Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Corey Sucks at Surviving  (Read 9533 times)

February 18, 2013, 12:46:04 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Corey Sucks at Surviving
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:46:04 AM »
We tried to record the preview video for Survival mode. This happened. Actual preview video coming tomorrowish, hopefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ0GKTeI6RM
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 18, 2013, 12:57:00 PMReply #1

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Corey Sucks at Surviving
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
Tactics: antifighter ships and some carriers would benefit you.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

February 18, 2013, 05:07:24 PMReply #2

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »
Tactics: antifighter ships and some carriers would benefit you.

Good ol hindsight
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

February 18, 2013, 07:44:51 PMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:44:51 PM »
Yep never fails

February 19, 2013, 12:11:32 AMReply #4

Offline Nirukii

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 12:11:32 AM »
Good ol hindsight
One's hindsight is always 20/20.

February 19, 2013, 09:26:46 PMReply #5

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 09:26:46 PM »
One's hindsight is always 20/20.

Looking back, it's still a bit fuzzy...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 21, 2013, 03:15:34 AMReply #6

Offline Raijin

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 03:15:34 AM »
AWW yes tactics are key, plus you picked the NR which everyone knows is made of ragtag starships compared to the Empire that steamrolls you as in what happened. :) Sweet mode though cant wait to give it a try
"Today, I will be reborn?like the Empire, whose incarnation I have conceived and incubated. Today I will bring forth? the Empire Reborn."
―Lord Hethrir, launching the Empire Reborn

February 21, 2013, 11:03:13 PMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 11:03:13 PM »
Well said

March 01, 2013, 07:44:51 PMReply #8

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 07:44:51 PM »
Ahahah I'm not sure who sayd the "Corey what the fuck?" Ahahah just couldn't stop laughing since Corey said "I can't win this, it's the first wave..."
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

March 01, 2013, 08:08:42 PMReply #9

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
That was Enceladus who said "Corey what the fuck." Me and him had been in the skype call tryiung to do this for like an hour and a half at that point.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 27, 2013, 02:20:51 PMReply #10

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »
You... you built Majestics! Corey, what is this, I don't even o.o

May 27, 2013, 02:50:36 PMReply #11

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »
You... you built Majestics! Corey, what is this, I don't even o.o

Majestics are horrible in every way possible. Nebulas and Endurances all day.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

May 27, 2013, 04:37:22 PMReply #12

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »
Majestics are horrible in every way possible. Nebulas and Endurances all day.

Truth. I've thought about modifying the Majestic to make it a long range but flimsy capital ship, sort of like a weaker Praetor made of paper, but also cheaper and less pop heavy. Never got around to it though.

May 27, 2013, 06:01:25 PMReply #13

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »
Truth. I've thought about modifying the Majestic to make it a long range but flimsy capital ship, sort of like a weaker Praetor made of paper, but also cheaper and less pop heavy. Never got around to it though.

If you could make it to where they had a large field of a view AND a range long enough to make them useful they might be alright. But Nebulas are my capital ship warfare units for the moment. Not a fan of space whales.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

May 27, 2013, 08:26:01 PMReply #14

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »
If you could make it to where they had a large field of a view AND a range long enough to make them useful they might be alright. But Nebulas are my capital ship warfare units for the moment. Not a fan of space whales.

I personally consider the Nebula's power to weapons to be very overpowered.... but yes they are my primary capital ship also, though I nerfed them by removing it, it's just too easy for my tastes either way :P, anyway, this is off topic!

May 28, 2013, 12:41:49 AMReply #15

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 12:41:49 AM »
Yes the Nebula right now might be a bit overpowered. But the Majestic fills a role in era 3 very well. It's actually fast for a capital ship, has very strong shields, and a strong shield regen rate, and is well armed. If you use two or three of them as flanking ships, they're very very good.

Basically, against the MC90 it's a stronger, faster, fighter-less cruiser. The main problem with it is that it doesn't really fit into the NR military doctrine, especially once you get the Nebula and the Endurance, with their focus on starfighters and bombers.

One way to make them more usuable is say, a bit more armor/shields, and even better speed, so you can use them as fast attack cruisers. Giving them a longer range (more in keeping with canon) would also increase their viability.
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

May 28, 2013, 12:48:44 AMReply #16

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 12:48:44 AM »
Yes the Nebula right now might be a bit overpowered. But the Majestic fills a role in era 3 very well. It's actually fast for a capital ship, has very strong shields, and a strong shield regen rate, and is well armed. If you use two or three of them as flanking ships, they're very very good.

Basically, against the MC90 it's a stronger, faster, fighter-less cruiser. The main problem with it is that it doesn't really fit into the NR military doctrine, especially once you get the Nebula and the Endurance, with their focus on starfighters and bombers.

One way to make them more usuable is say, a bit more armor/shields, and even better speed, so you can use them as fast attack cruisers. Giving them a longer range (more in keeping with canon) would also increase their viability.

Hm, interesting. Never really used them much so maybe I was wrong. And the Nebula's getting power to weapons removed in 2.1 so maybe i'll have more reason to use variety! Yay variety!

May 28, 2013, 04:17:41 PMReply #17

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 04:17:41 PM »
Perhaps you should try diplomacy in the future

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!