Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: How to change ship stats  (Read 1440 times)

February 16, 2022, 02:09:26 PM

Offline Fede98k

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
How to change ship stats
« on: February 16, 2022, 02:09:26 PM »
Hey everyone, how are you doing? I hope fine.

I just needed a little help with modding the, well, mod. I played it a lot these last months, and I wanted to change a few things regarding ship stats for my own personal enjoyment, but I have never modded XML files in empire at war and there's not a lot of information online.

First of all, I can't actually find the ships in the Space_Units.XMLs of the various factions. How do I find them? The ships I want to modify are the Endurance, the Nebula star destroyer and the Procusator star destroyer, yet I can't find them.
Secondly, what do I actually do once I find the ship lines? According to the only guide I actually found online, http://eaw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&amp;f=11,139,300 If I want for example to increase the HP of these ships, I need to find the "<Tactical_Health>x</Tactical_Health>" line, yet I couldn't find a similar line with the exception of fighters and bombers.
Also, if I add a name in the ship_names txt files, will the name appear in game, or do I need to change other files?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot in advance for your time  ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 02:49:36 PM by Fede98k »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!