Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Era One - Galactic Conquest Breakdown  (Read 20825 times)

September 25, 2016, 08:28:40 PMReply #20

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Era One - Galactic Conquest Breakdown
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 08:28:40 PM »
Is Zsinj now considered a era 2 Gc?

Yeah. It really should have been all along.

Reaper was already long commissioned by that point and had been in service under Kaine for about 4 years. Wouldn't make sense to have her buildable.

I say buildable only in terms of the game mechanic, I don't mean to imply that it would have been actually built in story terms at this point, just that we'd make the player pay/wait to actually start using it for balance reasons, in the same way that we separated Jerec and Sysco.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 25, 2016, 08:39:26 PMReply #21

Offline Illidan Stormrage

• Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-10
  • Killing a Emperor doesnt end a Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 08:39:26 PM »
Yeah. It really should have been all along.

I say buildable only in terms of the game mechanic, I don't mean to imply that it would have been actually built in story terms at this point, just that we'd make the player pay/wait to actually start using it for balance reasons, in the same way that we separated Jerec and Sysco.
So here is a interesting question how many Gcs will Maldrood be in? I am kind of nervous they will be in the least GCs of all the warlords.
"The Empire did nothing wrong obviously" :)
"Your Memes will make a fine addition to my collection"
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

September 26, 2016, 04:42:40 PMReply #22

Offline Darth Red

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 04:42:40 PM »
One random question: will there be maps with with more than [100] planets? Or are these too cumbersome to make?

September 26, 2016, 05:15:21 PMReply #23

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 05:15:21 PM »
One random question: will there be maps with with more than [100] planets? Or are these too cumbersome to make?
yes Imperial Civil War has 100 planets
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

September 27, 2016, 03:56:51 PMReply #24

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 03:56:51 PM »
I can't wait to play all of these Scenarios for 2.2.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

September 27, 2016, 04:40:10 PMReply #25

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 04:40:10 PM »
yeah me too
#MakeMaldroodGreatAgain
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

September 28, 2016, 05:08:21 PMReply #26

Offline Darth Red

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 05:08:21 PM »
yes Imperial Civil War has 100 planets

Cheers, I need to re-install the corrupt Steam game!

September 28, 2016, 05:31:11 PMReply #27

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »
Cheers, I need to re-install the corrupt Steam game!
After 2.2 it will most likely still have 100 planets, but they will give the IR less land, Factions:(guessing) IR, NR, PA, Warlord Zsinj, Eradiu, and Greater Maldrood.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 04, 2016, 02:25:07 PMReply #28

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 02:25:07 PM »
I still can't wait to play mod update. ... When I fix my Computer DAMN it.
After 2.2 it will most likely still have 100 planets, but they will give the IR less land, Factions:(guessing) IR, NR, PA, Warlord Zsinj, Eradiu, and Greater Maldrood.
one Question can they be a GALACTIC Conquest with all of the Planets in mod.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 04, 2016, 04:28:14 PMReply #29

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 04:28:14 PM »
All 210 planets (probably nearer 250 once we finish all of the additions and GC reworks)?   :angel:
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

October 04, 2016, 05:17:32 PMReply #30

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2016, 05:17:32 PM »
All 210 planets (probably nearer 250 once we finish all of the additions and GC reworks)?   :angel:
Ok then ones all of the reworking is done then we can play in a Grand Imperial Civil War Campaign oohhh I love the sound of that do you. Or just that can be in Form the ground up if so or both a Story Driven Campaign or just play a non story Campaign with no heroes but yeah I still want to play a GC like that so day ok.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 05:25:36 PM by StarBornMichaelh165 »

October 04, 2016, 06:19:53 PMReply #31

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »
Slornie would only do it if Corey wanted to.
I don't want to piss off and over work Slornie.
he is too cool.
"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

October 04, 2016, 08:37:39 PMReply #32

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 08:37:39 PM »
Slornie would only do it if Corey wanted to.
I don't want to piss off and over work Slornie.
he is too cool.
Yeah your right sorry I get Carried away there at the thought of a
Bigger Galactic Conqueror sorry.

October 15, 2016, 07:52:14 AMReply #33

Offline JMDurron

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 07:52:14 AM »
Just to add, these changes are definitely an area where we'd like feedback on whether we're going in the right direction or not, considering a good portion of our dedicated playerbase is probably more familiar with not just the source material but also the GCs from previous versions than we are.

My only suggestion would be regarding the Krytos effects on the New Republic - I'd suggest that the NR get zero income from Coruscant until the Krytos virus is dealt with, but that other planets not be impacted.  If I remember by Krytos Trap correctly, it was mainly a political focus and resource issue for the NR on the newly-liberated Coruscant, so starting the game with such a high value planet producing no income might be appropriate.  I can't recall any impacts on other planets, so I'm not sure why the Krytos virus should have any impacts across the entire NR, unless that's just what makes sense in terms of game mechanics. 

October 15, 2016, 08:16:41 AMReply #34

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 08:16:41 AM »
If Coruscant, the galactic centre, is engulfed in a deadly and fast spreading virus what impact would that have on galactic trade?  My thought was that beyond an immediate humanitarian response on Coruscant itself the New Republic might instigate quarantine measures elsewhere to try and prevent the virus spreading off-world.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

October 15, 2016, 01:02:23 PMReply #35

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 01:02:23 PM »
My only suggestion would be regarding the Krytos effects on the New Republic - I'd suggest that the NR get zero income from Coruscant until the Krytos virus is dealt with, but that other planets not be impacted.  If I remember by Krytos Trap correctly, it was mainly a political focus and resource issue for the NR on the newly-liberated Coruscant, so starting the game with such a high value planet producing no income might be appropriate.  I can't recall any impacts on other planets, so I'm not sure why the Krytos virus should have any impacts across the entire NR, unless that's just what makes sense in terms of game mechanics.

From a gameplay perspective, if we make it only impact Coruscant, then the NR just plays as if they don't have Coruscant's income but still have all of its production. That's not a huge deal considering at any given time only one faction can have Coruscant anyways, and they can just conquer other planets or even ditch Coruscant entirely. If they lose Coruscant, intentionally or otherwise, they lose the entire point of the GC and they've got this whole story plot that doesn't matter at all, because they don't even control the impacted territory. The Krytos Virus still had an effect beyond just its immediate victims, there was a huge species relations crisis so impacting production everywhere still makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:04:02 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 15, 2016, 03:10:49 PMReply #36

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 03:10:49 PM »
From a gameplay perspective, if we make it only impact Coruscant, then the NR just plays as if they don't have Coruscant's income but still have all of its production. That's not a huge deal considering at any given time only one faction can have Coruscant anyways, and they can just conquer other planets or even ditch Coruscant entirely. If they lose Coruscant, intentionally or otherwise, they lose the entire point of the GC and they've got this whole story plot that doesn't matter at all, because they don't even control the impacted territory. The Krytos Virus still had an effect beyond just its immediate victims, there was a huge species relations crisis so impacting production everywhere still makes sense.

To be fair there was significant danger it could have spread to other worlds, so this is a good gimmick
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 15, 2016, 09:24:57 PMReply #37

Offline JMDurron

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2016, 09:24:57 PM »
To be fair there was significant danger it could have spread to other worlds, so this is a good gimmick

Agreed, it is a good point.  Consider my suggestion withdrawn, then.  :)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!