Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Questions/Comments About 2.1  (Read 63310 times)

July 07, 2014, 11:08:24 PMReply #60

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions/Comments About 2.1
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2014, 11:08:24 PM »
It is truly sad the Defensive formations are hard coded, they have cost me more problems than a dozen raid fleets put together

I do hate that, doubly so because it likes to put your weakest heavy frigates in the front of your formation for defensive fleets, and your light frigates setting in asteroid fields so that you lose 2-3 ships within 3 seconds due to asteroids ripping through 2 and the lead frigate being blasted to pieces before you've even managed to hit the pause button.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 16, 2014, 06:18:33 AMReply #61

Offline darthsayrehs

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2014, 06:18:33 AM »
Can you add the ability for individual ships to hyperspace out of battle?

Also I feel that the superstar destroyers like the eclipse and other executor class star destroyers are waaaay too powerful. Because of this I don't feel like playing as any other faction at all.

And can you write an alternate AI which is less defensive and more aggressive (constantly attacks the player) forcing the player to go on the defensive.
I never get attacked on the planets I build Golans on.

It's also frustrating when the AI builds Turbolaser turrets in all its planets 5 mins after the game starts.

Yet again I request you to make a more aggressive AI.

Have an option which allows the player to choose the desired AI.

Eagerly awaiting version 2.2

PS. hopefully with the change I've suggested.

July 16, 2014, 07:21:07 AMReply #62

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2014, 07:21:07 AM »
You can choose how effective the Ai are at the start of a Galactic conquest with the 3 ranks in the bottom left of the screen.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 12:28:32 PM by Slornie »
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

July 16, 2014, 04:16:24 PMReply #63

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2014, 04:16:24 PM »
First, you don't need to post the same thing in so many places. We read everything, and it won't get a response any faster since we have to take the time to remove the extras and shift around any responses it already has to the proper thread.

Can you add the ability for individual ships to hyperspace out of battle?

The only way to script this tends to end up with them being able to immediately be brought back in, which is undesirable.

Also I feel that the superstar destroyers like the eclipse and other executor class star destroyers are waaaay too powerful. Because of this I don't feel like playing as any other faction at all.
They're very easy to beat, and even fairly easy to lose. They're not even especially population efficient.

And can you write an alternate AI which is less defensive and more aggressive (constantly attacks the player) forcing the player to go on the defensive.
I never get attacked on the planets I build Golans on.

It's also frustrating when the AI builds Turbolaser turrets in all its planets 5 mins after the game starts.

Yet again I request you to make a more aggressive AI.

EaW tends to not load edits to its actual AI files at all, and you certainly can't script two separate AIs for them and have it be a choice you make ingame. That's absolutely impossible to implement. Besides, the AI already attacks fairly often and with considerable forces, depending on the difficulty you're on. If we made them attack more often, it would end up like the old attack loops where you get extremely small fleets (like 3 frigates) repeatedly at the same planets.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 16, 2014, 06:31:45 PMReply #64

Offline Carnivore Jacques

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2014, 06:31:45 PM »
The only way to script this tends to end up with them being able to immediately be brought back in, which is undesirable.

Would this work?

The self-destruct ability from vanilla is added to every ship. It is replaced with the 'jump to hyperspace' ability - it is disabled if engines are destroyed or interdictors are on. It does three things: reduces shields, reduces weapon power, and destroys the ship. The ship, when destroyed in this manner, doesn't explode or produce a deathclone, it just disappears. The game makes a record of which ships are hyperspaced.
Upon victory, when returning to galactic, the hyperspaced ships are recreated at the site of the battle, similar to how one gets free stormtroopers for taking Coruscant.
Upon defeat, the hyperspaced ships are recreated in orbit of a friendly planet, in the same manner that heroes are spawned at the beginning of eras.

It sounds like a lot of work for something so small, but I'm curious if it's technically possible.

July 16, 2014, 06:38:10 PMReply #65

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2014, 06:38:10 PM »
Abilities are pretty much unmoddable, so that wouldn't work.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 21, 2014, 07:19:21 PMReply #66

Offline Phunnyphil

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2014, 07:19:21 PM »
As I was playing on the Duskhan League's GC, I noticed that I couldn't capture build pads with them. Is that something that could be fixed?

July 21, 2014, 08:22:24 PMReply #67

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 08:22:24 PM »
It's probably the same problem as the PA had in 2.0 (before the hotfix) but since the Duskhan League are a minor faction it's not to big of a problem.

To be honest I would rather they put mining facility's available to them since they can't build any ships with only the planet income.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:24:03 PM by Mat8876 »
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

July 21, 2014, 10:17:58 PMReply #68

Offline Carnivore Jacques

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2014, 10:17:58 PM »
I agree, Yevetha infantry can't use bunkers or build pads. If I remember right they can capture sensor arrays for some reason. Either one may be an oversight.

July 22, 2014, 03:01:21 PMReply #69

Offline Phunnyphil

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2014, 03:01:21 PM »
Something strange that I noticed is that Admiral Teradoc's ship spawns a single tie bomber, and instead of coming out of the hanger, it comes from hyperspace. Is that supposed to happen?

August 06, 2014, 09:42:59 PMReply #70

Woodie

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2014, 09:42:59 PM »
Something strange that I noticed is that Admiral Teradoc's ship spawns a single tie bomber, and instead of coming out of the hanger, it comes from hyperspace. Is that supposed to happen?
HAHA I have noticed this too. I doubt it is meant to happen.

