Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: ISDII Cloaking Devices and Using Them Properly  (Read 2234 times)

November 27, 2017, 08:39:30 AM

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
ISDII Cloaking Devices and Using Them Properly
« on: November 27, 2017, 08:39:30 AM »
So I've been using the Thrawn tree for awhile mostly because of the diplomatic bonuses, universal supply, and having increased culture defense through a better culture spread rate. Due to playing mostly team comp games, Thrawn's just been the best for my playstyle just because of fleet buffs and ease of use.

However, the ultimate tech, is the cloaking device used on Star Destroyers and Asteriods by Pelleaon and Thrawn respectively, and is installed through level up on ISDII-class ships. So I have a few questions about the ultimate ability.

1. Is there any benefit to increasing the cloaking device beyond the first level up? With the cool down already being near instant, I don't see a good reason to not just micromanage the cloak turning off and one.

2. I've been using the cloaking device for the following hijinks with my Star Destroyers. Are any of these bad ideas?
* Stealth scouting with an ISDII
* Setting up ambushes with a group of 6 Star Destroyers laying near the edge of a system.
* Avoiding ship loss via cloak.
* Keeping the ship's firepower hidden until a good target is in range.
* Flanking.

3. Is there any thing I should be using the Cloaking Device for? Because while invisibility is a cool thing in RTSes and always leads to inevitable scouting and ambush tatics, I just struggle to figure out how to preform these things for awhile. I needed to look up Youtube guides for abusing invisibility in Warcraft 3 for example.

November 28, 2017, 06:20:48 AMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: ISDII Cloaking Devices and Using Them Properly
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 06:20:48 AM »
1. They're pretty much one-point abilities, you don't need to upgrade it more.
2. That basically covers how I use cloaking abilities in Sins.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!