Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.1 Bug Report  (Read 65944 times)

January 01, 2014, 03:56:47 PM

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
2.1 Bug Report
« on: January 01, 2014, 03:56:47 PM »
Figured I'd start one to get the bugs that we've found so far posted.  Started an infinities as the PA, and found these:

One that I found that wasn't caught until after the Betas was over is Wayland has only 2 reinforcement points, and with those 2, has a maximum amount of 7 units.

I could be wrong on this, but it seems in my playing so far that Blastboats spawned from Muni's are considered relevant for victory (you have to hunt them down and kill them to win, since spawned fighters weren't supposed to be anymore)

BTW, is FTGU supposed to get like 10 attacks per week from the AI?  I've given up on that save game because it took 6 hours of actual playing to get from week 45 to 50 due to literal constant attacks.  No more than finish a battle, go back to Galactic, and a popup for "space battle at wherever.  Was really fun playing this for a while, but the constant attacks killed it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:58:49 PM by tlmiller »
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 01, 2014, 07:20:03 PMReply #1

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 Bug Report
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »
I noticed the PA still don't have buildable plex soldiers even though they are in the manual.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

January 01, 2014, 07:40:43 PMReply #2

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:40:43 PM »
I've also noticed with the remmnan that you can't build the e-web is this right?

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

January 01, 2014, 07:42:13 PMReply #3

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »
Verified that I show shock troopers not available on any of my planets as the PA.

Remnant most definitely can build the e-web in at least some eras.  Just started a new Thrawn Campaign then Reunification Campaign and verified it's available on all planets that I had a barracks on (or that I built on in Reunification)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:05:02 PM by tlmiller »
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 01, 2014, 08:13:34 PMReply #4

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 08:13:34 PM »
Mmm strange that with Isard I couldn't well as she is famous for beign "stupid" let's say, makes sense that I can't build those. But if my memory is right you could build them in era 1

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

January 01, 2014, 08:16:08 PMReply #5

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 08:16:08 PM »
The visvia's fighter squadrons don't stay above it.

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

January 01, 2014, 08:43:21 PMReply #6

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 08:43:21 PM »
I just noticed that when I go look at the base layout on crustai that it does not show the buildings or the landing zones locations

January 02, 2014, 10:42:00 AMReply #7

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
A bug that I quite like, PA Venators (haven't checked if IR Venators also do it) are spawning like 6 or 8 fighters per wave instead of the 4 the manual says they should get (which I personally think is too low given the price of the Venator and it's complete uselessness even en-masse in combat).

January 03, 2014, 09:23:03 AMReply #8

Offline taldarus

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 09:23:03 AM »
Just got the game reinstalled on my cpu and d/l'd 2.1. Very excited to see all the new changes.

Start up a survival match, and bam I got no background and no UI. Figured it was a survival thing check several races and campaign's, but the problem only rears its ugly head when I go in battle, mostly no UI. However, I did get one battle that was all black.

2.0 worked perfectly, and I feel a bit perplexed. Hopefully I am not repeating someone else's post, but I didn't see anything about this for 2.1.

Oh, and I can't access building menu's on campaign map.

EDIT: Further investigation has lead me to suspect that this is related to the fact I installed on the D: drive instead of C. It's the only thing I can think of thats changed.

From the Exception file:
Exception in thread 1A68 - Main Thread
Exception code EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
    Attempt to read from address 00000000

Exception occurred at 0072A9C8 - Unknown code pointer

Stack walk:
  0073B614 : Unknown
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:00:04 AM by taldarus »

January 03, 2014, 01:53:59 PMReply #9

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 01:53:59 PM »
Multiplayer still freezes when you go into the host or join room, even after patch
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

January 04, 2014, 05:35:27 AMReply #10

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 05:35:27 AM »
Quoting a response from EEAW so that it doesn't get missed when we're collating bug reports.

Quote from: jordanthejq12
I must say, this version of Thrawn's Revenge has me hooked. Although there are things about RAW I still love (the various extra people such as natives and civilians running around, the simple manner of a two-faction brawl, the Clone Wars era), I think with this new release I can now say I'd take TR over RAW. Job well done!