August 06, 2014, 09:46:42 PMReply #71

Woodie

« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2014, 09:46:42 PM »
If you're interested (which you probably aren't), I have a map or two and some voice recordings for 2.2. I got sick of some of the same ground maps appearing for different planets. I made one for Eriadu and Garqi. Just say if you want to have a look at them, mod team.

August 11, 2014, 04:51:44 PMReply #72

Offline ColDale

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2014, 04:51:44 PM »
Hello all. Just got the mod installed. Pretty exceptional! like all the extra units , several new campaigns and choice of factions.

The upgraded details is very well done. Like the way the space battles are darker, more realistic looking. I've also noticed that the fighters move more-well like fighters than the original game where they used to have a tendency to bumble around bumping into each other.

Only one thing though, being a more casual gamer, I don't have the time available to be massively competitive (One reason I avoid MP lol ) and it seems almost every mod ramps up the difficulty even on easy. I can understand the need for those with many hours practice. Just wondered if there's a way I can edit a setting to dump the difficulty down a bit for a while. - Thanks  :)

Also wonder if a Victory star destroyer III will appear ;) lol.

Thanks again for great Mod!

August 11, 2014, 05:45:10 PMReply #73

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2014, 05:45:10 PM »
Hello all. Just got the mod installed. Pretty exceptional! like all the extra units , several new campaigns and choice of factions.

The upgraded details is very well done. Like the way the space battles are darker, more realistic looking. I've also noticed that the fighters move more-well like fighters than the original game where they used to have a tendency to bumble around bumping into each other.

Only one thing though, being a more casual gamer, I don't have the time available to be massively competitive (One reason I avoid MP lol ) and it seems almost every mod ramps up the difficulty even on easy. I can understand the need for those with many hours practice. Just wondered if there's a way I can edit a setting to dump the difficulty down a bit for a while. - Thanks  :)

Also wonder if a Victory star destroyer III will appear ;) lol.

Thanks again for great Mod!

You will not see a VSD-III since there never was a VSD-III.  I have heard of the Harrow-type VSD's called the VSD-III, however the VSD-III is strictly a Fanon design.

No idea on the difficulty thing.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 12, 2014, 05:04:02 AMReply #74

Offline Vulcanus

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 05:04:02 AM »
Welcome to the forums, ColDale!

For beginners I would recommend starting an Empire of the Hand campaign in Art of War. You start with unified starting planets at the edge of the Galaxy with no immediate enemies threatening your borders and a chance to develop your economy before trying to expand. EotH also is in general just a bit over-powered, they are the mod team's baby after all (Corey plz don't crucify me). This is somewhat counter-balanced by their lack of super star destroyers and planetary cannons.

Alternatively you could start one of the Era 1 campaigns with the Imperial Remnant as you have a strong starting position, NR is still weak and you got the Lusankya as the ultimate trump card in space battles.

August 12, 2014, 03:35:26 PMReply #75

Offline ColDale

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
Thanks for the Advice  :)

Good to see a good number of SSD in this mod.

Doe's anyone know of a SSD that was basically an oversized Imperial Star Destroyer?.

Personally I'm new to expanded star wars universe. I've read the Thrawns trilogy (Which would be good if the new films are based on that! lol ) and that's it. Good books though.

August 12, 2014, 03:49:54 PMReply #76

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2014, 03:49:54 PM »
Allegiance was basically a 2.2 KM Tector, that's very similar to what you're looking for (although I don't know if they're classified as SSD's since they're only Battlecruisers).

Assertor was 15 KM long and specifically designed for "conventional warfare" which kinda meets that criteria also.

Bellator as well, since it was a 7.2 KM designed to be much faster and more maneuverable than many other dreadnoughts.

August 12, 2014, 04:06:43 PMReply #77

Offline Vulcanus

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
Thanks for the Advice  :)

Good to see a good number of SSD in this mod.

Doe's anyone know of a SSD that was basically an oversized Imperial Star Destroyer?.

Personally I'm new to expanded star wars universe. I've read the Thrawns trilogy (Which would be good if the new films are based on that! lol ) and that's it. Good books though.

If you wish to further explore expanded universe related to Thrawn's Revenge mod timeframe and the Thrawn Trilogy, I would wholeheartedly recommend the X-Wing novels and the Hand of Thrawn duology. And if you like comics, throw in the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron comics, particularly "In the Empire's Service" arc.

August 12, 2014, 04:30:02 PMReply #78

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2014, 04:30:02 PM »
X wing series, Darksaber, Dark Empire, Hand of Thrawn dualogy, the courtship of princessleia, dark forces I, II and III books are all good reads that cover the timetable
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

August 14, 2014, 04:27:49 PMReply #79

Offline ColDale

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2014, 04:27:49 PM »
Allegiance was basically a 2.2 KM Tector, that's very similar to what you're looking for (although I don't know if they're classified as SSD's since they're only Battlecruisers).

Assertor was 15 KM long and specifically designed for "conventional warfare" which kinda meets that criteria also.

Bellator as well, since it was a 7.2 KM designed to be much faster and more maneuverable than many other dreadnoughts.

That's what I'm thinking of I think. It was one of the extra ships added in a mod for the EAW demo . I think that was the name of it.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!