Imperial Civil War [Empire at War] > Discussion, Suggestions & Feedback

Questions/Comments About 2.1

(1/20) > >>

Revanchist:
There was one of these created for 2.0, now there is one for the 2.1 release.

Just installed it, haven't played yet, but will within the next few days. I will post my thoughts then.

That being said: I was looking through the files in the mod, and I found two files for Yuuzhan Vong Amphistaffs, last modified in 2012. What is the story behind this?

Augustus Lucius Flavius:
Along the lines of the Amphistaffs, I found all the files for a Republic-Class Capital ship for the New Republic.  Where is this ship?

Revanchist:

--- Quote from: Augustus Lucius Flavius on January 23, 2014, 12:56:32 AM ---Along the lines of the Amphistaffs, I found all the files for a Republic-Class Capital ship for the New Republic.  Where is this ship?

--- End quote ---

That was cut when 2.0 was released. It was redundant and inferior and ugly. I did notice that there were also still name lists for Wingless MC-80s (also cut upon the release of 2.0).

Corey:

--- Quote from: Augustus Lucius Flavius on January 23, 2014, 12:56:32 AM ---Along the lines of the Amphistaffs, I found all the files for a Republic-Class Capital ship for the New Republic.  Where is this ship?

--- End quote ---

Revanchist pretty much summed this one up. The ship's role and armament are almost identical to the Nebula, so there wasn't any point in keeping them both; both have 40 Heavy Turbolasers, 40 regular turbolasers, 20 ion cannon, the NSD just has some concs on top of it. Add to that the fact that the Republic-class is inherently terrible looking (believe me, we tried to make it look good but the design is just awful) and that canonically it was relatively limited in production, and the NSD wins.

--- Quote ---I was looking through the files in the mod, and I found two files for Yuuzhan Vong Amphistaffs, last modified in 2012. What is the story behind this?
--- End quote ---

Not just Amphistaffs. The files are for a fully-functional Yuuzhan Vong warrior who happens to be holding an Amphistaff. The others were supposed to have Razor and Thud bugs, hence the naming convention. These files are the result of one of the many periods in which we intended to put in Vong. IIRC those files are from much earlier, but they were in the mod at that point because one of the plans with 2.0 (it may even have been 1.3) was to do something in AoW or Final Imperial Push where, after a certain amount of time, we just popped a bunch of Vong units into the galaxy and completely screwed the player over on account of how funny we thought it would be. It would have been mostly space units and then just the three infantry types, because fuck trying to get all those ground units doing anything properly. Codeuser and I even got a prototype for how we'd do Dovin Basal coding instead of shields for their ships. Obviously, we never actually did it. Of course, that could change if enough people pestered us to do the Vong for Ascendancy.... Especially if the freeze fix thing goes anywhere.

Augustus Lucius Flavius:
You plotted to put the Vong in? Why did you not finish this? It is now an Imperial Order.  Your future Emperor demands it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version