To discuss the new stuff: the Bu'direch is a nice ship capable of being a strong line vessel for a reasonable price, although I confess to already missing Kariek spams. The Lucrehulk's cost of 6000 credits and 6 pop is justified by its role being similar to the Endurance (and the ship is beautiful, by the way). The Visivia is simply awesome (though I worry about not needing the Brask anymore). The V-19, while not the strongest nor the fastest fighter, is certainly a nice addition. And the Alignment's PA--if I can figure out how to get to those couple of systems to get the Lucrehulk--is well worth playing.

That's a heap of compliments, and the only thing I can say is that I think you missed a couple of bugs. One, the Golans still do not regenerate their shields, or do so at such a ridiculously slow rate that the interface doesn't show it. Two, the space skirmish AI is apparently unable to build Asteroid Mining Facilities. (It also forgets to advance as the PA and EoTH in both modes.) It will "capture" them, but won't build on them, and without a cash flow for the other side, skirmish mode is boring.

But this is a minor issue. I'm very pleased at the new TR overall. Way to go, guys!
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 04, 2014, 10:30:44 AMReply #11

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »
Playing as EotH, when you have a capital shipyard in a battle in campaign mode, you can build ships at survival mode prices in a space battle, instead of being able to buy upgrades.

Anyone notice this playing as other factions?
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

January 05, 2014, 07:30:30 AMReply #12

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 07:30:30 AM »
Playing as PA, in week 10 attacked Ession which was still under Warlord control.  Invasion bar popup showed a group of stormtroopers defending the planet, when battle began all I found was an enemy-aligned abandoned vehicle factory but no enemy units.  Could not end the battle without retreating - destroying the factory did nothing, auto-resolve was not functioning.  However, after retreating auto-resolve from the campaign map worked just fine.

Hardly a big problem.  Loving it so far... just got my first Lucrehulk, and they are quite nicely done. :)

January 06, 2014, 06:48:11 AMReply #13

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 06:48:11 AM »
When trying to start an Imperial Civil War GC, the New Republic is not a playable faction.  It is listed under non-playable factions next to the Warlords and is not selectable.  If there's an easy way for me to fix this myself through a file edit please let me know, as the ICW GC as the NR is something I very much want to play. :(

January 06, 2014, 07:16:13 AMReply #14

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 07:16:13 AM »
The Imperial civil war gc is supposed to be only the IR and PA. The NR are supposed to be a minor faction. If you want to play as the NR you can play almost every other gc.

January 06, 2014, 12:36:12 PMReply #15

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 12:36:12 PM »
When trying to start an Imperial Civil War GC, the New Republic is not a playable faction.  It is listed under non-playable factions next to the Warlords and is not selectable.  If there's an easy way for me to fix this myself through a file edit please let me know, as the ICW GC as the NR is something I very much want to play. :(
As Corey mentioned in the 2.1 Release Post we did originally intend for the ICW GC to be NR-playable but for some reason it triggers an exception error which makes the game crash.  Until we are able to find out what causes this the GC has been made IR and PA-playable only.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 06, 2014, 06:35:45 PMReply #16

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 06:35:45 PM »
Ah, missed that, apologies.  Damned exception errors!

January 06, 2014, 10:21:39 PMReply #17

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 10:21:39 PM »
Why not leave it as it is? I mean it's not like the NR need another gc to be in.

January 07, 2014, 06:04:07 AMReply #18

Offline taldarus

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 06:04:07 AM »
Sorry for the miss post, had nothing to with mod. Jumped the gun there, was busy and wanted to give it a try in my free time.

My previous problem has been solved. Not sure why, but my no-cd stopped working. Using disk fixed the problem, of course I went looking in the wrong direction; but that is life. As a result, I missed my opportunity to play the game for a while. Curse you guys for releasing it when I am busy!

January 07, 2014, 09:45:55 AMReply #19

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 09:45:55 AM »
Why not leave it as it is? I mean it's not like the NR need another gc to be in.

Speaking only for myself, I enjoyed Art of War, but ICW is simply closer to how the actual storyline plays out - the Empire of the Hand isn't exactly conquering much of the galaxy, or even known to most of it, during the 15 or so years after RotJ, but the IR, NR, PA and various warlords absolutely were fighting each other.  I played both Art and Essence as the NR in 2.0, and I'd love to play as them in 2.1's ICW even more because it better reflects the storyline.  Also, 2.0's PA in Art of War didn't have functional AI - being able to fight against them as the NR on the bigger map is also something I'd enjoy.

That being said, if it ends up being a significant problem requiring a lot of time from the team to fix, I'd prefer they give it a pass and focus on Ascendancy, because I want that even more. ;)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!