Imperial Civil War [Empire at War] > Imperial Civil War Tech Support

225 Will not start. Expection Error

(1/3) > >>

Slyguy3129:
I just downloaded the 225 version of the mod. Just as I do with every mod for every game I play, I copy and paste the original folder, in this case Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption, create a copy. I then rename the copy to whatever mod it is, in this case TR ICW 2.25. I then place the batch file, which I have to tell my PC to "Run Anyway" after it stops running it for fear it will damage my machine. Once I have done that, then I can click on the batch file, which I then make a shortcut to the Desktop with, and the CD begins to spool up. The screen goes black going into the loading process and hangs immediately. I have to Alt-Tab out to see an Error Window saying an exception has occured giving me the option to retry, or cancel. Naturally both options crash the game.

I have installed and reinstalled multiple times now, and it doesn't seem to solve this issue. 2.2 Worked fine, and all other mods I have installed this way work fine. Can anyone help me?

Slyguy3129:
I've now reinstalled it twice more with the same result. I'm going to attempt to redownload the mod to see if that solves it.

Slyguy3129:
Out of frustration did a reboot. Still no joy. Therefore I have given up. It's already annoying enough that the devs are only patching the Steam version of the game and leaving us who bought it at release out in the cold, now this? I'll just place this game back up on the shelf.

Corey:
Did you try running it from the regular mods folder? It sounds like you're trying to install it over a copy of the base game's data folder, which could cause issues.

Slyguy3129:
I assure you I am not not copying the mod files over the original Data folder. I double click the mod rar, then right click the folder that goes into the Mods folder. Then I select extract to specific folder. Then I select the copy, or renamed folder, and then select it's Mod folder. Then I unzip it. I do the same for the batch file but leave it in the Main directory (where the exe file is). I'm going to try extracting the entire mod rar on it's own, then copying the mod folder into the Mods folder. It will take forever doing it that way as the file is so large but I guess it is worth a shot. I remember I had this exact issue when 2.2 was released, but I have slept since then and forgotten how I fixed it then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version