admiral Trigit might be added to Hunt for Zsinj. Was just wondering if they will be in the new version of 1.2 or the final release?

The first is because Thrawn has a flagship, and for some reason when you expand company sizes like that it doesn't work properly. We were never going to replace Pellaeon inShadow Hand, just add Kaine, but apparently Kaine never actually supported Palpatine so not going to do that anymore. As for Trigit and Melvar, they will only be done if the can have a suitable ship or purpose chosen, as well as an image suitable for icons. They'll be 1.2 if they're done.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 23, 2011, 07:42:14 PMReply #24

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »
Yeah, Kaine's profile is a bit odd. However it seems you are right, the Reborn Emperor had him assassinated for not supporting him.
I don't know about Trigit but there is a picture of General Melvar on Wookiepedia at this link http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Melvar
Would that help?

April 23, 2011, 09:41:39 PMReply #25

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 09:41:39 PM »
Can't use drawings for icons.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 24, 2011, 10:53:47 PMReply #26

Offline fFoxfire

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 10:53:47 PM »
Probably suggested but for Warlords why not add a new hero as in 1 of Jerc's Dark Jedi apprentices,since people just seem to crave more jedi type units. Hey why not stop there how about the Vengeance-2 as a ISD MK2 since it was Jerc's personal Flagship, I mean as it stands Warlords only have Zinji (SSD) A Silri ripoff and Jerec, if there is more I must either not be paying attention or to busy crushing both factions in 1.1.1

April 26, 2011, 08:18:34 PMReply #27

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
Any kind of organic (human, alien, fauna, etc) is virtually impossible for us to do at this point, as we don't have anyone who could skin or animate them. There's a reason there's so few (non-stolen, but I'll leave that there) infantry models in this community.

And Jerec already has an ISD in space.

May 01, 2011, 09:38:12 PMReply #28

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:12 PM »
Would it be possible to add an alternate Art Of War? For instance a scenario where the three playable factions are Hapes Consortium, Yevetha, and Imperial Warlords instead of the IR, NR, and EotH. Wouldn't be any need to skin new units, would there? To add to the challenge to the scenario can have them start with all lvl 1 stations and no ground buildings and units as they have now(would also make design simpler I imagine. The IR, NR, and EotH could still be their respective sizes and unit strength.
It would add a lot of challenge to the scenario.

May 02, 2011, 04:30:14 PMReply #29

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 04:30:14 PM »
No, it would not. Making the EotH/NR/IR there as well would mean it is completely impossible, because you can't do the necessary story scipting to switch out units, which is what we had to do when we gave the playable factions in Zsinj the units of another faction. After that, they had to be locked out of the other GCs. Basically it would mean the minor factions would be building playable faction units in every other GC.

Wouldn't be any need to skin new units, would there?
Yes, there would. New models/skins/rigs/coding. The Yevetha only have two unique units, Hapans only have space stuff. They'd need their entire factions filled out more.

May 02, 2011, 07:56:32 PMReply #30

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 07:56:32 PM »
I see. Well the Warlords will at least be able to have Golans on Bastion, Muunillist, Yaga Minor, and garos IV and have Heavy Capital shipyards at Yaga Minor and Dathomir after the Ai is improved as well as lvl 5 stations on the above planets?

May 03, 2011, 07:11:09 PMReply #31

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 07:11:09 PM »
I don't just mean starting units, I mean units that the factions would have access to at all.

May 03, 2011, 08:38:12 PMReply #32

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »
I see. Will there be any Crimson Command Victory Star Destroyers in Daala's era and in Art of War when she's in charge? could do them like the Katana dreadnoughts and Niles Ferrier in Thrawns era.they could only be constructable when Pellaeon(since he was part of crimson command and believed in the buildup of ships like the vics) is over a planet with a med frigate shipyard From what i understand in the book Darksaber they were extremely fast with heavier weapons but very light armor and shields(evidenced by their frailty when they took hits)
Could make them Crimson in color with higher speed and firepower than normal vics but balance this with weaker shields and hardpoints. 

June 05, 2011, 09:03:15 PMReply #33

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2011, 09:03:15 PM »
We may consider that for next (as in the one after 1.2) version, but try to keep it in the proper thread please.

June 06, 2011, 09:33:46 PMReply #34

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 09:33:46 PM »
Of course.

June 15, 2011, 10:54:16 AMReply #35

Offline markb50k

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 10:54:16 AM »
So where do we stand then with the minors..

Any thought been given to using the "Hostile" faction for a faction in the GC?  Because its a standard slot maybe it can have better AI...

Also, did you guys figure out how to get Minors to build land units?  YOu were mentioning that you thought it was possible.. if so, how?

I have alot of questions like these but dont want to overwhelm you guys.. maybe there is somewhere where i could look to research it perhaps?

June 15, 2011, 11:12:44 AMReply #36

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 11:12:44 AM »
I think Hostile is reserved for stuff like Rancors and other indigenous forces that do not discriminate between individual factions.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

June 15, 2011, 11:53:56 AMReply #37

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 11:53:56 AM »
So where do we stand then with the minors..

Any thought been given to using the "Hostile" faction for a faction in the GC?  Because its a standard slot maybe it can have better AI...

Also, did you guys figure out how to get Minors to build land units?  YOu were mentioning that you thought it was possible.. if so, how?

I have alot of questions like these but dont want to overwhelm you guys.. maybe there is somewhere where i could look to research it perhaps?

Hostile isn't being used because it's still needed as separate. As Slornie says, it is used for anything that isn't really aligned one way or the other. Technically, there isn't anything that separates Neutral and Hostile from the other factions except that they're used for more basic things. Giving them AI would not be any better or worse than any other faction. They don't need better AI anymore, anyways. Slornie found the problems and at this point they seem to be functioning fine.

If you want, then just post another thread.

June 15, 2011, 03:29:23 PMReply #38

Offline markb50k

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 03:29:23 PM »
Would Slornie mind jotting down what he found to fix it?  I'm trying out some stuff myself on a personal mod and wouldn't mind some tips...

June 16, 2011, 07:20:56 AMReply #39

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 07:20:56 AM »
Well, the problem we had in the first place was that giving minor factions structures made the game crash.  That was fixed by adding them into GroundBases.xml (which we hadn't known about beforehand).  Unfortunately, as you noted earlier, the fix was somewhat diluted by the mismatched affiliations from when we changed the factions around and merged Zsinj/Pentastar together.  Fortunately all those issues should now have been fixed for the full 1.2 release.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!